Insensitive comments from SevenEleven
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:42:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Insensitive comments from SevenEleven
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Insensitive comments from SevenEleven  (Read 1517 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2021, 12:27:50 AM »

I was discussing things with the President-elect when he said this.

I can only read this two ways. Both are horrendous.
1) He said this as a joke and thinks Auschwitz is funny.
2) He means this seriously.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:46:25 AM »

According to people I've heard from, LT has made jokes about sending SevenEleven to a "German style camp" or something. This is not the president elect making tasteless jokes, but rather him citing comments made by his opponent. If anything, this is an indictment of LouisvilleThunder.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 12:48:00 AM »

According to people I've heard from, LT has made jokes about sending SevenEleven to a "German style camp" or something. This is not the president elect making tasteless jokes, but rather him citing comments made by his opponent. If anything, this is an indictment of LouisvilleThunder.
Saying that half the population (including me, mind you) wanted to send him to Auschwitz is extremely offensive.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 12:50:03 AM »

Saying that half the population (including me, mind you) wanted to send him to Auschwitz is extremely offensive.
These were real comments made by Louisville Thunder and they were very hurtful, not only toward myself, but also the victims of Nazi Germany and their survivors.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 12:50:13 AM »

If LT made such comments, that is similarly reprehensible, and most be condemned in no uncertain terms.

That in no way excuses what Sev said at all. Just because "someone else said something absolutely horrendous first" never means you are suddenly allowed to refer to one of the most infamous death camps that killed over one million people in jest. Never.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 12:52:22 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 12:55:44 AM by SevenEleven »

If LT made such comments, that is similarly reprehensible, and most be condemned in no uncertain terms.

That in no way excuses what Sev said at all. Just because "someone else said something absolutely horrendous first" never means you are suddenly allowed to refer to one of the most infamous death camps that killed over one million people in jest. Never.

So what German style camp do you think Louisville Thunder was referring to, and which am I supposed to assume he meant when he asked for me to be 'liquidated" "in an oven"?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 12:53:45 AM »

What was referred to ‘in jest’ here? SevenEleven’s post reads as an expression of disgust, not humor.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 12:56:06 AM »

You are not arguing in good faith, Sev. You never do, so don't pretend to be nice and ask anyone from my 49% who voted for me to care about you feeling "fed up." Those remarks made in discord that night were meant to point out how you believe in punishing your political enemies.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 12:56:41 AM »

What was referred to ‘in jest’ here? SevenEleven’s post reads as an expression of disgust, not humor.
If it was only the first line I would be fine with it. LT said something insensitive too. I'm talking about Sev. Saying that every supporter of LT wants to send him to Auschwitz is not only overgeneralized idiotic bullsh*t, it's offensive.

Sev should step down over this. It's unacceptable.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 12:57:41 AM »

I never said that this was "justification" for Sev "joking" about anything. LT said that he wished Sev would be "eliminated by liquidating him" and that he should be sent to a "German style camp" [sic]. Sev wasn't joking around by saying that LT is Hitler or anything, he is, as Ses said, expressing disgust at a comment he made.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 12:57:42 AM »

He believes 49% of Atlasia is evil. You should know better than to blindly believe and embrace Sev's bad faith narrative.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 12:57:51 AM »

If it was only the first line I would be fine with it. Saying that every supporter of LT wants to send him to Auschwitz is not only overgeneralized idiotic bullsh*t, it's offensive.

I never said that every supporter of LT wants to send me to a German style camp. I said they voted for someone who did, and that is based on provable facts.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 12:58:36 AM »

oh and before the whataboutism, if Sev can provide a screenshot showing the comments he alleges I will also call for LT to step down. Joking about that sh**t is disqualifying. I don't care who it comes from.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 12:59:31 AM »

It’s nice to see weatherboy blatantly being a shill and hackishly trying to both-sides the fact that LT is going around proudly doxxing his political opponents with “but but labor candidate took offense at a Holocaust joke and therefore both sides are equally as bad!”

Pathetic, though no better than I’d expect from you.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 12:59:58 AM »

If it was only the first line I would be fine with it. Saying that every supporter of LT wants to send him to Auschwitz is not only overgeneralized idiotic bullsh*t, it's offensive.

I never said that every supporter of LT wants to send me to a German style camp. I said they voted for someone who did, and that is based on provable facts.
"49% of the population voted to send me to Auschwitz"

I sure as hell read it that way.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 01:00:41 AM »

So what German style camp do you think Louisville Thunder was referring to, and which am I supposed to assume he meant when he asked for me to be 'liquidated"?

Refer to my previous comment about the fact that I was not excusing the actions of another.

However, if you feel that the fact that someone else made a highly insensitive comment allows you to use the name of the place where millions of innocent people suffered IN JEST, then I have no words for you.

If you wanted to bring up the subject, the ONLY approriate response would be to state "remember those insensitive comments LT made"?

Not mentioning election results of a game and using that as justification to say people were sending you to a site where families, children DIED.

The fact that you won't immediately apologize for those comments but instead are trying to spin them is appalling. The same goes to anyone else justifying these comments or LTs.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 01:01:52 AM »

oh and before the whataboutism, if Sev can provide a screenshot showing the comments he alleges I will also call for LT to step down. Joking about that sh**t is disqualifying. I don't care who it comes from.

Nothing I said was a joke. These hurtful comments by my opponent were extremely offensive and disqualifying. My objection to them is not a joke. I would never vote for someone who made comments like that.

Nice to see you all have coordinated your response adequately! I hope you sleep well at night for defending this behavior.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 01:03:21 AM »

Wow this thread went even worse than I would've expected
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 01:03:32 AM »

I mean, 49% of voters did vote to elect a President who stated that SevenEleven should be be sent to a German death camp? How is that wrong?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 01:04:42 AM »

Nothing I said was a joke. These hurtful comments by my opponent were extremely offensive and disqualifying. My objection to them is not a joke. I would never vote for someone who made comments like that.

Nice to see you all have coordinated your response adequately! I hope you sleep well at night for defending this behavior.

Defending what behavior? In both of my replies I mentioned how reprehensible LT's comments were, and even admonished anyone trying to defend him. I expect the same full apology from him as I do you.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 01:04:50 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 11:04:08 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

There is no reason for you to expect any of my voters to care what you think or feel then.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 01:05:03 AM »

Look, all I ask is that you at the very least apologize for wording it in a way that can be seen the way I see it. You seem to not realize that it can be read any way other than your own. You asked later after this comment what my issue with Labor leadership is. This is it. The fact that you all seem to think that any other interpretation of a statement or a fact is bad and "being a shill".  It's that attitude.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »

I mean, 49% of voters did vote to elect a President who stated that SevenEleven should be be sent to a German death camp? How is that wrong?
Shut up hack.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 01:06:09 AM »

Defending what behavior? In both of my replies I mentioned how reprehensible LT's comments were, and even admonished anyone trying to defend him. I expect the same full apology from him as I do you.

I don't owe anyone an apology for being a victim of hate speech. What's wrong with you?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »

I knew the DA were eventually going to come up with a rationale for why doxxing is actually ok. I just didn’t expect it to be this pathetically stupid.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies