NH (St. Anselm): Sununu +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:39:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NH (St. Anselm): Sununu +8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH (St. Anselm): Sununu +8  (Read 1989 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2021, 04:33:10 PM »
« edited: August 31, 2021, 04:36:15 PM by Roll Roons »

AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 04:36:26 PM »

Incumbent at 41% is always a good sign.

Smile
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »

Yay, the SunuNUT 2010-redux meme map is back.

Every race is a #redux:

AZ-2022 = FL-2018 (oh wait Ducey isn’t running, in that case) FL-2012
NV-2022 = NV-2010, 2016, 2018
GA-2022 = NC-2014
NH-2022 = NH-2016 0, after the Sununu+7 poll
WI-2022 = AR-2010 if Johnson runs, OH-2010 if he retires
PA-2022 = IN-1998

but that’s just imo

Cue the "Sununu collapsing" predictions when UNH shows the race tied next month only for another survey to show Sununu +6 in October, etc. etc.

Either way, I think Republicans have a lot to like about their chances in all of AZ/NH/NV regardless of the order in which you think they are most likely to flip. Irrespective of what polling may indicate, I think NH and ME in particular are primed for a rightward shift in 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 04:43:01 PM »

Hassn is gonna win, it's still a yr too early and we haven't had an announcement yet from Sununu
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 04:53:03 PM »

I hope to god he doesn't run
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »

This is to be expected, since the national environment is getting much better for Republicans.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 04:58:15 PM »

Do you all not realize that Democrats have not nuked him yet? By the time election day rolls around he'll look much worse. And that isn't even taking into account how he has to handle keeping Trump away without alienating Trump voters.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 04:59:54 PM »

Do you all not realize that Democrats have not nuked him yet? By the time election day rolls around he'll look much worse. And that isn't even taking into account how he has to handle keeping Trump away without alienating Trump voters.

That reminds me of the takes regarding Rick Scott in 2018. I expect it to be a FL-SEN 2018 redux, except Hassan loses by much more than Bill Nelson did.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 05:11:47 PM »

Can't imagine he doesn't run. And it'll be very hard for the Democrats to "nuke him", given that he's a popular Governor with bipartisan support in a solid purple state. The odds are good that this and PA will just cancel each other out, so no reason to panic.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 05:13:13 PM »

It's 500 days til the Election, D's shouldn't be worried until Summer 2022
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 05:19:24 PM »

That reminds me of the takes regarding Rick Scott in 2018. I expect it to be a FL-SEN 2018 redux, except Hassan loses by much more than Bill Nelson did.

Florida is much more Republican than New Hampshire.

Can't imagine he doesn't run. And it'll be very hard for the Democrats to "nuke him", given that he's a popular Governor with bipartisan support in a solid purple state. The odds are good that this and PA will just cancel each other out, so no reason to panic.

That's a take I would expect a Republican to give. Yes, he can be nuked and very badly. Governors have support that they often can't keep if they run for Senate. Being Governor is a whole lot different than handing Mitch McConnell the power to shut down Supreme Court nominees and everything else Biden proposes.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 05:24:55 PM »

FL is much more polarized than NH.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »

Don't hold your breath. Polls like this just make it more likely. Pour one out for Democrats holding this seat.

All eyes on picking up Pennsylvania and successfully defending everything else, I guess.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »

I don't think it will be this lopsided in the end, but Sununu will definitely be a formidable candidate against Hassan.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 07:45:17 PM »

I would expect the day, or a few days after, Sununu announces he's running, if he announces he's running, that his lead would evaporate.

While he's still in politics, unlike Hillary Clinton in 2015, he wouldn't be just a popular governor anymore, he'd be a Republican running to join other Republicans in the U.S Senate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »

Polls are useless, they have Rubio up by only 2 and CCM and Hassan down by 10, D's would win NV and NH before FL
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »

New Hampshire is a swing state, not a blue state, it was very close in 2016 and just seems to tend to be elastic more than anything else. Also Democrats have tried tying him to Trump in all three of his statewide bids and it didn't work, the same failed strategies are not the answer, remains Lean R with Sununu, Tossup without.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 09:48:46 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2021, 09:54:31 PM by TML »

New Hampshire is a swing state, not a blue state, it was very close in 2016 and just seems to tend to be elastic more than anything else. Also Democrats have tried tying him to Trump in all three of his statewide bids and it didn't work, the same failed strategies are not the answer, remains Lean R with Sununu, Tossup without.

You do realize that gubernatorial and Senate races are not exactly of the same nature, right? There’s a reason why people like Mike Sullivan, Bill Weld, Linda Lingle, Phil Bredesen and Steve Bullock were able to win gubernatorial races but not Senatorial races (The same would hold true for people like Phil Scott, Charlie Baker, and Larry Hogan should any of them attempt to run for Senate in the foreseeable future.). It is much easier to tie candidates to national political figures when they are running for federal offices instead of state- or local-level offices.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:08 PM »

I do feel Sununu would be favored.  If elected, he'd either be moderate on some votes or he'd just morph into a Mitch McConnell conservative clone.

He'd be up again in 2028, which is anyone's guess as to what that year will be like. 

He might be a one-term senator, who knows?
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 10:05:45 PM »

Biden was at 44% in this poll, seems a bit low for a state he won by 7.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 11:31:50 PM »

New Hampshire remains a very elastic state, at least in downballot races, as Sununu's 2-1 landslide and Shaheen's double-digit victory last year demonstrate. Hassan is-along with Masto, Warnock, and Kelly-one of the most vulnerable Democratic Senators next year. If Sununu does run, I expect the polls to tighten, but I think it's fair to say that he's the favorite at this juncture.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 01:57:32 AM »

Hassan and CCM loosing is just as likely as Rubio or DeSantis losing which the polls screwed up in 2018, they had Laxalt beating SISOLAK and Gillium winning

It's a 3o4 map anyways, as soon as we find out whom is running for Gov on F side
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2021, 02:34:18 AM »

They can nuke him, and that will cost him a lot of the Biden-Sununu voters he got in 2016, but probably not enough of them. Smearing Sununu as a partisan Republican would be a lot more effective if Hassan wasn't a partisan Democrat. It will come down to whether New Hampshire voters want the former or the latter, and there's no reason to expect the Democratic brand to be viewed more positively than the Republican one in 2022.

I still think Sununu would be a fool to take this race for granted because if he runs a poor campaign for whatever reason he could end up throwing this away, but Hassan better start taking this election seriously right now if she wants to win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2021, 05:07:26 AM »

Biden was at 44% in this poll, seems a bit low for a state he won by 7.

NH polls have frankly been quite a mess since Biden's election, which is odd considering that NH polls were pretty good for most of the actual 2020 cycle.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2021, 05:41:33 AM »

Wait for a PPP poll or a UNH poll or Change all the others are PARTISAN
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: