Opinion of Fhtagn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:41:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fhtagn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fhtagn
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 162

Author Topic: Opinion of Fhtagn  (Read 5407 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2021, 01:25:41 AM »

She clearly enjoys getting a rise out of people but it seems to be in good humor. Certainly never comes close to the pure acrimoniousness of certain red avatars. For all of that, no obvious psychological problems, FF.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2021, 06:25:16 AM »

Who?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2021, 03:28:30 PM »

Her posting tonight has been jmfcst/Snowguy-tier "I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO BAN ME ALREADY!" material. That's all I'll say for now.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2021, 03:33:42 PM »

I wish she posted more. I always find myself liking her posts, but I don't see her around much. Didn't even know she was a woman before reading this thread.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2021, 03:37:19 PM »

Based. Notice how almost all the A-tier posters in this forum are from Virginia.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »

Based. Notice how almost all the A-tier posters in this forum are from Virginia.

Well technically she's from Alaska, but the point does still stand.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2021, 05:50:53 PM »

I tend to give fascists HP ratings on principle.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2021, 07:15:29 AM by Badger »

In case anyone wants to change their vote, I'll just note that today she said "Benito Mussolini is in heaven."

While my vote in this poll is obviously predictable, in fairness this post was clearly just irony/trolling/not to be taken seriously.

regardless of horrible political views, I can't still can't throw too many stones about being abrasive. And there's nothing completely awful about someone who loves animals like she does..

That said, yeah, someone who goes on a multi-year bullying spree by trying to spread what she admits to be false rumors of another poster supposedly having a substance abuse problem really kinda solidifies HP status for me. Call me Mr. Sensitive I guess.

I won't lie it's kind of disappointing that so many posters seem to take the opinion of "well, that is truly awful in theory, but it didn't happen to me, and in fact it happened to another poster who kind of annoys me, so FF for sure!", but whatevs. (Shrug)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2021, 07:09:45 AM »

Welcome to Atlas.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2021, 09:35:23 AM »

One of the most unpleasant people on this site. Hopefully she keeps acting deranged enough to get herself banned - it's honestly more tolerable than her usual stance of pseudointellectual ironic detachment.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2021, 01:42:03 PM »

If what I have heard about her spreading of rumors about Badger is true, HP.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 05:19:29 PM »

Neutral.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »

In case anyone wants to change their vote, I'll just note that today she said "Benito Mussolini is in heaven."

While my vote in this poll is obviously predictable, in fairness this post was clearly just irony/trolling/not to be taken seriously.

regardless of horrible political views, I can't still can't throw too many stones about being abrasive. And there's nothing completely awful about someone who loves animals like she does..

That said, yeah, someone who goes on a multi-year bullying spree by trying to spread what she admits to be false rumors of another poster supposedly having a substance abuse problem really kinda solidifies HP status for me. Call me Mr. Sensitive I guess.

I won't lie it's kind of disappointing that so many posters seem to take the opinion of "well, that is truly awful in theory, but it didn't happen to me, and in fact it happened to another poster who kind of annoys me, so FF for sure!", but whatevs. (Shrug)

Due to an unjust muting, fhtagn can't speak for herself right about now, so . . .
Definite mod bias given how insulting Badger has been for so long

Wah, the mods are mean to us after we spent an entire night celebrating two people being killed and I changed my username and avatar! Snowflake.

You're defending someone who publicly wished the muted poster would commit suicide, just saying.

How would you, the reader, react if someone said that about you online here?  How would you react if the mods provided no effective sanction to the person posting that, while sanctioning you with a mute for your reaction to it?  What better way to say YLDM - Your Life Doesn't Matter?

This chapter in Forum History ought to bring people to some realization that ALM - ALL Lives Matter.  Once that is honestly recognized, decency will take a step forward.  Not until then.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2021, 08:53:28 PM »

Only a Virginian would say that! This site is renowned for its bad VA posters.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2021, 10:19:56 PM »

How would you, the reader, react if someone said that about you online here?  How would you react if the mods provided no effective sanction to the person posting that, while sanctioning you with a mute for your reaction to it?  What better way to say YLDM - Your Life Doesn't Matter?

This chapter in Forum History ought to bring people to some realization that ALM - ALL Lives Matter.  Once that is honestly recognized, decency will take a step forward.  Not until then.

All Lives Matter is an attempt to take the BLM movement and strip it of what it's about, to improve the conditions of black people in American society. Yes, every life does indeed matter. Nobody's debating that. "Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean "Non-Black Lives Don't Matter." But that's not why BLM exists. People say Black Lives Matter to paint a spotlight on the injustice that African-Americans specifically experience in society.

Imagine a hurricane hit Florida. A nasty one, I'm talking the likes of Harvey, Sandy, or Katrina. Your power goes out for weeks, the streets are flooded, and many people that you know are killed. You, along with other people, start talking about Florida needing help. But then, a group of Minnesotans start a chant about how ALL States Matter. How would you feel? Would you enjoy the suffering that your community has endured to be reduced and muffled through a bunch of whiners who want other people's problems to be about them?

If you wish to support the struggles that African-Americans face, then I'll gladly support you. But you need to understand the point of the movement, and the fact that it isn't about you. Either get with it, or get out of the f**king way.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2021, 11:19:28 PM »

How would you, the reader, react if someone said that about you online here?  How would you react if the mods provided no effective sanction to the person posting that, while sanctioning you with a mute for your reaction to it?  What better way to say YLDM - Your Life Doesn't Matter?

This chapter in Forum History ought to bring people to some realization that ALM - ALL Lives Matter.  Once that is honestly recognized, decency will take a step forward.  Not until then.

All Lives Matter is an attempt to take the BLM movement and strip it of what it's about, to improve the conditions of black people in American society. Yes, every life does indeed matter. Nobody's debating that. "Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean "Non-Black Lives Don't Matter." But that's not why BLM exists. People say Black Lives Matter to paint a spotlight on the injustice that African-Americans specifically experience in society.

Imagine a hurricane hit Florida. A nasty one, I'm talking the likes of Harvey, Sandy, or Katrina. Your power goes out for weeks, the streets are flooded, and many people that you know are killed. You, along with other people, start talking about Florida needing help. But then, a group of Minnesotans start a chant about how ALL States Matter. How would you feel? Would you enjoy the suffering that your community has endured to be reduced and muffled through a bunch of whiners who want other people's problems to be about them?

If you wish to support the struggles that African-Americans face, then I'll gladly support you. But you need to understand the point of the movement, and the fact that it isn't about you. Either get with it, or get out of the f**king way.

I won't get with it.  And I certainly won't get out of the way.  

None of this means that I'm opposed to the entire BLM agenda.  I certainly believe in a number of important criminal justice reforms, in particular the Death Penalty, sentencing reforms, and a dialing back of overcriminalization (which has criminalized civil matters, upgraded misdemeanors to felonies, and increased the number of criminal offenses and penalties for all sorts of things).  I certainly oppose the Death Penalty.  I certainly oppose the level at which we charge juveniles as adults and the racial disparities in that practice.  I certainly support the restoration of felons' voting rights when they have completed their sentences.  And I certainly support dialing back the permanency of criminal records for persons that have lived arrest-free for a point of time.  I believe that the interest of society in not having a large group of people who have become law abiding citizens be shut out of all sorts of economic opportunity due to Criminal Records.  

But when an organization burns down cities in the name of Black Lives Matter, it's time to reassess focus.  The owners of the businesses in 40 American cities that were vandalized by BLM have lives that matter.  The diners in Pinellas County, FL who were harassed by hostile BLM members as they dined outdoors have lives that matter.  The victims of inner city gang violence have lives that matter.  The poor, white folks whose communities in rural America that are awash in Opiate Addiction and who are living in poverty comparable to urban poverty have lives that matter.  (When people refer to THOSE folks as White Trash and it goes unchallenged, it's a testimony as to how much those lives matter to others.)

As for your Hurricane Analogy:  All States DO matter.  I acknowledge that some states, at any given time, are in more immediate need than others, and those needs need to be be addressed when they happen.  That's fine and good.  We are ONE Nation of 50 states, DC, PR, and other territories.  It's not a valid analogy.  My view on Florida needing assistance during Hurricanes did not cause me to wish to deny vital aid to New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy.  The hyperfocus on one state is not meant to be permanent; it's meant to occur until the crisis is stabilized.  The rest of the Nation goes on, and they matter as well.

We're where we're at right now because we forgot that ALL Lives Matter.  People want "unity"?  That's great, but "unity" means I'm an equal.  It means that my life matters, not more than yours, but certainly not less than yours.  And this is a political forum.  My life ought not matter less to my elected leaders than anyone else's life.  Honestly, do you think my life matters equally to Ayanna Pressley or Cori Bush?  (Or Maxine Waters?)  If you want to say that POOR people have pressing needs that need immediate attention, that's one thing.  But that's not what's being said.  So, yes, ALL Lives Matter.  I'm not coming off this, period.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2021, 12:31:41 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2021, 12:40:07 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I won't get with it.  And I certainly won't get out of the way.  

None of this means that I'm opposed to the entire BLM agenda.  I certainly believe in a number of important criminal justice reforms, in particular the Death Penalty, sentencing reforms, and a dialing back of overcriminalization (which has criminalized civil matters, upgraded misdemeanors to felonies, and increased the number of criminal offenses and penalties for all sorts of things).  I certainly oppose the Death Penalty.  I certainly oppose the level at which we charge juveniles as adults and the racial disparities in that practice.  I certainly support the restoration of felons' voting rights when they have completed their sentences.  And I certainly support dialing back the permanency of criminal records for persons that have lived arrest-free for a point of time.  I believe that the interest of society in not having a large group of people who have become law abiding citizens be shut out of all sorts of economic opportunity due to Criminal Records.  

But when an organization burns down cities in the name of Black Lives Matter, it's time to reassess focus.  The owners of the businesses in 40 American cities that were vandalized by BLM have lives that matter.  The diners in Pinellas County, FL who were harassed by hostile BLM members as they dined outdoors have lives that matter.  The victims of inner city gang violence have lives that matter.  The poor, white folks whose communities in rural America that are awash in Opiate Addiction and who are living in poverty comparable to urban poverty have lives that matter.  (When people refer to THOSE folks as White Trash and it goes unchallenged, it's a testimony as to how much those lives matter to others.)

As for your Hurricane Analogy:  All States DO matter.  I acknowledge that some states, at any given time, are in more immediate need than others, and those needs need to be be addressed when they happen.  That's fine and good.  We are ONE Nation of 50 states, DC, PR, and other territories.  It's not a valid analogy.  My view on Florida needing assistance during Hurricanes did not cause me to wish to deny vital aid to New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy.  The hyperfocus on one state is not meant to be permanent; it's meant to occur until the crisis is stabilized.  The rest of the Nation goes on, and they matter as well.

We're where we're at right now because we forgot that ALL Lives Matter.  People want "unity"?  That's great, but "unity" means I'm an equal.  It means that my life matters, not more than yours, but certainly not less than yours.  And this is a political forum.  My life ought not matter less to my elected leaders than anyone else's life.  Honestly, do you think my life matters equally to Ayanna Pressley or Cori Bush?  (Or Maxine Waters?)  If you want to say that POOR people have pressing needs that need immediate attention, that's one thing.  But that's not what's being said.  So, yes, ALL Lives Matter.  I'm not coming off this, period.

Its also a testament to why and how the Democrats are now in the position that they are with the inability to get anything done. Rather than working assertively to build and maintain a working class coalition that spans all groups for the sake of achieving progressive action on a number of economic points, they have become dominated by any number of identitarian pressure groups, who want everything, will concede nothing and have turned everything into a dichotomy of "you are either for us 100% or against us, or you are some kind of trash".

When every single piece of the coalition operates in such manner, you can be little surprised that you squeak in on sheer terror at the other side and then have no discernible governing mandate and limited ability to push through the many promises made during the campaign.

At no time in history was progressive action ever achieved by purists. FDR's New Deal coalition had a lot of racists, even if you exclude the ultra conservative faction of the Southern wing. Truman likewise even with Thurmond siphoning off he militant segregationists.

You could go back further and example how Lincolns coalition was composed of varying people who opposed slavery for different reasons:
1. People of all backgrounds horrified by the practice
2. Devote religious types who viewed slavery contrary to the will of God
3. Likewise, but who also wanted to engage in cultural imperialism and viewed slavery as hindering that "mission to Civilize"
4. Racists who wanted to abolish slavery to keep blacks from spreading in their state or territory
5. Workers alarmed at the prospect of slavery spreading north and displacing their jobs, especially post 1857.

You select the priorities, you create the broadest coalition for their priorities and then you give breathing room for "same position, different motivations" types. Identity politics doesn't allow for this though.

Before anyone interjects on the matter, yes the Republicans have many of the same problems, with each piece of the coalition wanting everything, seeing itself as the whole and actively screwing the other parts of the coalition. Neocons screwed over the libertarians in the 2000s for an example.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2021, 01:09:04 AM »

Tbh North Carolina Yankee you seem blaming “ identitarian pressure groups” for the simply fact that society has changed. The circumstances that allowed the New Deal coalition to be built don’t exist anymore. The fact of the matter is in the year 2021 democrats leadership can’t just cover their eyes and ears when another video is posted of a cop shooting another unarmed black man or another academic study shows that our for profit judicial system is built on discrimination against POC like they did in the past. Nor can they just shove trans people back into the closet. The fact of the matter a lot of the “woke” drama we deal with today is because this is the first true time that alot of once disenfranchised groups have a ability to speak out like they couldn’t in the past and there is no way around that
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2021, 04:27:47 AM »

Tbh North Carolina Yankee you seem blaming “ identitarian pressure groups” for the simply fact that society has changed. The circumstances that allowed the New Deal coalition to be built don’t exist anymore. The fact of the matter is in the year 2021 democrats leadership can’t just cover their eyes and ears when another video is posted of a cop shooting another unarmed black man or another academic study shows that our for profit judicial system is built on discrimination against POC like they did in the past. Nor can they just shove trans people back into the closet. The fact of the matter a lot of the “woke” drama we deal with today is because this is the first true time that alot of once disenfranchised groups have a ability to speak out like they couldn’t in the past and there is no way around that

You missed the point. The point is not about transporting a 30s coalition to now. It is about understanding the similar dynamics.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2021, 07:11:16 AM »

One of the most unpleasant people on this site. Hopefully she keeps acting deranged enough to get herself banned - it's honestly more tolerable than her usual stance of pseudointellectual ironic detachment.

Should I have actively wished for you to have been unable to remain in the United States in order for you to complete your Doctorate?

I don't wish the kind of harm or bad things you wish for her on anyone.  A poster was sanctioned for telling you to "Enjoy France!".  What sort of sanction should come to you for wishing that fhtagn acts more deranged?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2021, 07:30:18 AM »

That a group is speaking out now that hasn't spoken out in the past does not mean that their point is valid or that their demands are reasonable.  Their points need to be examined and their demands need to be evaluated for what they are.

As for covering their eyes, are the rest of us to cover our eyes to a black man (let's call him, say, Jacob Blake) with a legitimate warrant for a sex offense who WAS armed actively resist a lawful arrest on a warrant?  Should we "empower" felony fugitives with the right to resist arrest and the right to a fair fight when police attempt to lawfully capture them?  What is the impact on Public Safety if Law Enforcement allows persons to actively resist arrest?  Does that justify burning down large chunks of Kenosha, WI?  Should we empower them to, say, avoid a lawful arrest by permitting them to take an Officer's taser and fire it at them like, say, Rayshard Brooks?  If we don't allow them to do so, then tell me if there will be enough Wendy's Restaurants to burn down in order to satisfy the angry desires of Mobs?  If police knock on my door and I shoot first, will I be excused as, say, Breonna Taylor's live-in boyrfriend was, or will I be charged with my significant other's death for providing the spark for the carnage?

It's fine and good that everyone has the right to speak.  None of that should mean that the arguments made by those who one would argue have been "previously silent" or "previously silenced" automatically have merit.

All Lives Matter.  Equally.

And fhtagn's life matters as well.  As much as the life of any other poster.  And the posting of others ought to, at a minimum, reflect that equality, for her and for every other poster.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2021, 08:42:25 AM »

Amen.  These poll numbers are quite surprising.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2021, 09:06:49 AM »

You missed the point. The point is not about transporting a 30s coalition to now. It is about understanding the similar dynamics.
But that is what I’m saying. The dynamics just aren’t there anymore because of the way society has changed
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »

Should I have actively wished for you to have been unable to remain in the United States in order for you to complete your Doctorate?

I don't wish the kind of harm or bad things you wish for her on anyone.  A poster was sanctioned for telling you to "Enjoy France!".  What sort of sanction should come to you for wishing that fhtagn acts more deranged?

Yeah, because getting banned from an internet forum is totally comparable to being kicked out of a country and having the degree I worked 5 years toward be thrown out. Totally.

I don't wish Fhtagn any real-life harm, obviously. I'd just rather not have to deal with her.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:34 AM »

Only a Virginian would say that! This site is renowned for its bad VA posters.

Non Swing Voter and SirWoodbury are fantastic posters from Virginia and they are of different parties.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies