3rd Lincoln General Court Legislation Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:52:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  3rd Lincoln General Court Legislation Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3rd Lincoln General Court Legislation Thread  (Read 1096 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: August 30, 2021, 02:08:29 PM »
« edited: September 20, 2021, 11:11:26 AM by In the trenches trying to see a life beyond this »

Use this thread to introduce new legislation.

As a reminder there are eight bill slots for this session. No court member may sponsor more than two active bills at one time.

3.1 - French Future for Lincoln - sponsor:CraneHusband

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »

UN ACTE
de désigner le français comme langue officielle de Lincoln.

Partie 1 (Titre)
i. Le titre de cette loi sera "Avenir français pour Lincoln".

Partie 2 (Motivations)
i. La région de Lincoln reconnaît la vérité universelle selon laquelle le français est une langue plus attrayante que l'anglais et mieux adaptée à la diffusion des objectifs internationaux de la région de Lincoln.
ii. La région de Lincoln reconnaît également ses liens historiques et contemporains avec les régions canadiennes du Québec et du Nouveau-Brunswick, en particulier avec les comtés frontaliers du New Hampshire et du Maine.

Partie 3 (Mandat)
i. Les cours de français seront obligatoires pour tous les élèves des écoles publiques de la deuxième à la douzième année. Tout étudiant cherchant à être admis dans une université publique doit démontrer qu'il possède des compétences satisfaisantes ou qu'il a suivi avec succès un cours de rattrapage.
ii. Toute la signalisation régionale sera remplacée par une signalisation bilingue où le français figurera en premier et l'anglais en second.
iii. Tous les bulletins de vote de l'élection de Lincoln et les affaires officielles doivent être disponibles en français et en anglais.

Partie 4 (Ligne du temps)
i. Toutes les dispositions de ce projet de loi entreront en vigueur le 1er janvier 2022.
[/quote]

AN ACT
to designate French the official language of Lincoln.

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be "French Future for Lincoln."

Section 2 (Motivations)
i. The Lincoln region recognizes the universal truth that French is a more attractive language than English and better suited to broadcast the international aims of the region of Lincoln.
ii. Lincoln also recognizes our historic and contemporary ties to the Canadian regions of Quebec and New Brunswick, especially the border counties of New Hampshire and Maine.

Section 3 (Mandate)
i. French language courses will be mandatory for all public school students from the grades of second through twelfth. Any student seeking admission to a public university must demonstrate either satisfactory proficiency, or successfully complete a remedial course.
ii. All regional signage will be replaced by bilingual signage with French listed first, and English second.
iii. All Lincoln election ballots and official business must be made available in both French and English.

Section 4 (Timeline)
i. All provisions of this bill will be made effective by January 1, 2022.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »

Wulfric should preside, as he has the most experience

Thanks for the support. I guess I'm supposed to make people write bills and vote on them. Resigning effective immediately from both the Court and the Speakership.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 07:17:09 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2021, 07:21:05 PM by John Adams »

Update:

Due to recent events: the dissolution of the Lincoln General Court and Revolutionary military occupation of the city of New York, the current members of the Court have been forced to depart the city and take up residence in Miami, Florida. All future legislation by the Lincoln General Court will be conducted by this illegitimate government in exile.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 11:00:20 PM »

The exiled members of the Lincoln General Court are now in protective custody.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436488.msg8252605#msg8252605
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 01:33:16 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2021, 02:20:19 AM by Adams »

Write-in Amendment

Amendment to the Lincoln Constitution:

1. A candidate officially accepting write-in votes for a position on Lincoln General Court will increase the amount of seats elected in the same way a declared candidate would, up to a total of two additional seats.

2. Two shall be the number of write-in candidates that may be elected. In the event more than two write-in candidates run, the seats will be awarded to the top two vote-getters of these. Any write-in votes after these two will be exhausted or redistributed to officially declared candidates.

Be it enacted.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies