January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:00:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135070 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: July 11, 2021, 03:17:41 PM »

Things are going very well and sane and normal and HOW DARE YOU for this particular defendant:

A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that f—king bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »

So she's going with an insanity defense?

She remains an avid Trump supporter who can’t understand how or why any of this is happening.  At this point, "insanity" is in the eye of the beholder.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 03:28:37 AM »

A judge has released a rioter into house arrest, finding him too stupid to pose any major threat to society.

Doug Jensen, a QAnon conspiracy theorist who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 in support of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, was ordered released on home incarceration by a federal judge on Tuesday. Jensen, who was among the first rioters to enter the seat of the legislative branch of the federal government and chased U.S. Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman up the stairs leading to the Senate, believed that he was at the White House, which is the center of the executive branch.

U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly said that Jensen’s conduct was serious, but that the threat Jensen posed to the community could be mitigated through strict conditions of release. Under federal law, pretrial detention is supposed to be a last resort and implemented only when there are no other conditions that would ensure public safety.

Judge Kelly cited Jensen’s lack of a grade-school level understanding of the U.S. government in his decision to release Jensen. Jensen, in Jan. 6 videos that were released to the media on Monday night, repeatedly stated that he believed he was at the White House.

“This is me, touching the f--king White House,” Jensen said, with his hand on an exterior wall of the U.S. Capitol.

“Storm the White House!” Jensen screamed in another video as he panned up to the Capitol dome. “That’s what we do!”

Judge Kelly said that Jensen couldn’t have preplanned or coordinated his actions on Jan. 6 because Jensen “had no basic understanding of where he even was.”

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 01:18:21 PM »

The headline says it all.

A Capitol rioter's bail was revoked after he left his probation officer 'frightening' voicemails about the size of his genitalia
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 01:34:13 PM »

Barging into the Capitol holding a length of rope?  Sounds like a harmless tourist just innocently enjoying the sights to me!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 07:01:18 PM »

and therefore because it is not evenly divided, it is not bipartisan by definition.

Thank goodness nobody else uses that bizarre definition.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 11:24:22 PM »

Things are going very well and sane and normal and HOW DARE YOU for this particular defendant:

A Pennsylvania woman who allegedly stormed the Capitol and told a police officer to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that f—king bitch” has filed court documents claiming to be a divinely empowered entity immune from laws.

Pauline Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner, is accused of multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress after she allegedly broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6. Prosecutors allege that Bauer tried organizing buses to transport people to D.C. for a rally that preceded the riot, and that while in the Capitol rotunda she told police that she wanted to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

But in what experts describe as an inadvisable legal strategy, Bauer has demanded to represent herself in court, appeared to threaten a court clerk with prison time, and declared herself a “self-governed individual” with special legal privileges.

Bauer does not simply appear in court, she clarified during a June 11 proceeding via Zoom. “I am here by special divine appearance, a living soul,” she told a judge that day, while stating that she did not want an attorney.

“I do not stand under the law,” she said. “Under Genesis 1, God gave man dominion over the law.”

Things continue to go extremely well for Citizen Bauer of "Pennsylvania".

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 08:45:30 PM »

Mike Pence's middle name is Richard.  Not sure where you're getting "T" from, but then again, you are a self-described low-information voter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »

Mike Pence's middle name is Richard.  Not sure where you're getting "T" from, but then again, you are a self-described low-information voter.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/traitor

Ah, so you are a devoted cultist.  Thank you for clarifying, and confirming that you very much the lowest of low information voters.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 10:10:33 AM »

More schadenfreude, sponsored by MyTinyViolinTM:

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »

That’s the second time BRTD has done that to me in this thread.  I assume he has me on ignore.  Or (more likely) he tends to overlook other people posting things on his personal blog.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »

History won't look fondly upon Michael T. Pence, that's for sure.

History is already looking poorly at the entire traitorous Trump regime, including his obsequious toady VP.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

History won't look fondly upon Michael T. Pence, that's for sure.

History is already looking poorly at the entire traitorous Trump regime, including his obsequious toady VP.
The only confirmed traitors in the Trump administration were Bolton, Mike T. Pence, Cohn and McMaster.

That’s what it all comes down to for you, doesn’t it, Low Info?  Who was a traitor to Trump?  The country is more concerned about who acted as a traitor to the nation.  The guy who stirred up his cult followers to overthrow the nation's government and illegitimately remain in power fits that definition pretty squarely.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »

Yeah he said in another thread the T is for traitor because he claims Pence told the Secret Service to drive Trump back to the White House so he couldn't lead a peaceful rally that went into the night and allowed 6 states to have debates in the joint session.

He said it on page 6 of this thread.

Low Info Voter couldn’t have picked a more fitting username if he tried.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 07:14:11 PM »

Federal prosecutors said Courtright later told investigators that she was looking for a place to charge her phone inside and that she didn’t realize when she first went onto the Senate floor that she was on the Senate floor.

“As she went inside, she claimed that she was focused on turning her phone on and did not pay attention to what was going on around her. She did remember seeing a circle of law enforcement officers, people chanting, people trying to break things, and others telling them not to break things,” they wrote. “According to the defendant, after she entered she started looking for a place to charge her phone.”
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 08:13:45 PM »

Federal prosecutors said Courtright later told investigators that she was looking for a place to charge her phone inside and that she didn’t realize when she first went onto the Senate floor that she was on the Senate floor.

“As she went inside, she claimed that she was focused on turning her phone on and did not pay attention to what was going on around her. She did remember seeing a circle of law enforcement officers, people chanting, people trying to break things, and others telling them not to break things,” they wrote. “According to the defendant, after she entered she started looking for a place to charge her phone.”

Does she think we're stupid? 

I can't stop laughing at this story.
Smiley

"Seriously, Your Honor, it's just a coincidence that I went to the bank wearing my Halloween mask and carrying the toy gun I bought for my kid's birthday."

"Your honor, I honestly thought the Nike store was having a flash "Buy None Get Thirty Free" sale, at 11 o'clock at night, and I just got caught up in the excitement with everybody else."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 01:37:31 AM »

Why are we finding all this out now, from Rep. Cheney in the House, and not months ago from AG Garland and Director Wray?

Who is "AG Garland"?  Is he some sort of official in charge of justice in this country?  I'm not aware of any such person currently in office.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 09:45:56 PM »

Literally a grammar nazi:

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 08:03:19 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

Trump's habit of ripping up paper after he's done with it long predates any of his high crimes and misdemeanors, or even his presidency.  He was asked to stop doing it because presidential papers are required to be kept for the Archives, but obviously he didn't care because silly things like 'rules' and 'laws' are for other people.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 02:20:45 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 07:06:33 PM »

Standing before the jury Thursday, defense lawyer Bradley Geyer hoped his client would forgive him for the story he was about to share in the trial of five Oath Keepers charged with plotting to prevent the peaceful transfer of power on January 6, 2021.

When he met Kenneth Harrelson more than a year ago, Geyer said, the Oath Keepers member hardly knew of the institutions or processes involved in the certification of the 2020 election.

"He didn't know there was a House of Representatives and a Senate. He didn't know anything about the Electoral College," Geyer said, adding that Harrelson thought at the time it was a place where "politicians went to get educated or whatever."

Geyer professed Harrelson's ignorance in an opening statement defending him against charges he participated in a seditious conspiracy to interfere with the certification of the 2020 election and keep former President Donald Trump in power. In a half-hour address to the jury, Geyer argued that Harrelson was so disinterested in politics that he could not have had the intent to stop the transfer of power from Trump to now-President Joe Biden.

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald J. Trump
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies