Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated.  (Read 3889 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
« edited: June 29, 2022, 06:26:24 PM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

(This isn't remotely new for Sesame Street . The only thing that's changed is Republicans have become an ignorance-worshiping death cult that should be destroyed.)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 10:36:06 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2021, 11:18:15 AM by DrScholl »

I see some of the trashiest on right-wing Twitter responded. They complain that Democrats get angry about minor things, but turn around and throw a fit over a fictional television character. Sometimes I think they want people to die of COVID so that they can blame Biden.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 10:41:15 AM »

Republicans hating Big Bird is nothing new.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »

Ah yes, because as we all know by now, toddlers follow Big Bird on Twitter.  Roll Eyes
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »

I see some of the trashiest on right-wing Twitter responded. They complain that Democrats get angry about minor things, but turn around and throw a fit over a fictional television character. Some times I think they want people to die of COVID so that they can blame Biden.

You only think that 'sometimes'?  I think there clearly are a fairly large number of these idiot types who would be happy to die if they get to 'own the libs' in the process.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

Are they mad when Sesame Street recommends other healthy choices like exercise and minimizing junk food?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »

I see some of the trashiest on right-wing Twitter responded. They complain that Democrats get angry about minor things, but turn around and throw a fit over a fictional television character. Some times I think they want people to die of COVID so that they can blame Biden.

You only think that 'sometimes'?  I think there clearly are a fairly large number of these idiot types who would be happy to die if they get to 'own the libs' in the process.

I was trying to be charitable by saying sometimes, but at this point it's clear that there are a great deal of people willing to get sick and die just to make a political statement.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »

Republicans: The world’s biggest snowflakes.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 11:51:47 AM »

Big Bird = Good Bird, for getting vaxxed
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 12:09:40 PM »

What about the rest of the residents of Sesame Street?  Have they been vaccinated?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2021, 12:12:05 PM »

Sesame Street is produced, in part, by our tax dollars, and aired through public television.  Parents are the arbiters of their children's best interest, and this includes medical decisions.  It is not the role of the government to fund money to produce propaganda in the name of "educational television" to cause children in elementary school to believe that they should be vaccinated, and (implicitly) that their parents are "wrong" in not having them vaccinated.  That is not the role of government.  I know that the Soviet government and Nazi Germany lionized children who snitched on their parents for thoughtcrime, but this is still America, and our tax monies should not be used to undermine the status of parents as the arbiters of their children's best medical interest.

This isn't an advocacy for parents being the final arbiters in things such as genital mutilation or not providing medical treatment for inoperable cancer, but the COVID-19 vaccine being administered to a 5-11 year old is not that kind of decision.  Nor is a 5-11 year old child capable of making that sort of decision.  These sort of things are propaganda aimed at children.  That's not OK on the taxpayer's dime.  The idea that vaccinating 5-11 year old children against COVID-19 is the best course of action for such children is far from settled science at this point.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »

eventually saying that healthy food choices should be practiced is going to be "propaganda" because it'll be related to climate change or something
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »

LOL, what a bunch of triggered snowflakes.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »

Sesame Street is produced, in part, by our tax dollars, and aired through public television.  Parents are the arbiters of their children's best interest, and this includes medical decisions.  It is not the role of the government to fund money to produce propaganda in the name of "educational television" to cause children in elementary school to believe that they should be vaccinated, and (implicitly) that their parents are "wrong" in not having them vaccinated.  That is not the role of government.  I know that the Soviet government and Nazi Germany lionized children who snitched on their parents for thoughtcrime, but this is still America, and our tax monies should not be used to undermine the status of parents as the arbiters of their children's best medical interest.

This isn't an advocacy for parents being the final arbiters in things such as genital mutilation or not providing medical treatment for inoperable cancer, but the COVID-19 vaccine being administered to a 5-11 year old is not that kind of decision.  Nor is a 5-11 year old child capable of making that sort of decision.  These sort of things are propaganda aimed at children.  That's not OK on the taxpayer's dime.  The idea that vaccinating 5-11 year old children against COVID-19 is the best course of action for such children is far from settled science at this point.

Utter, unmitigated BS, and a direct assault on the children of our country. (I.e. exactly what I've come to expect from all so-called "Republicans".)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/planning/children.html

The "Republican Party" ought to be destroyed utterly.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2021, 12:31:07 PM »

eventually saying that healthy food choices should be practiced is going to be "propaganda" because it'll be related to climate change or something

And unlike vaccines, opposition to healthy foods will come from both sides of the aisle. From the right because it reminds them of climate change and from the left because something something fat shaming and poor people can only afford mcdonalds and not lettuce. I've said it many times before but WALL-E is likely one of the most accurate portrayals of the future.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 12:39:14 PM »

Kids get to make some food choices.  They get to choose, to some degree, between fruit and a Hostess twinkie at lunch.  They are given allowances to get things at a store. 

What foods are healthy and what foods are not is, for the most part, accepted science.  The remedies for Climate Change are political decisions, and it is not true to say that the science is "settled" on that issue.

The COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 year olds is none of that.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »

Actually, I've seen a lot of these anti maskers/vaxers post memes that the government is yet to recommend healthy eating and exercise as a way of dealing with the pandemic.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 12:52:30 PM »

Utter, unmitigated BS, and a direct assault on the children of our country. (I.e. exactly what I've come to expect from all so-called "Republicans".)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/planning/children.html

The "Republican Party" ought to be destroyed utterly.

The CDC is thoroughly politicized.  That social media platforms silence and deplatform opposing views does not detract from the FACT that there is NOT scientific consensus for the proposition that 5-11 year olds should all be vaccinated against COVID-19.

It would be a great world for you if the GOP were destroyed utterly.  That way, your rantings would be accepted uncritically.  The World would become as you wish your forum to be; an echo chamber ever reverberating the correctness of your point of view.

In the real world, there are plenty of people like me.  We work with liberals like you and get along fine, even when we disagree.  It may amaze you, but I get along well with a diverse group of people that I have areas of political disagreement with.  That's because in the real world, I am able to acknowledge the humanity of others, even if I believe their ideas are foolish, and I am able to recognize that capability in others.

In all honesty, I don't see that capability in you.  It's really sad.  There are lots of people I have partisan disagreements with here that I believe I could relate to as people if I met them, even if they were to know I was "Fuzzy Bear" and I were to know their online screen name.  I hope I'm wrong, and I hope, for your sake, that you go beyond where you are.  But if you're in real life the way you are online, I truly feel bad for you and will pray for you that you will overcome that aspect of yourself.  Until then, keep this in perspective:  There are people suffering in political prisons, prisoners of the left and of the right, that would thank the God they know if, tomorrow, they could be freed from their prison cell and live in the bottom half of income level in a country which was headed by Donald Trump.  Think about that.  Gain some perspective.  
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »

Are they mad when Sesame Street recommends other healthy choices like exercise and minimizing junk food?

Do you remember how absolutely enraged Republicans got when Michelle Obama made those suggestions?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 01:04:03 PM »

I'm interested to hear what possible justification you could have for the bolded portion, Fuzzy. There is far, far more science demonstrating the efficacy of vaccines and the reality, gravity, and anthropogenic nature of climate change than there is for this alleged epidemic of children being harmed in any significant number by transitioning prior to adulthood. Why should parents be allowed to act how they choose in spite of the scientific consensus in the one case but remain cautious despite a lack of meaningful science saying they ought to do so in the other?

At the end of the day, if you'll permit my saying so, I think you rail so hard against this idea of taking choice away from parents because you hate in them what you see in yourself. You have no actual moral commitment to giving parents the final word, as is demonstrated by your contempt for them when they choose to support their trans kids. At the end of the day, you, like the people you criticize, just want people to raise their children how you personally think they ought to be raised. When you think parents are making choices closer to what you want than the government would, you defer to the parents; when the reverse is true, you defer to the government. All this hemming and hawing about parents is nothing more than a flimsy post hoc justification for this tendency dressed up in rhetoric designed to appeal to parents' anxieties, which we tend to hold as sacrosanct in this culture for whatever reason.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 02:13:08 PM »

I'm interested to hear what possible justification you could have for the bolded portion, Fuzzy. There is far, far more science demonstrating the efficacy of vaccines and the reality, gravity, and anthropogenic nature of climate change than there is for this alleged epidemic of children being harmed in any significant number by transitioning prior to adulthood. Why should parents be allowed to act how they choose in spite of the scientific consensus in the one case but remain cautious despite a lack of meaningful science saying they ought to do so in the other?

At the end of the day, if you'll permit my saying so, I think you rail so hard against this idea of taking choice away from parents because you hate in them what you see in yourself. You have no actual moral commitment to giving parents the final word, as is demonstrated by your contempt for them when they choose to support their trans kids. At the end of the day, you, like the people you criticize, just want people to raise their children how you personally think they ought to be raised. When you think parents are making choices closer to what you want than the government would, you defer to the parents; when the reverse is true, you defer to the government. All this hemming and hawing about parents is nothing more than a flimsy post hoc justification for this tendency dressed up in rhetoric designed to appeal to parents' anxieties, which we tend to hold as sacrosanct in this culture for whatever reason.
Me reading this post:
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »

Ken Klippenstein lost all credibility when he started feuding with Michael Tracey, Glenn Greenwald, Aaron Mate, and Jimmy Dore. He used to be a good analyst, shame he bought into the Russiahoax.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »

More seems like a dogwhistle to pedophiles if nothing else. Kids under 13 shouldn't be on twitter.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 02:28:31 PM »

Ken Klippenstein lost all credibility when he started feuding with Michael Tracey, Glenn Greenwald, Aaron Mate, and Jimmy Dore. He used to be a good analyst, shame he bought into the Russiahoax.
He lost all credibility by feuding with the four most insufferable douchebags on Twitter? LOL.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 02:30:04 PM »

He lost all credibility by feuding with the four most insufferable douchebags on Twitter? LOL.

In BTRD-land...people that are more often right than not are "insufferable". Truth hurts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies