2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 83742 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2022, 03:34:19 AM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Lol why are you obsessed about "GOP women". Who cares? Let's get good candidates in office instead of focusing on irrelevant things.
You are consistently endorsing or pulling for bad Candidates like Majewski!

Yeah, no, I don't back the idea of "We need as many Republicans as possible and Republican Women too!" because you just reek of electabro basement caucus. I'd rather have a House Majority of 10 with the RIGHT People (ie, great policy on trade, immigration, the family, election integrity, etc) than have a House Majority of 60 with 30 Mitt Romneys. If that's the case, tell me what's the difference between Democrats and Republicans outside of Muh Tax Cutzzz!

So yeah, Simp, leave. We don't need you in the party if you're going to be worshipping at the alter of women because women.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2022, 04:10:53 AM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Lol why are you obsessed about "GOP women". Who cares? Let's get good candidates in office instead of focusing on irrelevant things.

Yeah, no, I don't back the idea of "We need as many Republicans as possible and Republican Women too!" because you just reek of electabro basement caucus. I'd rather have a House Majority of 10 with the RIGHT People (ie, great policy on trade, immigration, the family, election integrity, etc) than have a House Majority of 60 with 30 Mitt Romneys. If that's the case, tell me what's the difference between Democrats and Republicans outside of Muh Tax Cutzzz!

So yeah, Simp, leave. We don't need you in the party if you're going to be worshipping at the alter of women because women.
Exactly. These "muh Republican women" people don't even care about women, they just care about 'elooctability', like Stefanik. I support GOP women. I support Kari Lake, MTG, Laura Loomer, Sarah Palin and Janice McGeachin, but you never see the "muh GOP women" people promote those GOP women.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2022, 04:17:57 AM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Exactly. These "muh Republican women" people don't even care about women, they just care about 'elooctability', like Stefanik. I support GOP women. I support Kari Lake, MTG, Laura Loomer, Sarah Palin and Janice McGeachin, but you never see the "muh GOP women" people promote those GOP women.

Because they're unelectooble. This is despite the horrendous policies that 'Republican' women like Noem, Stefanik, Spartz, Haley, Britt, and Capito push. I'd rather lose 67% of winnable races if it means that the other 33% sees the Right people win. I won't let the establishment hijack our movement like they hijacked the Tea Party. Now is the time they're crushed for good and we throw them away.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #278 on: May 04, 2022, 07:19:07 AM »

Posts like this make me wish you could hit the recommend button more than once.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2022, 04:50:02 PM »

Rougly all is counted in OHIO now.

Looking at the Governor Vote Totals

Republicans  1,070,000

Democrats barely above 500K

Record Republican Turnout EVERYWHERE!
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2022, 09:44:53 PM »

I think the more Trump-endorsed candidates win their primaries, the more confident Trump will feel in endorsing more risky candidates or getting involved in House primaries he otherwise would have left alone.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2022, 12:11:32 PM »

I don’t think it’s been emphasized enough that Vance beat Dolan by a full 9% and that it was not Dolan but Mandel who was comfortably in 2nd place. A lot of the Election Day analysis was wish-casting that was never grounded in reality even as it became apparent that Vance was cruising to an easy win
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2022, 01:15:37 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Can someone tell me what this means?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2022, 01:37:55 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Weirdo Twitter ET Con terminology. Pay it no mind
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2022, 02:55:49 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

It's far-right loony gibberish. But I appreciate it nonetheless...it provides a window into the way these people's minds work.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2022, 08:08:07 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

When you care more about electability or care about voting for a woman because they're a woman and are "hot" instead of their actual policy. Example, Those who likes Mace and Noem despite their horrendous policies, actions, and flaws, such as Noem vetoing an anti-trans bill or Mace basically trying to be a Republican Squad-girl but you still back them because they're electable.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2022, 08:57:50 AM »

Being beautiful is a sign of virtue. Appearance is the first thing I look for in a candidate.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »

Being beautiful is a sign of virtue. Appearance is the first thing I look for in a candidate.
Then I can take a guess which candidate you support in the Alabama Senate race...
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »

I think there’s a good balance somewhere in the middle here. Clearly there is no place for identity politics on the right, but there’s nothing wrong with hyping up GOP women who win their races fair and square. This creates a big tent image.

I disagree that moderate = good candidate but there’s absolutely value in having Miss Ohio representing the party. I also don’t see the theory that small majority with the right people is better than a big majority with a variety of people. This sounds like leftist speak, the best strategy is to win all the races.

Also electabro basement caucus is such a funny term
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2022, 05:20:40 PM »

I can't wait until May 17.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2022, 01:43:58 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2022, 01:52:21 PM by 2016 »

Big Warning Sign for Democrats in North Carolina:

# 1 There are now more Independent Registered Voters than Democrats or Republicans in the State.
# 2 Independent requesting a Republican Primary Ballot over a Democratic Ballot by a whopping 31 Percentage Points (65 % to 34 %)

# 3 Polls have shown Independents massivly disapproving of President Biden in the State and the two Major Republican Senate Candidates Ted Budd & Pat McCrory leading the de facto Democratic Nominee Cheri Beasley by a considerably margin.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2022, 01:50:35 PM »

Then I can take a guess which candidate you support in the Alabama Senate race...
That's right—Mo Brooks. (Jessica Taylor dropped out.)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2022, 02:55:41 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

When you care more about electability or care about voting for a woman because they're a woman and are "hot" instead of their actual policy. Example, Those who likes Mace and Noem despite their horrendous policies, actions, and flaws, such as Noem vetoing an anti-trans bill or Mace basically trying to be a Republican Squad-girl but you still back them because they're electable.

Ok. I'm guessing you watch a lot of Red Eagle's videos?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2022, 03:36:15 PM »

GOP Woman Power

GOP Woman Power

Ok. I'm guessing you watch a lot of Red Eagle's videos?

Mate, I watch Red Eagle, Vince Dao, David Carlson, Real American, etc. I don't share all their beliefs, but I do agree with 95% of the things they favor and most of the things they say as well.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2022, 03:45:48 PM »

# 1 There are now more Independent Registered Voters than Democrats or Republicans in the State.
# 2 Independent requesting a Republican Primary Ballot over a Democratic Ballot by a whopping 31 Percentage Points (65 % to 34 %)

# 3 Polls have shown Independents massivly disapproving of President Biden in the State and the two Major Republican Senate Candidates Ted Budd & Pat McCrory leading the de facto Democratic Nominee Cheri Beasley by a considerably margin.

.... because there is a contested republican primary going on compared to the Democratic side. This is the same thing as Ohio. It's apples to oranges and shouldn't be compared. Independents may be strategically picking the R side because there is more races to vote on, compared to the D side
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2022, 03:52:06 PM »

.... because there is a contested republican primary going on compared to the Democratic side. This is the same thing as Ohio. It's apples to oranges and shouldn't be compared. Independents may be strategically picking the R side because there is more races to vote on, compared to the D side

If I remember correctly, in the NC-SEN 2020 primary there were almost half a million more D votes than R votes. If primary turnout was a reliable indicator of general election turnout, Cal Cunningham would be a Senator, even with the affair revelation.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2022, 06:43:54 AM »

In regards to the WV results later today, the political establishment of my state closing ranks around McKinley hasn't helped him.. somehow he's made Mooney come across as a insurgent outsider.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2022, 06:49:05 AM »

In regards to the WV results later today, the political establishment of my state closing ranks around McKinley hasn't helped him.. somehow he's made Mooney come across as a insurgent outsider.

Question for you AD:

I don't know much about WV-01, but would Mollohan (D) have held the seat in 2010 if he hadn't faced ethical violations?
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2022, 07:02:59 AM »

Question for you AD:

I don't know much about WV-01, but would Mollohan (D) have held the seat in 2010 if he hadn't faced ethical violations?
Yes, and relatively comfortably.. McKinley only won by a point despite a particularly bruising democratic primary.

At that point, there was still significant D support downballot.. Rahall won by double digits in the third.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2022, 07:03:38 AM »

Question for you AD:

Given 2010 turned out to be a pretty massive Republican wave, I don't think so. Honestly, if Nick Rahall in WV-3 and Joe Manchin in the Senate Special election had received stronger challengers (for example, had Shelley Moore Capito decided to run in the Senate special election), both those seats would have flipped as well.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies