PA- Green tossed from November ballot.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:45:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA- Green tossed from November ballot.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA- Green tossed from November ballot.  (Read 4342 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:01:54 PM »

From the AP:

A state judge on Monday ordered the Green Party candidate for U.S. Senate removed from ballot because the party did not have enough valid signatures in its nominating petitions.

Carl Romanelli’s candidacy had been challenged by state Democrats. Romanelli’s bid was backed by Sen. Rick Santorum, who hoped that Romanelli could siphon votes from his Democratic opponent, state Treasurer Bob Casey.

Commonwealth Court Judge James R. Kelley ruled that Romanelli, a railroad industry consultant from Wilkes-Barre, was 8,931 signatures shy of 67,070 he needed to qualify as a minor-party candidate.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 12:21:26 PM »

NICE!
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 12:22:39 PM »

LOL!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 12:28:47 PM »

Bye Rick!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:30:49 PM »

Ah, democracy lucks out again.  God Bless America and its arcane state ballot laws.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »

Ah, democracy lucks out again.  God Bless America and its arcane state ballot laws.

Obviously, they are strongly supported by people on this forum.  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:38:22 PM »

I support anything that hurts the Green Party. The Green Party is an absolutely evil abomination that should be completely wiped off the face of the Earth. I laughed my ass off when a former Green City Councilman in Minneapolis was sentenced to 5 years in prison for bribery.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

Not that it really matters, Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot. 80% of Romanelli's "supporters" were Republicans anyway. Don't expect a significant difference.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot.

Keep saying that.

It sucks that Romanelli won't be there but Santorum can still win and the Dems will be without another excuse as to why it he "lucked" out.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 12:57:30 PM »

Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot.

Keep saying that.

It sucks that Romanelli won't be there but Santorum can still win and the Dems will be without another excuse as to why it he "lucked" out.

You don't honestly believe that Santorum is still going to win do you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 01:01:37 PM »

Keep saying that.

Yes, I do but even if he doesn't win, he wouldn't lose in a landslide.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »

Keep saying that.

Yes, I do but even if he doesn't win, he wouldn't lose in a landslide.

Phil, I know it sucks when your candidate is poised to lose regardless...hell, read my signature. However, denial is unhealthy. I would suggest planning for 2010.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 01:06:17 PM »

Phil, I know it sucks when your candidate is poised to lose regardless...hell, read my signature. However, denial is unhealthy. I would suggest planning for 2010.

So what do you plan to do on November 8th if Santorum has won? Tell me how stupid you'll feel.
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »

I have a feeling that regardless of the outcomes in any of these races that both sides of the debate will have quite a deal of ammo against each other.  I think the ultimate question will be who will not stick around to hear it if they lose.  Will you?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »

So what do you plan to do on November 8th if Santorum has won? Tell me how stupid you'll feel.

I'll admit that I was wrong and heavily influenced by the polls. However, how will you feel on November 8th if Santorum loses...how do you defend that prediction this late into the election when nearly EVERY poll show a landslide in the making? I respect your opinion, but that's going to be hard...whether you feel stupid or not...it's going to look stupid.
poughies
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »

Now we all know Santorum is a great closer, but he is just can't do it this time. There was a reason they wanted the green candidate. They knew santorum couldn't get to 50..... he still and won't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »

Whenever a Republican is certain to lose, they put a green on the ballot to try to make up ground, they are doing the same thing in IL to take votes away from Blago, because Topinka is certainly going to lose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »

I think the ultimate question will be who will not stick around to hear it if they lose.  Will you?

I don't leave when my candidates lose. Ask people about my situation in 2004. I think a lot of others will be sore losers about it because they are oh so confident that Santorum is a goner.

I'll admit that I was wrong and heavily influenced by the polls. However, how will you feel on November 8th if Santorum loses...how do you defend that prediction this late into the election when nearly EVERY poll show a landslide in the making? I respect your opinion, but that's going to be hard...whether you feel stupid or not...it's going to look stupid.

A ten point win is not a landslide and while it may look stupid it is not. The reason why is because I am basing this on more than polls. Any idiot can just look at a poll and tell us how it is going to be. I have taken more into consideration here. When people write off Santorum, he wins.

If Rick Santorum loses, I will be very, very disappointed. I will be saddened because this is more than just a candidate losing. When Melissa Brown lost in 2004, I was crushed. I dedicated most of my summer and the fall to that campaign and truly believed in her and her cause. She got destroyed and I was very sad about the result but she wasn't a hero of mine; Santorum is my political hero so his defeat would be much worse. I'll stand by my prediction, though, because I based it on something more than just polling. But if I am wrong, I am wrong and I'll take it. I'll take whatever you throw my way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »

Casey will be favored to win until election day until Santorum gets a lead, and I just don't see that happening.
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »

didn't mean to call you out if it sounded like that Phil my bad.  I like talking about this stuff because it interests me. If the canidates i think will win, lose i will take all the sh-t talk i deserve that why i love tuesday in fantasy football.  Its great if you win still fun if you lose.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 01:39:33 PM »

Since people don't split ticket all that much and Swann is running 20 pts behind Rendell, I think Casey will hold on.  Casey and Rendell will wind up winning due to the carry over effect.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 01:41:26 PM »

Since people don't split ticket all that much

Are you really that dumb? Do you know we're talking about Pennsylvania...?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2006, 01:48:53 PM by Quincy »

No, I am saying that Swann is not a good candidate and Rendell will help out Casey.  The polls are satisfied with Casey and Rendell that is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 02:25:13 PM »

No, I am saying that Swann is not a good candidate and Rendell will help out Casey.  The polls are satisfied with Casey and Rendell that is.

The polls show people are satisfied with Rendell but my point is that that doesn't rule out people splitting their ticket, voting Rendell/Santorum.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 02:37:18 PM »

Hmmm... I wonder who appointed this judge... esspecially since the last state election was the judges race in '05, which would cut the number of required signitures in half.  Too bad the courts have become such a partisan charged rouge institution.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies