PA- Green tossed from November ballot.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:22:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA- Green tossed from November ballot.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA- Green tossed from November ballot.  (Read 4371 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

If the race was a blowout like in my state like IL governorship the judge would of allowed it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 02:43:02 PM »

Not that it really matters, Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot. 80% of Romanelli's "supporters" were Republicans anyway. Don't expect a significant difference.

Acctually, polls show that Romanelli takes 5% in a three way race... granted, mostly from otherwise undecideds.  With him in the gap is reduced about 2-3 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »

But as you get down to election day, there were still alot of undecides in the race to make the difference, it could of made the difference in the race, if Santorum could of closed to within striking difference. Undecides break late in states that are competetive.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 03:15:58 PM »

But as you get down to election day, there were still alot of undecides in the race to make the difference, it could of made the difference in the race, if Santorum could of closed to within striking difference. Undecides break late in states that are competetive.

I honestly think that Santorum would take a good amount of the undecided vote. After all the trash they have heard about Santorum, they still remain unsure of who to vote for. If the ties to Bush didn't sway them to Casey earlier in the campaign then it wouldn't be a big deal right before the election. If hearing the President's name makes you cringe and gets you that worked up then you're likely already with Casey.

Santorum needs to keep running those positive ads. The softer image of Santorum ads work.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2006, 04:29:50 PM by NewFederalist »

There is still a small chance Romanelli will be on the ballot. Check www.ballot-access.org

BTW, he is on the absentee ballots which were sent overseas which is a point in his favor when the PA Supreme Court hears his case.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »

Phew! What a huge win for Casey. Break out the rum!
Deano963

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »

This is too good. Bye bye Ricky!
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 06:33:07 PM »

A ten point win is not a landslide and while it may look stupid it is not. The reason why is because I am basing this on more than polls. Any idiot can just look at a poll and tell us how it is going to be. I have taken more into consideration here. When people write off Santorum, he wins.

If it was one poll, that would be one thing. However, EVERY single poll released by EVERY single poller has shown a comfortable Casey lead. A 10 point loss would be a god send to Santorum. I think it could really get a lot worse...especially if some of the GOP base stays home out of disappointment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that's why I respect you Phil. At least you are delusional with class. Wink
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 07:54:37 PM »

Greens = nuisances. They can be wretchedly so, in a close race

Dave
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »

Dave

No, Green = Getting Republicans Elected Every November.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2006, 09:40:38 PM »

Dave

Amazing how we don't hear that much about the Constitution party from the GOP. After all, Joe Hoeffel's own volunteers went around getting signatures for Clymer in the 2004 Senate race. I didn't hear too many on the GOP side whining.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2006, 09:42:08 PM »

Dave

Amazing how we don't hear that much about the Constitution party from the GOP. After all, Joe Hoeffel's own volunteers went around getting signatures for Clymer in the 2004 Senate race. I didn't hear too many on the GOP side whining.

They havent become a force yet.  Probably because conservatives tend to be a little more loyal to the party.  Its actually one of the traits I admire most about the right.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »

The havent become a force yet.  Probably because conservatives tend to be a little more loyal to the party.  Its actually one of the traits I admire most about the right.

Yeah but we still get votes taken away from our candidates and you don't hear us complain nearly as much as your party does. No one cared about what Hoeffel did in 2004 but everyone cared about GOP donors helping Romanelli.
poughies
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 09:45:41 PM »

or maybe it was because they didn't really like Specter? Or maybe it was because Specter knows how to run a campaign, which Casey does not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 09:47:06 PM »

or maybe it was because they didn't really like Specter? Or maybe it was because Specter knows how to run a campaign, which Casey does not.

What do those points have to do with the race? It is justifiable that people voted for Clymer because they didn't like Specter but it is horrible that people would go for Romanelli because they don't like Casey?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2006, 10:21:59 PM »

What do those points have to do with the race? It is justifiable that people voted for Clymer because they didn't like Specter but it is horrible that people would go for Romanelli because they don't like Casey?

Both people are idiots. However the Clymer voting idiots help my side, so I support them.

However, the Green Party is evil and must be destroyed because of the awful horrible monster they ran in 2000. Anything ever associated with that vile piece of human garbage is forever tainted and should be eliminated.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2006, 10:51:16 PM »

Both people are idiots. However the Clymer voting idiots help my side, so I support them.

However, the Green Party is evil and must be destroyed because of the awful horrible monster they ran in 2000. Anything ever associated with that vile piece of human garbage is forever tainted and should be eliminated.

Translation: "We only support real choice when it favors us".
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2006, 10:57:56 PM »

Translation: "We only support real choice when it favors us".

Granted its a bit dumb, however did the Democrats try to force Clymer on the ballot the way the GOP tried to do here with romanelli??  By that do I mean were clymer's petitions filled with a bunch of democratic signatures and Hoeffel supporters much the way romanelli's petitions were filled with Republicans and Santorum supporters???
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »

Clymer didn't need help. The signature requirement for 2004 was only 60% of what it is for 2006. Nobody else has qualified statewide in 2006 for this reason.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »

Dave

Oregon Republicans tried to get the CPs candidate thrown off the ballot. sound at all familiar?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »

Ricky wanted it to be a race to 48%. Now it is a race to 50%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2006, 05:15:53 PM »

Dave

Oregon Republicans tried to get the CPs candidate thrown off the ballot. sound at all familiar?

No, it is not all that familiar. I have heard of it but it is not nearly as big of a deal as what the Dems complain about and as far as I am concerned, I am talking about complaints from PA, not OR. The PA GOP didn't throw a fuss like the Dems did.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »

Dave

No, it is not all that familiar. I have heard of it but it is not nearly as big of a deal as what the Dems complain about and as far as I am concerned, I am talking about complaints from PA, not OR. The PA GOP didn't throw a fuss like the Dems did.

So basically...it's only a big deal when it reflects postively on your opinion and candidate's agenda? The OR GOP tried to get the CPs Gubernatorial candidate thrown off the ballot for the exact same reason that the PA Democratic Party tried getting Romanelli thrown off, I condemn both actions as dirty politics...but for the GOP to whine about the Democrats complaints and then do the same thing on the other end of the country really reveals something about the integrity of their politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »

So basically...it's only a big deal when it reflects postively on your opinion and candidate's agenda? The OR GOP tried to get the CPs Gubernatorial candidate thrown off the ballot for the exact same reason that the PA Democratic Party tried getting Romanelli thrown off, I condemn both actions as dirty politics...but for the GOP to whine about the Democrats complaints and then do the same thing on the other end of the country really reveals something about the integrity of their politics.

No, you have a point about the OR GOP. I just don't care about what happens there. I didn't cheer on the OR GOP's efforts. I am just saying in PA there was no outrage because of Clymer but plenty for Romanelli.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

No, you have a point about the OR GOP. I just don't care about what happens there. I didn't cheer on the OR GOP's efforts. I am just saying in PA there was no outrage because of Clymer but plenty for Romanelli.

I really don't understand the outrage over the GreenOPs efforts in PA. If it was NJ or OH or another state in which the race was extremely close race I would understand why they were doing what they were, but to throw a fit over a third party candidate in such a lopsided race seems childish and whiny. Kind of like in a football game...the score is 45-0 and the winning coach decides to throw the challenge flag late in the 4th.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies