1/6 1st Anniversary Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:57:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1/6 1st Anniversary Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Poll
Question: Should/will 1/6 become a national or federal holiday? (likely called Democracy Day?)
It should/it will

It should/it won't

It shouldn't/it will

It shouldn't/it won't

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: 1/6 1st Anniversary Megathread  (Read 8815 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 09:51:23 AM »

The fact that some of your are okay with a coup attempt and a deadly insurrection against our government, simply because it was led and perpetrated by your preferred political candidate, is deeply disturbing.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 09:58:13 AM »

sic semper proditoribus
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 10:00:42 AM »

The fact that some of your are okay with a coup attempt and a deadly insurrection against our government, simply because it was led and perpetrated by your preferred political candidate, is deeply disturbing.
^This^
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 10:01:12 AM »

The trivialization of 1/6 by both people on this forum as well as the media and the general American public is something that is truly frightening. 1 year ago today, our democracy was attacked, a year later, we are still not responding to the fact that American democracy is endangered.

Nearly half of American voters, and about as many Atlas posters, were either complicit or at least willing to go along with it if their side pulled it off.

stop
The truth hurts, huh?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 10:04:48 AM »

Happy Patriot Day, everyone! Proud to be a Republican!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 10:07:09 AM »

The trivialization of 1/6 by both people on this forum as well as the media and the general American public is something that is truly frightening. 1 year ago today, our democracy was attacked, a year later, we are still not responding to the fact that American democracy is endangered.

Nearly half of American voters, and about as many Atlas posters, were either complicit or at least willing to go along with it if their side pulled it off.

stop
I mean he’s right 🤷‍♂️

Half the Nation isnt complict or pro insurrection. That is hyperbole
At least a quarter, if not a third then, that's still insane

Given the GOP,s slavish continuing devotion to Trump, it's certainly closer to half.

And beep boop is EXACTLY the type of Republican who, even though he didn't vote for Trump, if the insurrection  Had somehow succeeded and and resulted in implementation of conservative economic policies, policies against critical race theory, et cetera et cetera, he would have ultimately found some way to justify it later on.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 10:09:49 AM »

^This^
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 10:24:44 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2022, 10:27:45 AM by Farmlands »

You know, I disgree with the Democrats on quite a few issues, but at least they aren't actively pretending that an attack on legistators, the VP's person and a democratic election result is no big deal. Even most moderates, like Young Kim or Fitzpatrick, stayed silent.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 10:26:26 AM »

She broke the law and didn't comply with a police officer so she is responsible for what happened her. She had an issue with violence anyway because she harassed and chased her husband's ex.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 10:28:06 AM »

^This^
Or maybe it's because the election was stolen.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »

^This^
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »

^This^

I know you don’t think that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 10:37:21 AM »

Do you stand by your claim that you think anyone who still supports trump should be in prison cause that’s worse than anything said by anyone else  in this thread .
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 10:38:06 AM »

She broke the law and didn't comply with a police officer so she is responsible for what happened her.

Like George Floyd.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 10:40:31 AM »

stop
I mean he’s right 🤷‍♂️

Half the Nation isnt complict or pro insurrection. That is hyperbole
At least a quarter, if not a third then, that's still insane

Given the GOP,s slavish continuing devotion to Trump, it's certainly closer to half.

And beep boop is EXACTLY the type of Republican who, even though he didn't vote for Trump, if the insurrection  Had somehow succeeded and and resulted in implementation of conservative economic policies, policies against critical race theory, et cetera et cetera, he would have ultimately found some way to justify it later on.

If you wonder why we blue avatars are sticking together more it’s precisely so we don’t constantly get smeared like this and then when we try to defend ourselves , have 5 or more hacks pile on with the smears 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2022, 10:41:40 AM »

I am astonished by how partisan of an issue 1/6 has become. Democrats believe that it was a disgrace and a grievous assault on our democracy, while Republicans believe that it wasn't "anything significant" and that the riots which took place during 2020 were a more serious threat. But among the American public as a whole, it's clear that the vast majority of people have either forgotten about 1/6 or could care less about it. This event certainly did not unify the country or inspire national patriotism like 9/11 did.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2022, 10:42:22 AM »

She broke the law and didn't comply with a police officer so she is responsible for what happened her.

Like George Floyd.
That is really ridiculous and low even for you
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2022, 10:42:42 AM »

It was really nice that the 2nd amendment people carried out a steditious insturrectionists tree sun coo without guns. I guess poop on the walls isnt quite as effective as they thought.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2022, 10:46:55 AM »

One year anniversary of the attack on the Capitol by terrorist supporters of former President Trump. Let’s not forget how fragile our democracy, civil liberties, and human rights can be — and how each generation needs to work to make sure they not only survive but also  hopefully grow ever closer to the ideal. Our country is possibly even more fragile now than a year ago, with even more buying Trump’s election lies, including more people in power for when the next election certification comes. We need to overcome the ignorance and lies with better education — better teaching civics, general knowledge of science and history and the world, and inspiring compassion and a desire for understanding for all.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2022, 10:49:21 AM »

Do you stand by your claim that you think anyone who still supports trump should be in prison cause that’s worse than anything said by anyone else  in this thread .

Actually, what I’ve said was that anyone who still supports Trump, despite having fully understood what he did post-election and what occurred on January 6, is a traitor.

If someone understands what Trump tried to do and what his supporters tried to do, but that person still supports Trump anyway…then that person is a traitor. As is Donald Trump.  You support a traitor, you are a traitor.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:54 AM »

I am astonished by how partisan of an issue 1/6 has become. Democrats believe that it was a disgrace and a grievous assault on our democracy, while Republicans believe that it wasn't "anything significant" and that the riots which took place during 2020 were a more serious threat. But among the American public as a whole, it's clear that the vast majority of people have either forgotten about 1/6 or could care less about it. This event certainly did not unify the country or inspire national patriotism like 9/11 did.
Well that’s mainly because most of them are racist/partisan hacks tbf 🤷‍♂️. (Also I’m not directing that at you as I know you are not advocating that position but stating your observation)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2022, 10:51:40 AM »

I was and still remain deeply disturbed 1/6 but it is absolutely hypocritical for people who defended what happened over the summer and those who probably would have defended the 2011 Wisconsin capitol occupation to use 1/6 to attack everyone from the other side .
Yes I consider 1/6 to be worse but 1/6 being worse doesn’t justify being an apologist for violence when it was your side committing it for months on end .

The fact is the proper position imo to have is anyone who took part in the capitol riot or the summer riot should be arrested and leaders who were complicit in them happening should have been impeached for them .

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »

Like George Floyd.

His murderer is in prison for the rest of his life. The cop who had to shoot Ashli Babbitt to keep her out of the Capitol wasn't charged. There clearly was a big difference.

And to DavidB. who recommended Mr. Reactionary's garbage you are no better than he is.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2022, 10:53:51 AM »

Well that’s mainly because most of them are racist partisan hacks tbf 🤷‍♂️. (Also I’m not directing that at you as I know you are not advocating that position but stating your observation)

I'm not going to say that about Republicans as a whole, although I know from my personal work experience that there are many awful and loathsome human beings in this country, and I tend to believe that this is true regardless of partisan affiliation. But yes, Republicans have excused or covered for 1/6 and want us to forget about it and move on. That is why they are opposed to the 1/6 Selective Committee, and why they blocked the formation of a bipartisan Joint Committee to investigate it (similar to the Commission that investigated 9/11).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2022, 10:56:02 AM »

I was and still remain deeply disturbed 1/6 but it is absolutely hypocritical for people who defended what happened over the summer and those who probably would have defended the 2011 Wisconsin capitol occupation to use 1/6 to attack everyone from the other side .
Yes I consider 1/6 to be worse but 1/6 being worse doesn’t justify being an apologist for violence when it was your side committing it for months on end .

The fact is the proper position imo to have is anyone who took part in the capitol riot or the summer riot should be arrested and leaders who were complicit in them happening should have been impeached for them .
I condemn all violence without question, but an organized riot to overthrow the government is much, much worse than  disorganized rioting for rioting's sake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies