Who gets a higher percentage of Black voters: Youngkin or Ciattarelli?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:03:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who gets a higher percentage of Black voters: Youngkin or Ciattarelli?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who gets a larger share of Black voters?
Glenn Youngkin (R-VA)

Jack Ciattarelli (R-NJ)

Both

Neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Who gets a higher percentage of Black voters: Youngkin or Ciattarelli?  (Read 802 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2021, 03:51:30 PM »

Who has the potential to cut into the Democratic base of Black voters by getting 10%-20% of Black voters? Glenn Youngkin of Virginia or Jack Ciattarelli of New Jersey?

Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 04:41:20 PM »

Accidentally voted Ciattarelli. I think Youngkin will by virtue of performing much stronger overall.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 10:03:44 PM »

Accidentally voted Ciattarelli. I think Youngkin will by virtue of performing much stronger overall.

Murphy won the Black vote in 2017 by 94 percent I believe....if Ciattarelli can make significant inroads it would be probably picking Antwan McClellan as his running mate......
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:03:06 PM »

Youngkin has zero appeal to minorities. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 11:26:17 PM »

Explain....
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »

Neither has any particular appeal to minorities. Youngkin will perform better overall. The question was not phrased in relative terms.

The follow-up question "Who has the potential to cut into the Democratic base of Black voters by getting 10%-20% of Black voters?" is ridiculous.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 09:37:05 AM »

Obviously Youngkin
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 06:00:40 PM »

Explain....

Just look at him. Though he is probably the correct answer in this question. Though both will perform as poorly as any other Republican.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 06:47:52 PM »

Explain....

As another poster stated, just look at him.  He's the epitome of an awful white guy who could care less about anybody but himself.  He comes off as extremely unlikable in all of his ads which we are forced to watch during EVERY commercial break on every channel here in VA.

I think he will perform worse among black voters also because Terry is very well respected in the black community here.  He's gotten results.  This guy is a total fake.  Also, because this will be a more competitive election than NJ (presumably) you will see more black outreach, which should juice up Dem margins IMO. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 07:28:05 PM »

Explain....

As another poster stated, just look at him.  He's the epitome of an awful white guy who could care less about anybody but himself.  He comes off as extremely unlikable in all of his ads which we are forced to watch during EVERY commercial break on every channel here in VA.

I think he will perform worse among black voters also because Terry is very well respected in the black community here.  He's gotten results.  This guy is a total fake.  Also, because this will be a more competitive election than NJ (presumably) you will see more black outreach, which should juice up Dem margins IMO. 

Why, because he is wealthy? Doesn't Phil Murphy, a multimillionaire Democrat face the same problem too?

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 10:28:09 PM »

Explain....

Why, because he is wealthy? Doesn't Phil Murphy, a multimillionaire Democrat face the same problem too?

Phily Murphy isn't out of touch the way Youngkin is.  At least, I doubt he is.  Youngkin has spent the last 2 months flooding VA tv's with ads about how successful and rich he is.  Yes literally, his ads just talk about how he started a big business.  Nothing about what he'll do for Virginia.  It's not that when you dig deeper you realize his business has done a lot of bad things.  It's that he thinks it's appealing for him to go on TV bragging about himself non-stop. 

His ads also come off as mildly MAGAish.  He's not saying it directly but he's basically giving the wink that he wants to take Virginia back to its Southern roots.  If he gets more than 5 or 6% of the black vote I'd be shocked.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 06:49:28 PM »

Explain....

Phily Murphy isn't out of touch the way Youngkin is.  At least, I doubt he is.  Youngkin has spent the last 2 months flooding VA tv's with ads about how successful and rich he is.  Yes literally, his ads just talk about how he started a big business.  Nothing about what he'll do for Virginia.  It's not that when you dig deeper you realize his business has done a lot of bad things.  It's that he thinks it's appealing for him to go on TV bragging about himself non-stop. 

His ads also come off as mildly MAGAish.  He's not saying it directly but he's basically giving the wink that he wants to take Virginia back to its Southern roots.  If he gets more than 5 or 6% of the black vote I'd be shocked.

Exactly. Youngkin just looks like the kind of guy who hangs out on his yacht all day with a  sweater wrapped around his neck.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 02:35:11 PM »

Terry McAuliffe will run the score with black voters, so I'd say Ciattarelli.
slothdem

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »

It will obviously be Youngkin, because black voters in Virginia are slightly less monolithically Democratic than black voters in New Jersey (owing to increased social conservatism in the southside and also the military population). Black voters in New Jersey are concentrated much more heavily in the cities and are the most Democratic of any state.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies