Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9199 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2021, 09:03:31 PM »

Yes?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »

Townhall

I plan to hold a scheduled townhall tomorrow evening at 7 PM ET. I plan to field questions from the Discord and here as well. Stay tuned and come prepared with questions!

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:10:31 PM by Senator Spark »

VP Selection #4

San Diego, California

Everyone, today I come before to you proudly to announce my fourth and final selection for the vice presidency. CentristRepublican, a political newcomer, is the breath of fresh air we need for Atlasia. I believe that his new ideas combined with my experience will vastly improve this country.

UPDATE: CentristRepublican accepted his nomination on October 8.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2021, 06:31:43 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2021, 06:34:54 PM by Senator Spark »

Townhall

Ask me any and all questions! This townhall will be for one hour.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2021, 06:40:56 PM »

Will you endorse Critical Belief of Dreadnought (CBD)?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »

Will you endorse Critical Belief of Dreadnought (CBD)?

Explain further.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »

What is your plan to prevent tsunamis, you said you would research this?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2021, 06:44:10 PM »

From my announcement speech:
What is CBD? Good question. CBD is a bit like CRT--you all know it, but instead of being taught things about race you don't want people to hear in college, impressionable youths are taught the Nemesis trilogy by April Daniels as part of their high school curriculum, as such:

-Dreadnought (2017) taught as part of freshman English
-Sovereign (2017) taught as part of sophomore English
-Until Dreadnought 3 (TBD) comes out, junior English will be dedicated to writing fan-made sequels to Sovereign.
-When Dreadnought 3 does come out, it is taught as part of senior English. Until then, peer review of your 16-year-old self's crappy Dreadnought fanfiction

By the way, this is going to be implemented at the national level, to stop the South from opting out.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »

I trust the scientists on this. Some ways to prevent tsunamis would be using deep sea ocean sounds waves to disrupt them before tsnumanis form. I will aid our scientists with providing additional funding for research and development into these technologies.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »

From my announcement speech:
What is CBD? Good question. CBD is a bit like CRT--you all know it, but instead of being taught things about race you don't want people to hear in college, impressionable youths are taught the Nemesis trilogy by April Daniels as part of their high school curriculum, as such:

-Dreadnought (2017) taught as part of freshman English
-Sovereign (2017) taught as part of sophomore English
-Until Dreadnought 3 (TBD) comes out, junior English will be dedicated to writing fan-made sequels to Sovereign.
-When Dreadnought 3 does come out, it is taught as part of senior English. Until then, peer review of your 16-year-old self's crappy Dreadnought fanfiction

By the way, this is going to be implemented at the national level, to stop the South from opting out.

This is an interesting proposition. Using narratives such as this could be a more palatable way of teaching such material.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »

I trust the scientists on this. Some ways to prevent tsunamis would be using deep sea ocean sounds waves to disrupt them before tsnumanis form. I will aid our scientists with providing additional funding for research and development into these technologies.

So after reading into this, this doesn't sound practical. To begin with, it's just the conclusion of one mathematician out of millions and second, even said mathematician concedes that it'd be incredibly challenging since you need some way to manipulate natural sound waves, this sounds like a massive waste of money on something that wouldn't work. I was wondering if you can come up with some more efficient and cost-effective ways of dealing with natural disasters, given your clear commitment to dealing with them, maybe we can't deal with tsunamis and just have to accept that, but maybe there's something, after all, you are the one who said this. How do you recommend we deal with volcanoes and earthquakes, which in many cases cause tsunamis, maybe trying to reduce these could reduce the tsunami problem to begin with?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2021, 07:21:23 PM »

So after reading into this, this doesn't sound practical. To begin with, it's just the conclusion of one mathematician out of millions and second, even said mathematician concedes that it'd be incredibly challenging since you need some way to manipulate natural sound waves, this sounds like a massive waste of money on something that wouldn't work. I was wondering if you can come up with some more efficient and cost-effective ways of dealing with natural disasters, given your clear commitment to dealing with them, maybe we can't deal with tsunamis and just have to accept that, but maybe there's something, after all, you are the one who said this. How do you recommend we deal with volcanoes and earthquakes, which in many cases cause tsunamis, maybe trying to reduce these could reduce the tsunami problem to begin with?

I will be establishing a climate planning council to address these natural disasters to prevent them from occurring in the future. I do not have all the available answers but I can commit to tackling this issue during my term.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »

2nd Debate

Hello my fellow Atlasians, this evening I am participating in the second presidential debate with Senator Scott.

Follow along here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=466085.msg8283667#msg8283667

I look forward to sharing my vision with you.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2021, 09:13:44 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2021, 09:23:20 PM by Senator Spark »

Change & Accountability

Richmond, Virginia

Hello my fellow Atlasians, do not fear the circumstances we've all been seeing in Atlasia over the past few months. This is the result of failed leadership, misguided policies, a lack of vision, and complacency in the game. I can assure you if elected President in a few weeks, that I will begin to rebuild Atlasia from the ground up and have an efficient game engine. I will work with the GM to have active and engaging events within the game.

We have seen time and time again how Labor gets elected and does not implement changes for Atlasians from across the political spectrum. I especially urge the voters of the Democratic Alliance to reject the Labor party. The Labor party does not have your best interests in mind. Scott is not the solution to our problems, he will exacerbate them. Change is well due and necessary in this time of need. I will not waver and I am ready for the task of being President of this great nation.

I can tell you the things that will change under a Spark administration. There will be no corruption or buying offices, there will be no inactive players in my administration, I promise to have frequent communication, and I will not settle for less when it comes to my agenda. If players become inactive without taking a LOA they will be fired from my administration effective immediately. We need to have a zero tolerance for a lack of activity, because the voters deserve our best. They expect us to get to work.

I have established a full cabinet after the recent acceptance of my running-mate CentristRepublican. We have the necessary personnel to enact a successful administration. How can we ensure that Atlasians have confidence in us if we have rampant lawlessness occurring before our very eyes? It is important to me that my Attorney General investigate the secessionist movement in Lincoln as well as any governmental corruption from previous administrations.

We need to clean up Nyman and that is what I will do within my first few weeks. I will ensure my administration is fair, balanced, communicative, and responsive. I will hold players accountable for their actions and plan to provide brief updates about my administration's progress on a multitude of issues if elected. These updates will occur on a weekly basis, and will include a presidential memo address.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2021, 10:02:39 AM »

Please see my below statement at the DA Convention regarding the potential endorsement of our ticket:

Statement by Federalist presidential candidate Spark
On the floor of the Democratic Alliance national convention regarding the automatic endorsement of our ticket.

Gentlemen, distinguished members of the Democratic Alliance, I recognize that you may have reservations about my past. But this election and my candidacy are not about the past, it is about the future. My firm commitment to you cannot be understated. I will not return us to the divisive campaign conduct of the past. I have learned and grown from my mistakes. I humbly ask for your confidence in both my running-mate and I. If you choose to decline my endorsement for President, that is your preference; but at the very least, I do hope that my running-mate can be considered for a vice presidential endorsement. The by-laws are clear that this ticket should be endorsed. Personal objections should not have any bearing on this endorsement because I will not repeat past conduct. If you look at my record in office, there has been an absence of any behavior for which you are expressing opposition.

Section 1. Automatic Endorsements

"A Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket running for an office shall be automatically endorsed, unless there is an objection raised by a party member against such endorsement, if they are the only candidate/ticket running in a single-seat election, or if the number of Democratic Alliance candidates running is equal to or less than the number of seats needed to hold a majority in such legislature in a multi-seat election."

You should know that I remain committed to advancing the mission, platform, and ideals of the Democratic Alliance. I have shown this not only my selection of a DA member, but through my partnership with Tmth and others during my time in the Southern CoD. Labor has failed not only Atlasia, but the DA by ignoring its interests and shutting you out from decisions that are made. I can assure you that this process will only continue. Regardless of our personal feuds and differences, I believe my ticket is worthy of the DA endorsement. We need to set this quarreling and senseless attacks aside for a better Atlasia. The Labor party will not bring an improved nation. I do hope that you reconsider and choose not to sever the bonds between the Federalists and yourselves by refusing to endorse the Federalist/DA ticket. It will have far reaching consequences in endangering the national relevance of the Democratic Alliance.

You may reach out to me publicly or privately for assurances that I will take the policies and wishes of your party into account in this ticket being the standard bearer.

Respectfully,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2021, 10:08:57 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 10:14:09 AM by Senator Spark »

Public request for a Vice Presidential debate

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I am calling on DDNN and Wulfric to host one VP debate. This VP debate could be held the week before the election is scheduled to occur on October 14,15 or a date on which the candidates agree. I believe that not only presidential candidates should receive an opportunity to express their positions but also our vice presidential candidates.

My VP nominee, in particular, has never held public office. I would argue this is a positive that my running-mate is not entrenched in the establishment. He deserves the opportunity to have his vision known and how he plans to support a Spark administration. On the other hand, I am experienced, understand the intricacies of coalition building, and the impact of wide scale legislation.

I do hope that the public will have a chance to learn the priorities of each vice presidential candidate in this race.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 11:04:12 AM by Senator Spark »

Intended Appointments

Today, I come before you with long awaited plans to appoint a revolutionary Space Council for our nation. I am committed to having bi-partisanship and ideological diversity on these councils to represent the interests of the nation.

National Security Council:

Scott, wxtransit will be retained

For the Space Policy Council of the Republic of Atlasia:

Fmr. Governor ReaganClinton
Governor Louisville Thunder

For the Climate Planning Council of the Republic of Atlasia:

S019
Fmr. President MB

For Debate Moderator:

Fmr. Councilor Wulfric

For Forum Coordinator:

TimTurner

For Press Secretary:

Senator Muaddib

In the event of a vacancy on the Supreme Court-

For Supreme Court Justice:

oakvale
Dereich
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2021, 10:34:05 AM »

No one is going to join all these councils. Creating unnecessary cabinet positions and committees will NOT increase activity. Please stop proposing these and expecting to get people engaged, because I know from experience that they don't.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2021, 10:37:36 AM »

Also, the Vice Presidency is more of an administrative position than anything. The VP does little more under the Fifth Constitution than open certain threads and break ties when necessary. I passed this along to Battista but this is really a silly idea.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2021, 10:41:53 AM »

Ted left Atlas a while ago.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2021, 10:59:43 AM »

No one is going to join all these councils. Creating unnecessary cabinet positions and committees will NOT increase activity. Please stop proposing these and expecting to get people engaged, because I know from experience that they don't.

This is ironic coming from a Labor candidate. There is no need for a climate council you say! This is a testament to Labor's "go it alone" strategy. We need diversity of ideas in this country. We can see a difference between our governing philosophies on display here, because I believe having additional councils will enable us to work smarter and put forward swift and comprehensive proposals as a result of these meetings.

We also need to appoint the correct people to positions. I will ensure ALL positions are filled within our government by nominating the most qualified and interested nominees.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2021, 11:01:08 AM »

Also, the Vice Presidency is more of an administrative position than anything. The VP does little more under the Fifth Constitution than open certain threads and break ties when necessary. I passed this along to Battista but this is really a silly idea.

This is right. But the VP also must be a key player in supporting the agenda and on executive decisions.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »

Replaced with Muaddib. As Ted has retired.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »

Response to Senator Scott's Statement

Statement on Councils and Cabinet Positions

This is frankly not something I should bother commenting on, but it has become an issue so I am going to make my position abundantly clear.

New special councils and cabinet positions do not increase activity. I know this because I attempted them twice as Northeast Governor and First Minister. The cabinet-holders become inactive and the positions are usually dissolved within two months.

Yes, I am against a climate council. No, I do not believe it is possible or worthwhile to investigate "preventing natural disasters". The issue of climate change requires international cooperation. But unless Senator Spark has a giant fan he'd use to turn tornadoes away from the coast, none of his solutions will change anything. The lack of funding and initiative in his ineffectual climate bills is proof of this.

Whether it's me, Spark, Cao, Peebs, or whoever wins this month, I wish to only continue the National Security Council - which exists specifically because much of what is discussed there is confidential. It is the Senate's job to fix these problems. I am firmly environmentalist and Spark's proposals accomplish nothing.

We can see here that Labor does not care to invite members of all parties together to solve an issue of mutual and universal importance. If Labor does not want to bring people together with these councils, how can we trust them to govern effectively? You see, Labor chooses to ignore differing viewpoints in favor of clinging to power. These baseless attacks on my climate initiative show how Scott ignores the importance of saving Atlasians' lives and safeguarding them from natural disasters. As an officeholder, I will seek to eliminate these risks by investing in research and development for new technological innovations.

This is the exact reason you should choose to support the opposition on October 22. Set aside your feelings about me and do the right thing by voting us into office. I promise you that on day 1, I will establish these councils and keep them going to confront many challenges posed to Atlasia.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2021, 11:12:46 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to: