Running for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:26:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Running for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Running for President  (Read 1999 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

To be honest I have to say that I am dissapointed in Phils reaction to this; all that was needed was one comment on the matter, not a personal attack on Hugh, someone who I regard as a good friend on the forum. He made an offer, simple as that and I don't believe it was designed to undermine Phil's integrity. Instead I find myself being fought over like a piece of meat in a political b-tchfest ! (That somehow seems to now involve Naso) Smiley

Okay; mini rant over. I will not be on two tickets, and i'm not even sure if i'll even be on one.

That's ridiculous. Hugh showed no respect for me in the way he went about this and we all know of his personal hatred towards me. I could have went on a long rant about this but I kindly told someone who has been a total asshole to me in the past how I feel. I even sent him a kind PM that has not been met with a reponse.

I am not going to make this anymore of a problem. I think it is absurd that now my ticket is at risk of falling apart because I simply stood up to Hugh's usual antic. It looks like he won though. He wanted me to get into a fight over this. Hugh wins.

This whole situation is getting ridiculous. I genuinely cannot see what Hugh has done that is personal; I am not aware of what has or hasn't happened between you in the past, but making issues out of them in the present is what was turning people away from the fantasy forum in the first place. That was why I got a little frustrated over what I saw as an irrelevant personality clash that has spilled over onto this thread

Of course having now lambasted my running mate in the process doesn't bode well for the future Smiley As it was my response to this silly mess then I have decided that I will have to withdraw from the ticket. It is more than likely that this episode would have been brought up in the campaign in future and could then overshadow policy and the real issues.  I still think that you will make a good President Phil and you probably have more stomach for the 'machinations' of a presidential race than I do Smiley (which was probably the reason why I withdrew from running for president in the first place)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 06:05:59 AM »

I think *all* Atlasians should run for president in combination with *all* other Atlasians as their running mates. Smiley Give the people a choice!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 10:11:18 PM »

I think *all* Atlasians should run for president in combination with *all* other Atlasians as their running mates. Smiley Give the people a choice!

Hell yeah! And ^this^ from the guy who'll count the votes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies