Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:59:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp  (Read 928 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2022, 03:51:23 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2022, 05:27:09 PM by Old School Republican »

One troubling problem — encountered by several voters — is that voting machines switched their votes from Leader Stacey Abrams to Secretary Kemp," the 66-page complaint filed Nov. 27, 2018, in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia alleges.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 03:54:49 PM »

Well did they?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »

The Georgian election was rigged all right.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 03:59:57 PM »

What Republicans don’t seem to get is that it’s not that Trump is claiming a rigged election that’s the problem persay. The problem is that his claims are patently ridiculous and used as cover for an attempted coup.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 04:06:19 PM »

What is in the water in Illinois?

Jesus Christ YES raising unfounded doubts about the outcome of our elections and undermining our democracy in the process IS the problem with what Trump did. And it wasn’t better when Abrams did it, as I said even at the time. There is no more evidence of voting machines switching votes from her to Kemp than there was from Trump to Biden, or evidence that her alleged voter roll purges could have been decisive anyway given the margin she lost by. And her claims looked especially ridiculous after Biden won GA anyway and, to their credit, Kemp and his Republican administration defended that result against immense pressure from Trump.

This country is absolutely f—ked if BOTH sides start to refuse to accept any electoral defeat as legitimate. I have been wary about Abrams for a while for a reason. This kind of crap cannot stand in the Democratic Party, not if we want to have a leg to stand on as literally THE  “democratic” party against a party trying to undermine democracy anyway.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 04:15:59 PM »

Jesus Christ YES raising unfounded doubts about the outcome of our elections and undermining our democracy in the process IS the problem with what Trump did. And it wasn’t better when Abrams did it, as I said even at the time. There is no more evidence of voting machines switching votes from her to Kemp than there was from Trump to Biden, or evidence that her alleged voter roll purges could have been decisive anyway given the margin she lost by. And her claims looked especially ridiculous after Biden won GA anyway and, to their credit, Kemp and his Republican administration defended that result against immense pressure from Trump.

This country is absolutely f—ked if BOTH sides start to refuse to accept any electoral defeat as legitimate. I have been wary about Abrams for a while for a reason. This kind of crap cannot stand in the Democratic Party, not if we want to have a leg to stand on as literally THE  “democratic” party against a party trying to undermine democracy anyway.

This is the critical part. Unfounded

Are the claims referred to in the lawsuit unfounded?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 05:09:32 PM »

Dara Lindenbaum represented a nonprofit in a lawsuit that made voter suppression claims; the lawsuit was later amended

Title is a bit misleading, she's just doing the job she was hired to do.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 05:11:36 PM »

Dara Lindenbaum represented a nonprofit in a lawsuit that made voter suppression claims; the lawsuit was later amended

Has she come out since then and said she rejects her prior claim, given the position she has been appointed too. I doubt Manchin or Sinema would vote to confirm her unless she has
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 05:12:00 PM »

Oof. I wonder if the OP will edit the title or delete the thread altogether.

More of a criticism of Fox News, that's the title they had for their article. I'm just surprised OSR didn't read the article and give it a more accurate headline.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 05:23:08 PM »

Well, between Kemp, Perdue, and Abrams, Kemp is definitely the "things weren't rigged" candidate.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 05:25:52 PM »

Well, between Kemp, Perdue, and Abrams, Kemp is definitely the "things weren't rigged" candidate.

Yeah no duh, the guy who won the election isn't going to call it rigged lmao
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 05:27:21 PM »

Ok Edited Headline
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 05:30:17 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 05:31:57 PM »

It's just interesting how you have Abrams and Perdue both going after him on election integrity and that Trump seemed like he'd prefer Abrams to Kemp.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

It doesn't matter whether she supported this claim or not. This is horrible optics and gives people an excuse to vote for republicans. God my party has become such a joke!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »

It doesn't matter whether she supported this claim or not. This is horrible optics and gives people an excuse to vote for republicans. God my party has become such a joke!
Who votes based on FEC appointments? I agree this sort of stuff is generally bad but this isn't going to matter electorally.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2022, 05:54:36 PM »

Even after he won, Trump falsely claimed that there was significant fraud in favor of HRC
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2022, 07:10:19 PM »

Even after he won, Trump falsely claimed that there was significant fraud in favor of HRC

Okay fair point, but Trump is not a regular person lol
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2022, 07:48:36 PM »

At least Alben Barkley is consistent.  I respect the argument he makes.

I agree with his bottom line conclusion, but I also believe that America has an honesty deficit in its elections.  The first election I worked in from start to finish as a campaign volunteer was stolen after election day.  I would learn how that happened from people in the know to tell me.  So you'll forgive me if I believe that the real underminers are those responsible for the dishonest elections and not the people who complain about it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2022, 07:51:51 PM »

The American public really needs to learn to stop holding lawyers accountable for the people they represent.  If I was a lawyer and someone paid me to make the argument that my defendant was being framed by the underpants gnomes, I'm just doing my job.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2022, 09:52:03 AM »

The American public really needs to learn to stop holding lawyers accountable for the people they represent.  If I was a lawyer and someone paid me to make the argument that my defendant was being framed by the underpants gnomes, I'm just doing my job.

Lol, a lot of us don't like people whose jobs revolve around lying compulsively.

But fair enough, I do see your point.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:20 AM »

There a few reasons why the latest surveyUSA poll had Warnock up five in the Senate race but Abrams down five against Kemp, and even down against Perdue. Her dancing around the results of the 2018 election is one of those reasons.

As was already said, bad optics.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 11:23:04 AM »

The American public really needs to learn to stop holding lawyers accountable for the people they represent.  If I was a lawyer and someone paid me to make the argument that my defendant was being framed by the underpants gnomes, I'm just doing my job.

This was a plaintiff's case.

And Lindenbaum is/was the general counsel to both of Abrams' gubernatorial campaigns.  She's been wrapped-up in this farce to paint Kemp's win as illegitimate since day one, and Biden should withdraw her nomination ASAP.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2022, 11:33:44 AM »

Exactly. It's like the 2016 "scandal" about how decades ago Hillary Clinton was assigned to publicly defend a rapist. It would have been far, far worse if she had sandbagged the case on purpose.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »

Nope!

But it's also not unethical to do the job a client hires you for. Unless she presented falsified evidence, her job was to present the weak case and lose respectably, which it seemed like she did. It's pretty hard for lawyers to cross a legal line, like some of Trump's did with direct incitement.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies