2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:13:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 87825 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: May 24, 2022, 11:00:11 PM »

What's the recount laws in Texas?

Applying the above formula:

Henry Cuellar*
23,735 +50.5%50.5%
Jessica Cisneros

Difference: 501

23,735 * .1 = 2,373.5

So yes, Cisneros can request one. Historically speaking it would be rare for a recount to overturn a 500 vote difference in a congressional race though.

This is going to be super close

NYT has more votes reporting than whatever Wasserman is using (appears to be C(Clinton)NN). The 501 difference is the NYT count.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1301 on: May 24, 2022, 11:02:33 PM »

Honestly Jones and Shelby was a pretty good delegation for Alabama, hoping Britt ultimately wins. Moore and Tuberville would be a massive downgrade.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1302 on: May 24, 2022, 11:03:36 PM »

Honestly Jones and Shelby was a pretty good delegation for Alabama, hoping Britt ultimately wins. Moore and Tuberville would be a massive downgrade.

You mean Brooks and Tuberville?
Logical

« Reply #1303 on: May 24, 2022, 11:04:05 PM »

Henry Cuellar*
23,735 +50.5%50.5%
Jessica Cisneros

23,735 * .1 = 2,373.5

So yes, Cisneros can request one. Historically speaking it would be rare for a recount to overturn a 500 vote difference in a congressional race though.

NYT has more votes reporting than whatever Wasserman is using (appears to be C(Clinton)NN). The 501 difference is the NYT count.

CNN results is in line with the Texas SOS site. I don't know what the failing NYT is on today but they have been awful all night long.
Buzz

« Reply #1304 on: May 24, 2022, 11:09:14 PM »

Burt Jones down to 50.3%
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1305 on: May 24, 2022, 11:15:03 PM »

MRW there are literally 11 EDay voting sites left to report but Cisneros's fate depends on the goodwill of the Bexar County gods so I can't afford to insult them

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1306 on: May 24, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »

Some idiot at NYT was uploading results from the March primary, which inflated cuellar a bit
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1307 on: May 24, 2022, 11:18:57 PM »

Both the failing NYT and the Clinton News Network are saying there are votes left in Jim Hogg...which should push Cuellar up a bit more.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1308 on: May 24, 2022, 11:28:10 PM »

Calling TX-29 R for Schafranek!
GA-SOS D will be a RUNOFF between Nguyen and Dawkins-Haigler!
GA LT Gov D will be a RUNOFF between Hall and Bailey!
Calling GA Agriculture Commissioner D for Hemingway!
GA-10 R will be a RUNOFF between Collins and Jones!
Calling GA-10 D FIRST SLOT for Johnson-Green!
Calling AL-5 D for Warner-Stanton!

Uncalled:

GA LT GOV R
GA Insurance Commissioner D
GA Labor Commissioner D
GA 10 D SPOT 2
AL-4 D
AL Auditor R
TX Land Commissioner D
TX-15 D
TX-24 D
OR-5 D
PA-SEN R
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1309 on: May 24, 2022, 11:32:29 PM »

Henry Cuellar*
23,735 +50.5%50.5%
Jessica Cisneros

23,735 * .1 = 2,373.5

Per the TX SOS’s site
https://results.texas-election.com/landing-page

17% of precincts are out and they are all Bexar.
We don’t know how many votes those are, but that seems good for Cisternos.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1310 on: May 24, 2022, 11:41:07 PM »

Henry Cuellar*
23,735 +50.5%50.5%
Jessica Cisneros

23,735 * .1 = 2,373.5

Per the TX SOS’s site
https://results.texas-election.com/landing-page

17% of precincts are out and they are all Bexar.
We don’t know how many votes those are, but that seems good for Cisternos.

Hopefully we can take out the crook (Huh) and run a clean progressive DEM in this seat and carry it on to victory.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02/01/henry-cuellar-fbi-raid-election/

https://www.tpr.org/government-politics/2022-05-23/fbi-raids-open-borders-and-abortion-heres-what-cisneros-and-cuellar-are-fighting-for-in-the-d28-runoff

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2022/04/13/rep-henry-cuellar-not-a-target-after-fbi-raided-home-campaign-office-lawyer-says/
Logical

« Reply #1311 on: May 24, 2022, 11:47:03 PM »

Regardless of what the Bexar result is there will be a couple hundred provisionals across the district and the inevitable recount. This race won't be called in quite a while.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1312 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:00 PM »

And now they are reporting Bexar counting is done with no change
What?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1313 on: May 24, 2022, 11:53:01 PM »

Cuellar wins!!!

Lol, this guy is like a roach

Doesn’t die
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1314 on: May 24, 2022, 11:53:39 PM »

What?

The majority of Bexar is outside the district.  There were probably no more votes from the part in the district.  Bye bye jessie.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1315 on: May 24, 2022, 11:54:05 PM »

What?

As I understand it there were 11 vote centers to report in all of Bexar County, not all of Bexar county is in TX-28.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1316 on: May 24, 2022, 11:58:41 PM »

TX-28 was not even the closest race in the RGV, in TX-15 (D) Michelle Vallejo leads by 23 votes with all the votes in according to the TX SOS website (I have given up on the NYT tonight).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1317 on: May 25, 2022, 12:06:46 AM »

Raffensperger was written off by a lot of people.

So in light of these results, I wonder if Tom Rice's primary prospects are being underrated. His colleagues haven't turned against him like they have against Liz Cheney and a I feel like the electorate in his district is noticeably less Trumpy than one in, say, West Virginia.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1318 on: May 25, 2022, 12:12:09 AM »

With the 177 vote difference Cisneros can and probably will call for a recount. But I don't expect it to change anything and my call for Cuellar stands.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1319 on: May 25, 2022, 12:16:11 AM »

I wonder if Bee Nguyen can be considered a slight favorite over Raffensperger for SoS this fall since there's a good chance a lot of Republican primary voters might skip his part of the ballot because they're disenfranchised by him... kind of in a similar fashion to the 2021 Georgia runoffs.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1320 on: May 25, 2022, 12:19:29 AM »

I wonder if Bee Nguyen can be considered a slight favorite over Raffensperger for SoS this fall since there's a good chance a lot of Republican primary voters might skip his part of the ballot because they're disenfranchised by him... kind of in a similar fashion to the 2021 Georgia runoffs.
Possible but there's also the question of if weaker Dem Voters will skip the race or even vote Raffensperger because of his heroism and lack of a reason to vote against him.

I'll also note that Nyugen may or may not be the nominee as a runoff is happening....
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1321 on: May 25, 2022, 12:24:01 AM »

So in light of these results, I wonder if Tom Rice's primary prospects are being underrated. His colleagues haven't turned against him like they have against Liz Cheney and a I feel like the electorate in his district is noticeably less Trumpy than one in, say, West Virginia.

Given the emerging weakness of Trump's grip over Republican primaries & the recent discourse in the WY-AL megathread, I'm honestly starting to wonder if a Cheney re-nomination is plausibly possible.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1322 on: May 25, 2022, 12:40:57 AM »

Given the emerging weakness of Trump's grip over Republican primaries & the recent discourse in the WY-AL megathread, I'm honestly starting to wonder if a Cheney re-nomination is plausibly possible.

Long way until August 16th so wouldn't be saying that with any degree of confidence.

The other thing is WY is a pretty exposed primary - Only it, AK, and maybe SD are voting that day. This means Trump won't need to divide his attention much and can almost exclusively focus on defeating Cheney in the final days.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #1323 on: May 25, 2022, 12:56:15 AM »

Wyoming is quite different from Georgia though.

It's much closer to West Virginia... and we all saw what happened to McKinley...
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1324 on: May 25, 2022, 01:35:00 AM »

These voters who feel that way – didn't they just renominate him to do the same job in which he disenfranchised their feelings? It took pretty substantial R dropoff to get the Georgia runoffs result, Warnock's encore performance this time will be a much better indicator of how the statewide races go.

Cheney has stepped in it with her electorate to a far greater degree than Raff or McKinley or even Rice.

Kinzinger has done the same stuff and had the same media coverage and would've been similarly viewed by actual voters if he ran for reelection, but he was screwed six ways to Sunday by redistricting and a bunch of other stuff anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies