GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:39:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: GoFundMe seizes funds of Canadian trucker convoy  (Read 4066 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2022, 10:24:12 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60267840
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:38:37 PM »

This "peaceful protest" (occupation) causes a lot of problems for the citizens and businesses of Ottawa. I want GoFundMe to be fair about this, but they violated the terms and conditions and now they lost their revenue stream. As a critic of the occupation, this is great news.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:43:18 PM »

This is not going to stop the protestors, in fact, they shall grow even more due to this.

Not that I mind that. It's a good thing to see the truckers fighting back against this nanny state drivel.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 10:48:07 PM »

Not that I mind that. It's a good thing to see the truckers fighting back against this nanny state drivel.
Canadian citizens / voters show overall support for the govermment on this when polled. We aren't libertarians up here.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 10:49:13 PM »

Canadian citizens / voters show overall support for the govermment on this when polled. We aren't libertarians up here.

Canada has generally had more rigorous restrictions than the United States, if I'm not mistaken. And there has been less opposition to the restrictions than in the United States. The pandemic isn't as polarized along partisan lines.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 10:50:25 PM »

I didn't know that Canadians had opinions that were of any relevance to society.

kidding..... Smiley
compucomp

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 10:51:47 PM »

Good riddance to this rabble of neo-Nazis, Trumpist insurrectionists, and QAnon cultists.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 10:53:18 PM »

Good riddance to this rabble of neo-Nazis, Trumpist insurrectionists, and QAnon cultists.

How did Trumpists manage to cross the border into Canada? That country has been maintaining strict travel and immigration requirements throughout the pandemic.
compucomp

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 10:57:16 PM »

How did Trumpists manage to cross the border into Canada? That country has been maintaining strict travel and immigration requirements throughout the pandemic.

Three Percenters are represented at this protest. I don't know if the Trumpists moved over or if this militia has a Canadian unit.

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 10:57:16 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2022, 11:02:18 PM by Obama-Biden Democrat »

There were neo-Confederates waving Confederate flags as well. Northern rural areas being Southernized is real, but they are mostly American MAGAs.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 11:06:37 PM »

Compucomp's comment aside, there have been many reports and several photographs of many American vehicles in Ottawa.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 11:13:51 PM »

Americans aren't libertarians.  They're only libertarian when it comes to placing stricter rules/laws on themselves, when it comes to placing them on 'the others' they are some of the most authoritarian people around.  The U.S, for instance, has much stricter drug laws than Canada.

Americans are libertarian is one of these myths that Americans like to believe about themselves.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 12:46:20 AM »

This "peaceful protest" (occupation) causes a lot of problems for the citizens and businesses of Ottawa. I want GoFundMe to be fair about this, but they violated the terms and conditions and now they lost their revenue stream. As a critic of the occupation, this is great news.

If you supported Black lives Matter, you have no right to complain about this. Literally cities were burned and looted for months.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 01:03:23 AM »

Hopefully the truckers get what they want
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 01:04:00 AM »

Absolutely disgusting
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 01:15:17 AM »

Canada has generally had more rigorous restrictions than the United States, if I'm not mistaken. And there has been less opposition to the restrictions than in the United States. The pandemic isn't as polarized along partisan lines.
Canadians being more supportive of restrictions was fairly supported early on but there is a growing backlash to it and it has become a big culture war issue over here over where it wasn’t a year or two ago. I generally see this with a lot more with the people I interact with complaining about the lockdowns, mask mandates(now N95 in some cases), testing mandates and even now vaccine mandates in general. I would say the divide on Covid restrictions is almost just as strong as it is in the U.S at this point
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 01:32:22 AM »

If you supported Black lives Matter, you have no right to complain about this. Literally cities were burned and looted for months.
If you check my posting history, I was extremely pro-BLM peaceful protesting but very anti-rioting and anti-looting at the time.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 09:43:38 AM »

It's pretty clear and undeniable at this point that these platforms are in the pocket of the left. If you are against the political establishment, and for liberty, platforms and tech companies will deny your service and deplatform you to stop any threat to their power.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 09:44:33 AM »

Racist 'bama hick Serg strikes again.

I'm curious, what exactly was racist about what he said?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 09:45:39 AM »

It's pretty clear and undeniable at this point that these platforms are in the pocket of the left. If you are against the political establishment, and for liberty, platforms and tech companies will deny your service and deplatform you to stop any threat to their power.

Ah, that explains why day after day after day, the top Facebook shared and liked stories after from Ben Shapiro and other right-wing blowhards.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 09:49:04 AM »

Oh, stop the victimhood. Campaigns that violate terms of service are shut down all the time. The paranoid idea that everyone is out to get the right-wing is absurd.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 09:50:29 AM »

Being patriotic is not allowed anymore. If they shut down the fundraiser, they should be returning every cent back to the donors, not funneling it into left-wing charities.

We need to show the truckers even more support now.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2022, 10:11:20 AM »

Ah, that explains why day after day after day, the top Facebook shared and liked stories after from Ben Shapiro and other right-wing blowhards.

But does the right wing control Facebook? Is Mark Zuckerberg a conservative Republican?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2022, 10:19:46 AM »

Being patriotic is not allowed anymore. If they shut down the fundraiser, they should be returning every cent back to the donors, not funneling it into left-wing charities.

We need to show the truckers even more support now.

Donors will get a refund if they request it; if they don't, the money will go to charities.  (I do agree that the latter should be an opt-in rather than opt-out.)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 11:29:40 AM »

But does the right wing control Facebook? Is Mark Zuckerberg a conservative Republican?

Facebook shut down the trucker convoy page. It's always entertaining when Dems think conservative's popularity on Facebook means conservatives are treated equally and fairly. The reality right now is, big tech and the media treat conservatives and opposition to the current political establishment like they are a fringe, 20% or less of the country, group that needs to be controlled and suppressed for the "safety" of the population. Yet they are nearly half the country, and their popularity on these platforms in spite of conservatives disproportionately not using social media and being subject to disproportionate censorship should tell you just how "mainstream" people like Ben Shapiro and his opinions are in the general populace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies