Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:13:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden’s FEC pick represented lawsuit that claimed Voting Machines switched votes from Abrams to Kemp  (Read 929 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2022, 11:44:00 AM »

The American public really needs to learn to stop holding lawyers accountable for the people they represent.  If I was a lawyer and someone paid me to make the argument that my defendant was being framed by the underpants gnomes, I'm just doing my job.

Exactly. It's like the 2016 "scandal" about how decades ago Hillary Clinton was assigned to publicly defend a rapist. It would have been far, far worse if she had sandbagged the case on purpose.

Attacking Hillary or KBJ for their roles in criminal defense is not fair, attacking a lawyer for filing a frivolous lawsuit whether it be Sidney Powell or Lindembaum is fair.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2022, 11:45:44 AM »

Dara Lindenbaum represented a nonprofit in a lawsuit that made voter suppression claims; the lawsuit was later amended

Title is a bit misleading, she's just doing the job she was hired to do.

Has she come out since then and said she rejects her prior claim, given the position she has been appointed too. I doubt Manchin or Sinema would vote to confirm her unless she has

OK, so the issue is......? Huh
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2022, 11:47:31 AM »

It doesn't matter whether she supported this claim or not. This is horrible optics and gives people an excuse to vote for republicans. God my party has become such a joke!
Who votes based on FEC appointments? I agree this sort of stuff is generally bad but this isn't going to matter electorally.
I swear to god, I'm sick of the gaslighting from both sides, it's really pathetic. You know that suburban #nevertrumpers will be turned off by Abrams claiming she actually won/voting machines were rigged/etc.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2022, 11:54:20 AM »

The American public really needs to learn to stop holding lawyers accountable for the people they represent.  If I was a lawyer and someone paid me to make the argument that my defendant was being framed by the underpants gnomes, I'm just doing my job.

Exactly. It's like the 2016 "scandal" about how decades ago Hillary Clinton was assigned to publicly defend a rapist. It would have been far, far worse if she had sandbagged the case on purpose.

Attacking Hillary or KBJ for their roles in criminal defense is not fair, attacking a lawyer for filing a frivolous lawsuit whether it be Sidney Powell or Lindembaum is fair.

I'm not sure the two situations are exactly comparable there, but if she took it to the extent of Powell and faced the same consequences, she would not belong in a federal appointment.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2022, 01:20:58 PM »

It doesn't matter whether she supported this claim or not. This is horrible optics and gives people an excuse to vote for republicans. God my party has become such a joke!
Who votes based on FEC appointments? I agree this sort of stuff is generally bad but this isn't going to matter electorally.
I swear to god, I'm sick of the gaslighting from both sides, it's really pathetic. You know that suburban #nevertrumpers will be turned off by Abrams claiming she actually won/voting machines were rigged/etc.
But outside of Georgia almost no voters are very familiar with that and this won't be big news even in Georgia. No one except huge political junkies cares about this office.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2022, 01:28:37 PM »

You're talking about a situation in which the lawyer was defending an accused criminal. Everybody deserves a fair trial and a competent defense so defense attorneys arguing on behalf of guilty people are a necessary evil. It's not comparable.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies