Is racism inherently right-wing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 12:01:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is racism inherently right-wing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Is racism inherently right-wing?  (Read 1847 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »

Organized racism, yes!

Some left-wing individuals have racist views, but they don't organize themselves in order to support racism.
Not always, there’s several racist parties in South Africa branded as left wing and communist
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »

Everyone has their own pet definitions of what left and right really mean, and I don't expect a right-winger to share mine. That being the case, the most descriptive definition of left and right that I've encountered is the one that defines it as the struggle between equality and hierarchy in the organization of human societies. By that definition, since racism is about establishing an inherent hierarchy between human beings, that makes it inherently right-wing, yes.

Obviously that doesn't mean that some people who are very left-wing on some issues can't also be massive racists. Abstract concepts like these can only go so far.

This is correct, and I am surprised that more ppl aren’t approaching it from this angle.

The question wasn’t whether there are/have been people who identify as left that are also racist. The question was whether racist views fall inherently on the left or right side of the spectrum.

Also, Parrotguy’s logic is backward. Antisemitism is also inherently right wing because it seeks to establish white Christian supremacy. The language about Jewish people controlling the world is a means to that end.

The Nation of Islam is seeking to establish white Christian supremacy?

Fun fact: Muslims can be right-wing as well. In fact, most middle eastern governments are.

Yeah, but he said antisemitism inherently promoted white Christian supremacy, which is wrong.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »

Everyone has their own pet definitions of what left and right really mean, and I don't expect a right-winger to share mine. That being the case, the most descriptive definition of left and right that I've encountered is the one that defines it as the struggle between equality and hierarchy in the organization of human societies. By that definition, since racism is about establishing an inherent hierarchy between human beings, that makes it inherently right-wing, yes.

Obviously that doesn't mean that some people who are very left-wing on some issues can't also be massive racists. Abstract concepts like these can only go so far.

I would agree that the idea of structuring society based on a racial hierarchy is inherently right-wing. However, that doesn't encompass all forms of racism. The racial attitudes of the far left-- that nonwhites require different treatment in order to succeed, for example-- are indicative of a different kind of racism.

If you're talking about affirmative action and the like, the reason why some leftists push for it is because the underlying mechanisms of today's society tend to favor White people over POC, so leftists argue that such measures are necessary to correct against the existing hierarchy and restore a semblance of equality.

I do think those attempts are misguided, both because they're overly blunt instruments (not every White person is advantaged in the same way, and not every POC is disadvantaged in the same way, so affirmative action ends up having highly biased outcomes within communities) and because, yes, they set the precedent that the state can discriminate based on race (even if on the pretext of correcting for existing inequality), which ultimately does establish a hierarchic principle of some sort.

Affirmative action is a fairly center-left position. I may not agree with it, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of racism. I should be a little more specific.

The left's racism typically manifests itself in one of two ways. The first is the benign paternalism I was referring to in my post. Certain people on the left (not you) have a habit of holding whites and nonwhites to different standards of behavior, both in modern times and in history. These are the people who parrot the "you live on stolen land" canard when talking about America, while conveniently ignoring the fact that every nation in history has """stolen""" land at some point from another. Why do these people only criticize white nations for this? Simple: They subconsciously assume that white people of the past "should've known better," or that whites fighting nonwhites was "not a fair fight." This attitude also manifests itself in modern times when white leftists warn against "antagonizing" Muslims or black people, as if these groups are constantly on the precipice of fitful violence, and if you provoke them they can't be held responsible for their actions. While well-intentioned, I believe these white leftists subconsciously hold white individuals and nations to higher standards of conduct, which only serves to reinforce the stereotype that whites are more "rational" than other races.

The second type of left-wing racism is the use of leftist rhetoric to demonize certain groups deemed "enemies of equality" (or "privileged"). While I don't think most American racial rhetoric rises to this level, I do think certain far-leftists are guilty of this when it comes to discussing Israel, to the point that they echo Neo-Nazi talking points about Jewish influence and control. A less common strain of this is present among certain Americans, such as BRTD's good friend Saira Rao and the more militant black / Latino nationalist groups.

Of course, none of this is to say that left-wing racism and right-wing racism are equally common, or that they have had equally harmful effects on our society. When it comes to racism-- sorry, left-wingers-- but the right blows you out of the water. But the idea that racial bias is solely the property of the right is simply false.

Yeah, of course those people do exist. In most cases I'd guess these are just confused but well-meaning leftists, but in the most extreme cases I've definitely seen people who loop all the way back around to being far-right ethnonationalists, just for a different ethnicity.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 12:08:13 AM »

Historical example is Che Guevara, who's also one of the most overrated individuals from history.

In what world is Che Guevara looked on fondly?
I have never heard any real life person have anything good to say about him

Rightfully so IMHO
I think acknowledging him was one of Bernie's biggest mistakes in 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 12:20:44 AM »

Of course, it was the Dixiecrats v Compassionate Conservative pre Industrial Revolution and Labor v Tories during the Industrial Revolution

Blue v Red Divide is Cold War when 4 Civil Rights leaders were executed by Marxist rebels by Russia during Cuban Missile Crisis, back then, it was more violence than it is now, we had serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer that killed Blk men

Now, it's QANON Marxist rebels that are lead by Trump saying the Election was stolen

Dixiecrats to Oswald Russian Marxist rebels to QANON
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:34 AM »

Now, it's QANON Marxist rebels that are lead by Trump saying the Election was stolen

Dixiecrats to Oswald Russian Marxist rebels to QANON

Dixiecratic Soviet Marxist Qanon supporters?

I don’t even want to think about it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 02:57:02 AM »

Of coy, right wing militia Groups protract violence and it's about BLM ever since the sixties and killing of Civil Rights activists as well as insurrection and Confederate statues were put up after slavery

That's why they call them the Dixiecrats when then they were pre Industrial Revolution pro slavery Dems states rights that Right exemplifies now

You can call yourself like Jefferson a Dem all you want but if you believe in states rights you are a Traditionalist

Rs were secularists like D's are now during Lincoln time they were called Federalist, strong Federal Government
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 08:31:37 AM »

Racism is inherently a collectivist and tribalist mindset. It is not particularly ideological. Only in the US, where there's this obsession with talking about race, is it used as a nonstop weapon against others in the form of "wokeism". Even countries like France want nothing to do with it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 12:34:33 PM »

Imagine believing racism is an inherently right-wing construct.
Wouldn't be me!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: