John Dibble vs. jmfcst
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:52:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  John Dibble vs. jmfcst
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: John Dibble vs. jmfcst
John Dibble

jmfcst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: John Dibble vs. jmfcst  (Read 6836 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:09:01 PM »

Obviously I disagree with Dibble on much.

However there is no question I'd vote for him in this scenario.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:35:52 PM »

dibble plzkthx
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »

Both a good guys, but Dibble is closer to me ideologically.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

jmfcst is closer to my views
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:44:48 PM »

Dibble. I disagree with him on economics, but at least I can understand his rationale for things, and I think he'd make good decisions.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:05:58 AM »

Forced to choose between reason without faith and faith without reason, I'll pick the former as at least the conversations are more productive.  I prefer faith with reason, but that's not what's on this ballot.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »

a moderate v. someone who eats the bible for breakfast and sh**ts out passages on the forum...

Dibble
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

John Dibble
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »

Dibble by a mile.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »

You think a vicious, hatefilled, homophobic/closeted, intolerant theocrat is a 'good guy'?  What are you, a religious?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »

I would give up my wages for a year if it would stop help Dibble win, not because he's 'not jmfcst' but because I do share amny of his views and ideologically we are close.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 07:09:17 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2006, 07:53:33 PM by adam »

You think a vicious, hatefilled, homophobic/closeted, intolerant theocrat is a 'good guy'?  What are you, a religious?

I have never seen jmfcst go on a personal attack, and usually debates his points in a constructed and considerate manner...unlike some people around. That makes him a good guy in my book, despite the fact that I disagree with him on a lot of social issues (especially sex related ones). And to answer your question, no I am not religious...I am an atheist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 07:36:46 PM »

I have never seen jmfcst go on a personal attack

I have, frequently.  Although in fairness, many of those occasions were ones where he was provoked.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 09:18:57 PM »

I was the second vote for jmf
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »

As much as I respect Dibble and his intelligence, my admiration of jmfcst because of his perserverence in the face of what can often be a very anti-religion forum gives my vote to him.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »

As much as I respect Dibble and his intelligence, my admiration of jmfcst because of his perserverence in the face of what can often be a very anti-religion forum gives my vote to him.

As far as I know, at least a majority of the members of this forum are religious... I'm not sure how a forum could be "anti-religion" when only a minority are not religious.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 09:49:05 AM »

As far as I know, at least a majority of the members of this forum are religious... I'm not sure how a forum could be "anti-religion" when only a minority are not religious.

Quite
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 11:25:38 AM »

I have never seen jmfcst go on a personal attack, and usually debates his points in a constructed and considerate manner...unlike some people around. That makes him a good guy in my book, despite the fact that I disagree with him on a lot of social issues (especially sex related ones). And to answer your question, no I am not religious...I am an atheist.

He constantly engages in personal attacks, particularly against homosexuals.  Of course the nature of his religion is a constant attack upon anyone different from him.

That's disgusting!  I know Dibble is a poor choice, but he's better than the fascist/theocrat.  Are you a religious, Tweed?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »

Dibble. jmfcst is a man of God, but I wouldn't vote for him for political office.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »

That's disgusting!  I know Dibble is a poor choice, but he's better than the fascist/theocrat.  Are you a religious, Tweed?

I'm hardly a religious, opebo.  But the sledgehammer jmf would take to the poors carries far less weight than Dibble's prospective weapon of choice.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »

He constantly engages in personal attacks, particularly against homosexuals.  Of course the nature of his religion is a constant attack upon anyone different from him.

I've never seen this. Can you show me an example?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »

I don't care what a majority of members may happen to call themselves, I'm talking about the general climate of the forum.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 02:15:29 AM »

I'm hardly a religious, opebo.  But the sledgehammer jmf would take to the poors carries far less weight than Dibble's prospective weapon of choice.

Nah, the poors are already experiencing the worst.  Nothing libertarians could do would make their situation any less awful, as at their level it is already pure capitalism (slavery).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 02:56:21 AM »

Nah, the poors are already experiencing the worst.  Nothing libertarians could do would make their situation any less awful, as at their level it is already pure capitalism (slavery).

I'm just curious, but why do you so rarely present objective stances in political debates?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 01:13:22 AM »

I'm just curious, but why do you so rarely present objective stances in political debates?

I didn't make any value judgement there, I was just making the political observation that workers (poors) have no power now, so libertarianism wouldn't be much of a change for them.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies