OK-Gov 2022: Dream the Impossible Dream?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:31:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OK-Gov 2022: Dream the Impossible Dream?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: OK-Gov 2022: Dream the Impossible Dream?  (Read 7992 times)
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 08:30:07 AM »

Seems like the chair of the Oklahoma GOP is a proper lunatic, and he wants to take out Stitt/Lankford and replace them with people more in-line with him.
SpartanburgSam
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 04:56:35 PM »

OdonTrail
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2022, 09:32:47 PM »

One state house district primary to watch is District 57 where Anthony Moore is getting a challenge from Kristen Kelley Poisson due to his opposition to school choice.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 04:01:05 PM »

https://www.soonerpoll.com/post/democrat-jena-nelson-leads-ryan-walters-in-statewide-school-superintendent-race

Sooner Poll has Democrat Jena Nelson leading Republican Ryan Walters by 5 points for the Superintendent race.

I don’t believe this, but it would be truly hilarious if Oklahoma elects a statewide Democrat and Florida doesn’t.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2022, 04:07:23 PM »

https://www.soonerpoll.com/post/democrat-jena-nelson-leads-ryan-walters-in-statewide-school-superintendent-race

Sooner Poll has Democrat Jena Nelson leading Republican Ryan Walters by 5 points for the Superintendent race.

I don’t believe this, but it would be truly hilarious if Oklahoma elects a statewide Democrat and Florida doesn’t.

It certainly would be. If I'm correct, a Democrat hasn't won a statewide election in Oklahoma since Brad Henry was reelected as Governor in 2006. I don't see that drought ending anytime soon.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »

There's been some buzz that there are two polls coming out showing the democrat leading as well as some speak on twitter that rural areas are increasingly becoming alienated with Stitt's voucher plan.

It could be a sleeper flip as Gubernatorial races have remained somewhat more resistant to polarization than other such races and the democrats has been attracting quite a bit of republican support in terms of endorsements.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2022, 02:00:38 PM »

These are one of those upsets like SD
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »

Also, Nathan Gonzalez (Inside Elections) has preemptively bumped OK-GOV from Solid R to Likely R.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »

I don't think it's that ridiculous, lower-profile offices like this frequently go against the partisan lean of the state.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2022, 05:38:18 PM »

I don't think it's that ridiculous, lower-profile offices like this frequently go against the partisan lean of the state.

Practically I think it's pretty much impossible for Democrats to win a state like Oklahoma under really any circumstances. Rural Oklahoma is like super dense and basically impossible to outvote, not to mention OKC and Tulsa tend to be quite conservative cities.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2022, 09:15:47 PM »

Practically I think it's pretty much impossible for Democrats to win a state like Oklahoma under really any circumstances. Rural Oklahoma is like super dense and basically impossible to outvote, not to mention OKC and Tulsa tend to be quite conservative cities.
Well the situation here seems like there's a lot of infigthing between rural republicans and exurban republicans with them pushing a policy hostile to the rural areas.
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2022, 06:32:02 AM »

There's been some buzz that there are two polls coming out showing the democrat leading as well as some speak on twitter that rural areas are increasingly becoming alienated with Stitt's voucher plan.

It could be a sleeper flip as Gubernatorial races have remained somewhat more resistant to polarization than other such races and the democrats has been attracting quite a bit of republican support in terms of endorsements.

lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2022, 06:44:54 AM »

It's  not impossible it's called voting
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2022, 06:53:48 AM »

Democrats do actually enjoy an edge on education, at least in red states. Many voters trust the GOP government to stop 'CRT' but want to stop them from defunding public schools. For instance, Indiana had a Democratic suuperintendent quite recently.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2022, 07:39:17 AM »

Democrats do actually enjoy an edge on education, at least in red states. Many voters trust the GOP government to stop 'CRT' but want to stop them from defunding public schools. For instance, Indiana had a Democratic suuperintendent quite recently.

Sherri Ybarra, Idaho's incumbent Republican Superintendent, only won reelection by 3% in 2018 against Cindy Wilson. That's a very good example of this. Education has traditionally been a Democratic issue, although that advantage has been lessened in recent years because of the fights over CRT, teachers unions, and the coronavirus pandemic.
new_patomic

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2022, 04:52:21 PM »

He's going to lose

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2022, 05:55:24 PM »

He's going to lose

That’s actually kinda funny tbh

Anyways, Hook ‘em Horns
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2022, 03:12:59 AM »

He's going to lose

Safe R --> Safe D
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2022, 08:12:21 AM »

If an R is up only 5/6 pts that is red zone because blks make up 5/6 percent in SD it's a white state but Females are gonna throw Noem and Thune out, Stitt is not safe
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »

Education is one of those issues where people tend to blame state politics rather than national politics because frankly education sucks in red and blue states alike and education tends to be seen as a more state/local issue. In NY for instance, I am still very upset with how the Democrats in charge handled school closures and protocols that imo were way too aggressive. Furthermore the proactive effort by many liberals to get rid of the so called "elite" public schools is also messed up. But if Republicans were hypothetically in charge, I'm sure there are things I'd be upset at them about.

In OK, the chance the governorship actually flips is pretty close to 0 but Stitt will not win by Trump's 33% margin. At the very least I expect Hofmeister to win Oklahoma County (though it swings less left than the state due to low minority turnout). There's also an outside chance she wins something like Cleveland County where white liberals are a powerful bloc.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2022, 01:45:26 PM »

Education is one of those issues where people tend to blame state politics rather than national politics because frankly education sucks in red and blue states alike and education tends to be seen as a more state/local issue. In NY for instance, I am still very upset with how the Democrats in charge handled school closures and protocols that imo were way too aggressive. Furthermore the proactive effort by many liberals to get rid of the so called "elite" public schools is also messed up. But if Republicans were hypothetically in charge, I'm sure there are things I'd be upset at them about.

In OK, the chance the governorship actually flips is pretty close to 0 but Stitt will not win by Trump's 33% margin. At the very least I expect Hofmeister to win Oklahoma County (though it swings less left than the state due to low minority turnout). There's also an outside chance she wins something like Cleveland County where white liberals are a powerful bloc.

You do realize we won AK in a Trump state you do realize this or have you forgotten like many Forum users have, it's not 0 I would say less than 50 but not 0
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2022, 10:54:49 AM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2022, 12:36:28 PM »

Imagine if both Oklahoma and New York flip this year.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2022, 01:00:28 PM »

Imagine if both Oklahoma and New York flip this year.

Oklahoma is more likely to flip than New York
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2022, 02:02:41 PM »

Even more remarkable considering Stitt is a member of one such nation.

I'm not going to get excited, as this is starting feel like the brief October 2020 SC-SEN mania that turned out to be a nothingburger, but there has been a series of really interesting polls coming out of the Plains for a while now. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies