Should Texas secede?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:10:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Texas secede?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should Texas secede?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Should Texas secede?  (Read 1141 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2021, 06:36:43 PM »

I probably think so.

However, what will happen?

What will happen?

Where will progressive Texans go?

Would the old establishment support it?

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 06:39:55 PM »

The answer was given to them in 1865.

NO
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:44:22 PM »

No. They make the Union better.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 06:44:43 PM »

Absolutely not.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 06:54:54 PM »

no that would be such a hassle omg nobody in their right mind would want to deal with that
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »

Give it back to Mexico.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 07:19:11 PM »

What are you ever talking about?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 07:33:38 PM »

I absolutely, unironically, support both Texas and Florida secession.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 08:07:37 PM »

In college I knew a guy from Texas who frequently and obnoxiously proclaimed that Texas retained the right of secession from the Union (this is incorrect, which can be easily verified with a little research).  Some friends and I told him we were forming a group called the Americans for Texan Secession, which would support Texas seceding provided that the state took him with it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 08:11:20 PM »

To answer the question: No.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »

Tbf this is a bronz threaf, but anyway:

#hottake:

I think we should have let the CSA go. ExtremeRepublican gets his handmaids tale theocracy (without the free maternity health care, obviously) and we get rid of MS and AL at least. Preferably NoVA stays in the US but the CSA takes WV and KY.

In this scenario, CSA can be a conservative utopia in action and I don't have to deal with the south and northern/western states get to keep their tax dollars since they don't have to under-write the budgets of the broke states full of people who live in trailers with Confederate flag screens ranting against the 'librul coastle eleet' and the 'moocher welfare queens' who also pay for their government-provided entitlements and welfare.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 10:21:53 PM »

#hottake:

I think we should have let the CSA go. ExtremeRepublican gets his handmaids tale theocracy (without the free maternity health care, obviously) and we get rid of MS and AL at least. Preferably NoVA stays in the US but the CSA takes WV and KY.

In this scenario, CSA can be a conservative utopia in action and I don't have to deal with the south and northern/western states get to keep their tax dollars since they don't have to under-write the budgets of the broke states full of people who live in trailers with Confederate flag screens ranting against the 'librul coastle eleet' and the 'moocher welfare queens' who also pay for their government-provided entitlements and welfare.

Removing those states would undeniably help the Union, but we shouldn't do it. Texas, though, yes. They think they look really cool when they're always ranting about secession, but I'd love for them to try it and for us to get rid of them. The only things 'big' in Texas are ego, idiocy and the number of guns. They have a history of undecisiveness - first they left Spain for Mexico, then Mexico for America, then America for the Confederacy, then they came crawling back to the US four years later. They should remember that, and the fact that if the US wants to, it can easily crush TX if it were to secede from the Union. Logically, no, because TX adds a lot of people and capital and money and economy and whatnot to the country, but at some point, after the millionth time of hearing Texans harp about secession, I'm sure the rest of the country will snap and ask TX to leave.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2021, 10:23:51 PM »

No, but Florida should.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 11:06:20 PM »

#hottake:

i wish
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »

#hottake:

Yeah screw the slaves amirite
If they didn't want it so bad they should've tried not being born in the South lol 🙄🙄🙄🙄

/s
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »

I have always considered Texas a foreign nation.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 07:32:03 PM »

#hottake:

Yeah screw the slaves amirite
If they didn't want it so bad they should've tried not being born in the South lol 🙄🙄🙄🙄

/s

Ideally the poor will overthrow the plantation economy and implement #CommunistConfederacy.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 07:52:01 PM »

Yes, as long as they take the rest of the terrible states with them.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2021, 07:56:02 PM »

Cruz TX will sede if DC Statehood is allowed that's why we must get Beto installed as GOV once we get a blue wave going

TX GOV is a better flip than FL since Abbott was losing to McCounenhey

I believe in waves this is the same Biden that helped Obama win 376 EC VOTES in 2008/12 it's not even time to vote yet there is not any blue or red wave unless all the votes are casted
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2021, 10:31:45 PM »

Yes, as long as they take the rest of the terrible states with them.

I don't think New Jersey wants to secede.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2021, 11:13:06 PM »

The answer to "should __STATE__ secede?" is always no, regardless of the circumstances or which state is being discussed. America is strongest as an unbreakable union, and our indissoluble nature is well established by now regardless. Even if something truly unthinkable happened, like a national fascist or communist takeover, and some state(s) seceded, they ought to represent themselves as the rump United States, not some independent state of __STATE__ or somesuch.

We've already seen what can happen when states get the idea that they can use threats of secession as a political cudgel when the nation as a whole does things they don't like. It's not good.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2021, 02:10:30 AM »

The answer to "should __STATE__ secede?" is always no, regardless of the circumstances or which state is being discussed. America is strongest as an unbreakable union, and our indissoluble nature is well established by now regardless. Even if something truly unthinkable happened, like a national fascist or communist takeover, and some state(s) seceded, they ought to represent themselves as the rump United States, not some independent state of __STATE__ or somesuch.

We've already seen what can happen when states get the idea that they can use threats of secession as a political cudgel when the nation as a whole does things they don't like. It's not good.

Hear hear!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2021, 07:43:53 AM »

Texas shouldn’t be a state. People who live in Austin, Houston, Dallas and to a lesser extent, El Paso, Fort Worth, and San Antonio would agree.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2021, 12:18:42 PM »

Wouldn't the Texas business community be concerned about this?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies