Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:15:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated.  (Read 3903 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: November 07, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

Are they mad when Sesame Street recommends other healthy choices like exercise and minimizing junk food?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »

I think the whole pro/anti-vax movement is beyond ridiculous. People should make their own decision and not force people to either get it or not. If you want to get vaccinated, that's fine. If not it's your choice, just like anything in life along with the rewards/consequences that come with them. I disagree with mandates/mandate bans as well as people getting fired for not getting vaccinated, especially considering our economy was already suffering economically/medically and the healthcare workers fired were heroes during the peak of the pandemic. However don't confuse that with spreading misinformation, that is something that should at least be investigated if not reprimanded but there should be a way to tell where the information is coming from. What Biden did in Florida when he refused to give DeSantis antibodies was politically charged and unacceptable.

Refusing vaccines (save for conditions where they're contraindicated) is like playing Russian Roulette. Except that you're not only pointing the gun at your own head, you're also taking turns pointing it randomly at other people, or other people's homes. If someone wandered around town taking random potshots at buildings (and occasionally spinning the chamber on their mostly-empty revolver before pointing it at themselves and pulling the trigger) we would consider them dangerous and insane. I don't see any reason to consider anti-vaxxers differently,  saving that finding them all mentally incompetent simply isn't practical due to problems of scale.

I get what you're saying but why force someone to do something they don't want to do if all they're hurting is themselves? Most of them are aware of the risk they're taking and don't care.

That's definitely false. Most unvaccinated people believe conspiracy theories that tell them they're making the smart choice. They think COVID isn't a big deal and that the vaccine has dangerous, deadly side effects.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 12:41:56 AM »

With everything going on in the world right now, Republicans choose to fight Sesame Street.

It's going to be so embarrassing to lose to these clowns next November.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 09:48:00 AM »

They could take the shot just to have milder symptoms. It's not just about survivability.

They can do whatever they want. It's objective fact that this pathogen is mild for little kids; that's my point. A national propaganda campaign to get seven-year-olds to take a "symptom reducer" for the sniffles is beyond bizarre, at least for people who still have both feet planted on planet Earth. To the extent people have an issue with what Sesame Street is doing here, that's where it's rooted.

I wouldn't expect a non-parent to understand, but getting your child a vaccine (yet another one of many) that has no drawbacks and can save them from a few days of misery is a no-brainer. Not everything is a life or death decision.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 09:57:27 AM »

They could take the shot just to have milder symptoms. It's not just about survivability.

They can do whatever they want. It's objective fact that this pathogen is mild for little kids; that's my point. A national propaganda campaign to get seven-year-olds to take a "symptom reducer" for the sniffles is beyond bizarre, at least for people who still have both feet planted on planet Earth. To the extent people have an issue with what Sesame Street is doing here, that's where it's rooted.

I wouldn't expect a non-parent to understand, but getting your child a vaccine (yet another one of many) that has no drawbacks and can save them from a few days of misery is a no-brainer. Not everything is a life or death decision.

Vaccinating a seven-year-old for Covid sure as s*** isn't. Which is why it's weird that there's a national propaganda campaign to get kids that age to take the shots.

I ... just told you why vaccination appeals to parents of young children. There's nothing weird about it at all.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 10:03:55 AM »

Vaccinating a seven-year-old for Covid sure as s*** isn't. Which is why it's weird that there's a national propaganda campaign to get kids that age to take the shots.

I ... just told you why vaccination appeals to parents of young children. There's nothing weird about it at all.

The weird part isn't that you want to give your kid the vaccine (just like it's not weird to give your kid children's Tylenol or whatever). The weird part is that there's a national propaganda campaign for it.

Not "propaganda" and not weird. There are public health campaigns for all kinds of things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies