Opinion of RFK Jr. ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of RFK Jr. ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of RFK Jr. ?  (Read 550 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »

What is your opinion of this Kennedy?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 01:54:45 PM »

HP. Just like his father and uncles.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 03:05:27 PM »

He's an anti-vax lunatic, obvious HP
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »

Flies around in his private jet drinking latte's and bitching about the environment. MASSIVE HP.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 04:47:13 PM »

No words for how idiotic this post this. It’s Woodbury/Kanyesque.

The Kennedy’s have done more for this country the perhaps any other family not named the Roosevelt’s. In many cases they’ve given there lives for this country when they could’ve just sat back and enjoyed there riches.

With that being said: While I’m of course more sympathetic than anyone on these boards to the trauma and heartache he has had to endure - I have to say RFK Jr is an idiot. He should be disbarred from the family. His brand of lunatic conspiracy fringe doesn’t belong anywhere near this great family and the tradition that proceeds it.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »

He's a jerk, but there are worse.  I make allowances for people who watched their father's murder on National TV.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »

The Kennedy’s have done more for this country the perhaps any other family not named the Roosevelt’s. In many cases they’ve given there lives for this country when they could’ve just sat back and enjoyed there riches.

With that being said: While I’m of course more sympathetic than anyone on these boards to the trauma and heartache he has had to endure - I have to say RFK Jr is an idiot. He should be disbarred from the family. His brand of lunatic conspiracy fringe doesn’t belong anywhere near this great family and the tradition that proceeds it.
JFK gave birth to neoliberalism in the united states, an ideology that has done unspeakable damage to this country. RFK was a pure nepotistic pick for AG, and also believed in neoliberal ideology.

Ted Kennedy was a legitimate legitimate on economics by comparison, but he became emblematic of the decline of US institutions. Nobody should remain in office for a generation, let alone multiple.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 05:18:00 PM »

Mega HP, mainly for being a major player in the anti-vaxx movement.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 07:08:38 PM »

JFK gave birth to neoliberalism in the united states, an ideology that has done unspeakable damage to this country. RFK was a pure nepotistic pick for AG, and also believed in neoliberal ideology.

Ted Kennedy was a legitimate legitimate on economics by comparison, but he became emblematic of the decline of US institutions. Nobody should remain in office for a generation, let alone multiple.

How is the New Frontier neoliberalism
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 12:37:52 AM »

I don't really associate JFK or RFK with neoliberalism. The overuse and misuse of that word is one of my least favorite phenomena of today's political discourse
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 12:43:29 AM »

I don't really associate JFK or RFK with neoliberalism. The overuse and misuse of that word is one of my least favorite phenomena of today's political discourse

Honestly, I don't even know what it means anymore. I feel like "neoliberal" has become the generic go-to boogeyman for both Trumpists and the Bernie/AOC crowd.

As for the original question, he is definitely an HP.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 01:21:28 AM »

An idiot and a moronic conspiracy theorist (that includes being an anti-vaxxer). HP
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 11:19:51 AM »

Honestly, I don't even know what it means anymore. I feel like "neoliberal" has become the generic go-to boogeyman for both Trumpists and the Bernie/AOC crowd.

Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 07:22:20 AM »

I was wondering what triggered this thread being started, and then I discovered that RFK, Jr has written a book entitled The Real Anthony Fauci:  Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health.  I'm sure he didn't have "permission" to write his book.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6282173189001#sp=show-clips

He's an anti-vaxxer, and I'm not down with this, but his relationship between vaccine companies and those who regulate them ought to be cause for concern not just for the pandemic, but for public health in general.  He's also not wrong when he points out that, almost singlehandedly, Dr. Fauci has cancelled the Bill of Rights during the pandemic, and he's done it selectively.  Some protests were disallowed while others weren't.  Churches (which are in the Constitution) where forced to close, but liquor stores (which aren't) could stay open.  Indeed, the authoritarian measures (which he pointed out in another part of the interview not on the clip) effectively cancelled the Bill of Rights during the pandemic.

This pandemic has produced censorship in discourse, the likes I have never seen.  It has produced selectivity in "allowing" public protest, reducing peaceful assembly to a "privilege" instead of an Enumerated Constitutional Right that is granted based on whether or not a group is favord or disfavored by those in charge.  These things have had more of an effect on democracy than anything else, yet the people who whine the most about "our democracy" (when they really mean "their oligarghy") could care less on any of this.

So I'm revising my rating.  Despite the fact that I've often found RFK, Jr. to be a jerk, I'll give him a Situational FF.  "Fauci" has become a symbol of a corrupt oligarchy of which he's the front man.  RFK, Jr. has had the guts to take him on.  My hope is that more people will.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2021, 08:02:54 AM »

At this point it basically means any social liberal who supports free trade in the general sense. In the purely economic sense, someone who is closely tied to Wall Street and likewise supports Free Trade.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »

Along with Andrew Cuomo and Evan Bayh, proof that genetics plays very little role in determining your quality as a public servant.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »

Anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorist, so a very obvious HP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 11:58:09 AM »

I wonder what his rating would be without the anti-vax stuff.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:35 PM »

I wonder what his rating would be without the anti-vax stuff.

I’m not sure the question would even be asked tbh
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies