SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:07:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 103683 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2022, 09:57:58 PM »

This is a leak of a document written in February, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But If this is the real opinion they'll be releasing in a few weeks, Praise the LORD. This is not only the legally correct (When you take all the politics out of it, there is no right to abortion in the constitution. It simply isn't there. We invented it in 1973, and have only kept it around this long for public opinion concerns, which is not a legally appropriate basis for Court Decisions.) but also incredibly life-saving Decision. It's also a balanced decision that doesn't threaten Griswold or try to define personhood. It simply leaves abortion to the states. Maryland can allow abortion in the 9th Month, as their laws currently do. Texas can ban it completely if they choose. For the first time in nearly fifty years, people will not be told by a court what to do about abortion, but instead to determine the appropriate destiny for each society through our democracy. And they will remain able to prevent implantation via contraception.

I don't much care who this helps electorally. What I do find praise in is the strengthening of our democracy and the saving of lives that this decision would bring.

Also, if it's all true - Gorsuch, I was wrong about you. I still don't really get why you gave this answer, but glad to see you are actually pro-life. https://youtu.be/Z08EdjHJgoI

Why do you hate women so much?

Nothing about that post suggests he hates women.

Apart from the fact he's salivating over a woman's right to bodily autonomy being revoked.

For the vast majority of cases, women can exercise their right to bodily autonomy by choosing not to engage in acts they know can result in pregnancy.

And with that, you confirm you hate women too.

I am a woman. My opinion on the issue has more value than yours.

Not when your opinion is in favor of restricting other women's rights. And newsflash, there are women who hate other women. Being a woman doesn't mean you cannot be capable of hating women. Not saying that you do hate women, but you being a woman doesn't make your opinion right.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2022, 09:58:44 PM »

Folks who repeatedly concern troll about this will be muted from this board for 24 hrs.  I’ve already had to issue one of these.  I am in no mood for concern trolling right now; this is the first and last warning.

So uh, can you define this so no one gets unfairly moderated for expressing genuine opinions?

Just asking since the transparency would be a good thing here.

Use your common sense, that’s what God gave it to you for.  I’m not playing this game.
Um no, this needs clarification.

Which part?  This isn’t complicated; use your common sense.
That’s not an answer, that’s being a bad mod.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2022, 09:59:07 PM »

Christian Nationalism wins tonight, the soul of America loses.

We're going to need motivation from pro-choice this Fall, because this is a serious backwards to the health and safety of woman in our country. A certain segment of the country is more concerned with punishing woman than providing them the most available option for an abortion, however they find it troubling.

For every demon that votes this November, true Christians who are willing to do anything to defend God's designs will stand firm and defeat the vote of evil.
This is insanely deranged, no surprise from you of course.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2022, 09:59:13 PM »

This is a leak of a document written in February, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But If this is the real opinion they'll be releasing in a few weeks, Praise the LORD. This is not only the legally correct (When you take all the politics out of it, there is no right to abortion in the constitution. It simply isn't there. We invented it in 1973, and have only kept it around this long for public opinion concerns, which is not a legally appropriate basis for Court Decisions.) but also incredibly life-saving Decision. It's also a balanced decision that doesn't threaten Griswold or try to define personhood. It simply leaves abortion to the states. Maryland can allow abortion in the 9th Month, as their laws currently do. Texas can ban it completely if they choose. For the first time in nearly fifty years, people will not be told by a court what to do about abortion, but instead to determine the appropriate destiny for each society through our democracy. And they will remain able to prevent implantation via contraception.

I don't much care who this helps electorally. What I do find praise in is the strengthening of our democracy and the saving of lives that this decision would bring.

Also, if it's all true - Gorsuch, I was wrong about you. I still don't really get why you gave this answer, but glad to see you are actually pro-life. https://youtu.be/Z08EdjHJgoI

Apart from the fact he's salivating over a woman's right to bodily autonomy being revoked.

For the vast majority of cases, women can exercise their right to bodily autonomy by choosing not to engage in acts they know can result in pregnancy.

Not when your opinion is in favor of restricting other women's rights. And newsflash, there are women who hate other women. Being a woman doesn't mean you cannot be capable of hating women. Not saying that you do hate women, but you being a woman doesn't make your opinion right.

My opinion isn't in favor of restricting anyone's rights, because abortion isn't a right.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2022, 09:59:28 PM »

We're going to need motivation from pro-choice this Fall, because this is a serious backwards to the health and safety of woman in our country. A certain segment of the country is more concerned with punishing woman than providing them the most available option for an abortion, however they find it troubling.

For every demon that votes this November, true Christians who are willing to do anything to defend God's designs will stand firm and defeat the vote of evil.

You support Russia, January 6th and now this.

That makes you a fascist.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2022, 10:00:24 PM »

Let me be very clear: Alito's draft is not a serious legal opinion. It is a political manifesto, and the outlining of his personal agenda, disguised as a Constitutional legal opinion.

The corruption truly knows no bounds.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:13 PM »

Why can’t we just regulate abortion as a Medical Service ? Many countries, from my understanding, don’t see Abortion as a right but as a service, but it gives the government the right to regulate such services.

I want regulated abortion. Laws and healthcare experts should be involved. Not 80 year old justices
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:17 PM »

STOP CRUSHING FEMALE VOICES
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:34 PM »

You don't actually believe this, you're just parroting what you've seen some pro-choice women say to pro-life men as an attempt to "own" him.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:59 PM »

If you see any head counts of protests in D.C., you should read them with the caveat that I know several Republicans there to observe and (privately) laugh.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:03 PM »

Another SCOTUS protest update-

_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:18 PM »

Most intellectual discourse on Talkelections.org
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:22 PM »

I notice that most of the protestors are white. That is weird, given they are in D.C.

To be honest despite the fact this is clearly an issue that effects people of all races, I have found that the people most animated about this issue (on both sides) tend to be white. So in all honestly this is not surprising in the slightest.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:24 PM »

Folks who repeatedly concern troll about this will be muted from this board for 24 hrs.  I’ve already had to issue one of these.  I am in no mood for concern trolling right now; this is the first and last warning.

So uh, can you define this so no one gets unfairly moderated for expressing genuine opinions?

Just asking since the transparency would be a good thing here.

Use your common sense, that’s what God gave it to you for.  I’m not playing this game.
Um no, this needs clarification.

Which part?  This isn’t complicated; use your common sense.
That’s not an answer, that’s being a bad mod.

That’s the answer, so I guess it’ll have to do.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:49 PM »

True Christians also help women who have been affected by unwanted pregnancies instead of leaving them out to dry and saying that rape is a opportunity.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2022, 10:03:04 PM »

Let me be very clear: Alito's draft is not a serious legal opinion. It is a political manifesto, and the outlining of his personal agenda, disguised as a Constitutional legal opinion.

The corruption truly knows no bounds.

Alito sucks ass. Honestly not sure who thought it was a good idea to give him the decision, an equally conservative opinion could have been written by any of the other anti-Roe justices, and it at least would have sounded better.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »

Women who hate women's rights have existed.

Phyllis Schlafly for example
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2022, 10:03:45 PM »

Average talk elections discourse.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:28 PM »

You don't actually believe this, you're just parroting what you've seen some pro-choice women say to pro-life men as an attempt to "own" him.

You don't get to say what I do or do not believe in. Nor do you know me well enough to have a valid argument here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:46 PM »

Why can’t we just regulate abortion as a Medical Service ? Many countries, from my understanding, don’t see Abortion as a right but as a service, but it gives the government the right to regulate such services.

I want regulated abortion. Laws and healthcare experts should be involved. Not 80 year old justices

This wouldn't go as you expect in this country.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:50 PM »

look I know mr x can be disingenuous but its obvious what he's talking about. As I said above, people in this thread are fear mongering about the SCOTUS using the same logic to overturn Griswold/Obergefell/Lawrence. That's absolutely concern trolling

Right, ERM is a spam bot who should've been banned long ago.
He also unironically believed the Supreme Court was going to actually hear Mike Lindell's lawsuits and rule in his favor, that's all that needs to be said about him really.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:58 PM »

400-500 at SCOTUS

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:09 PM »

Reading through this opinion and man is it bad. I’m on the part where Alito says that the word “necessary” is too ambiguous to interpret.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:40 PM »

You don't get to say what I do or do not believe in. Nor do you know me well enough to have a valid argument here.

Okay, theocrat.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2022, 10:05:44 PM »

I am absolutely allowed to suggest that you're arguing in bad faith, which I believe you are doing.

Forgive me if I don't buy that one of the most reactionary users on this site believes in the idea that your identity bolsters your argument.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies