Running for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 05:24:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Running for President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Running for President  (Read 2023 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:37:50 AM »

Yeah. I suppose if I'm ever going to have a chance to win, this'd be it, so i'll give it a shot. I'd like to poach afleitch as my VP candidate if he wouldn't mind.

That'll be it for now.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 04:22:45 AM »

Afleitch is currently Keystone Phil's running mate.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

Good Luck, hughento!

Rin-chan
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:12:19 AM »

Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:50:33 AM »

Again Tongue Smiley

The more the better really Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:25:50 AM »

I'd like to poach afleitch as my VP candidate if he wouldn't mind.

Afleitch is currently Keystone Phil's running mate.

poach1  /poʊtʃ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pohch] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used without object) 1. to trespass, esp. on another's game preserve, in order to steal animals or to hunt. 
2. to take game or fish illegally. 
3. (of land) to become broken up or slushy by being trampled. 
4. (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) to play a ball hit into the territory of one's partner that is properly the partner's ball to play. 
5. Informal. to cheat in a game or contest. 
–verb (used with object) 6. to trespass on (private property), esp. in order to hunt or fish. 
7. to steal (game or fish) from another's property. 
8. to take without permission and use as one's own: to poach ideas; a staff poached from other companies. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »

Poaching is a tradition that should be protected and praised.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:37 AM »

yay Hugh!!!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 01:42:42 PM »

Oh, good luck, btw
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »

Nice try, Hugh, but your slick move won't work.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

Nice try, Hugh, but your slick move won't work.

That's right, Hugo!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »

Good luck. Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »

Good luck, Hugh! Smiley

Oh, and I don't know if afleitch would want to or not, but I don't recall any law prohibiting two candidates from having the same running mate.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »

AWESOME!!!
You have my full support.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 10:11:14 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2006, 10:25:31 PM by Maverick »

Yeah. I suppose if I'm ever going to have a chance to win, this'd be it, so i'll give it a shot. I'd like to poach afleitch as my VP candidate if he wouldn't mind.

Trying to form a 'Gay Pride' ticket?  Wink

BTW, if you do manage to get Afleitch to sign up with you, will you be using this as a background to your banner?
------------------------------------------

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »

I would just like to state that such a low move by Hugh is most likely motivated by a personal rivalry and I ask that he take it elsewhere. I remember when I "stole" Naso's running mate (NixonNow) and we had a "big deal" about it. In reality, it was a joke and we enjoyed playing along. Hugh, however, is being the usual bitter person that he is, trying to interfere in order to throw my campaign into chaos. These are the actions that drive people away, Hugh. I'd love to have a spirited race with you involved but I ask that you end your attempts to take my running mate away from my ticket. Thank you.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 10:41:50 PM »

Good luck, Hugh! Smiley

Oh, and I don't know if afleitch would want to or not, but I don't recall any law prohibiting two candidates from having the same running mate.

I like both afleitch and Hugh and would love to see that ticket, but if a veep candidate hedges his bets by agreeing to be on two tickets, I would be less enthusiastic.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 07:42:17 AM »

I was going to tell you you have to reregister first, but I see you'd already figured that out all by yourself. Smiley Good luck mon.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 08:02:48 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2006, 09:23:00 AM by hughento »

I would just like to state that such a low move by Hugh is most likely motivated by a personal rivalry and I ask that he take it elsewhere. I remember when I "stole" Naso's running mate (NixonNow) and we had a "big deal" about it. In reality, it was a joke and we enjoyed playing along. Hugh, however, is being the usual bitter person that he is, trying to interfere in order to throw my campaign into chaos. These are the actions that drive people away, Hugh. I'd love to have a spirited race with you involved but I ask that you end your attempts to take my running mate away from my ticket. Thank you.

Whilst I do think it is...unusual that afleitch and yourself are on the same ticket, the main reason for my stated intetion is that I think afleitch is an expereinced, good-quality vice-presidential candidate who would strongly fit a ticket lead by myself.

I won't lie, I don't want you to win, but the main motivation for my trying to get afleitch onto my ticket is afleitch himself. You should be pleased; this shows that I think your judgement was actually pretty good.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »

To be honest I have to say that I am dissapointed in Phils reaction to this; all that was needed was one comment on the matter, not a personal attack on Hugh, someone who I regard as a good friend on the forum. He made an offer, simple as that and I don't believe it was designed to undermine Phil's integrity. Instead I find myself being fought over like a piece of meat in a political b-tchfest ! (That somehow seems to now involve Naso) Smiley

Okay; mini rant over. I will not be on two tickets, and i'm not even sure if i'll even be on one.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 09:28:09 AM »

To be honest I have to say that I am dissapointed in Phils reaction to this; all that was needed was one comment on the matter, not a personal attack on Hugh, someone who I regard as a good friend on the forum. He made an offer, simple as that and I don't believe it was designed to undermine Phil's integrity. Instead I find myself being fought over like a piece of meat in a political b-tchfest ! (That somehow seems to now involve Naso) Smiley

Okay; mini rant over. I will not be on two tickets, and i'm not even sure if i'll even be on one.

I'm just supporting Phil for President, nothing more.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 09:53:31 AM »

That's ridiculous. Hugh showed no respect for me in the way he went about this and we all know of his personal hatred towards me. I could have went on a long rant about this but I kindly told someone who has been a total asshole to me in the past how I feel. I even sent him a kind PM that has not been met with a reponse.

I am not going to make this anymore of a problem. I think it is absurd that now my ticket is at risk of falling apart because I simply stood up to Hugh's usual antic. It looks like he won though. He wanted me to get into a fight over this. Hugh wins.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »

Trying to form a 'Gay Pride' ticket?  Wink

BTW, if you do manage to get Afleitch to sign up with you, will you be using this as a background to your banner?
------------------------------------------

My preference is based upon the qualities I believe afleitch possesses. Whilst I do believe a hughento/afleitch ticket would be the optimal team to represent Atlasia's GLBT community, it will certainly not be a primary focus in a possible hughento/afleitch campaign or administration.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »

I will not be on two tickets, and i'm not even sure if i'll even be on one.

Maybe not one...maybe not two...but what about three??

I hereby announce my candidacy for president.  And as my VP, I'd like afleitch to join me!!!1

(j/k)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies