January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:04:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 150
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 138993 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 13, 2021, 07:14:55 PM »

Federal prosecutors said Courtright later told investigators that she was looking for a place to charge her phone inside and that she didn’t realize when she first went onto the Senate floor that she was on the Senate floor.

“As she went inside, she claimed that she was focused on turning her phone on and did not pay attention to what was going on around her. She did remember seeing a circle of law enforcement officers, people chanting, people trying to break things, and others telling them not to break things,” they wrote. “According to the defendant, after she entered she started looking for a place to charge her phone.”

Does she think we're stupid? 
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #426 on: December 13, 2021, 07:30:29 PM »

Man I really enjoyed Cheney reading the texts that Laura Ingraham, Hannity, and Kilmeade sent to Meadows  on 1/6. We need more of that content!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #427 on: December 13, 2021, 07:34:52 PM »

Federal prosecutors said Courtright later told investigators that she was looking for a place to charge her phone inside and that she didn’t realize when she first went onto the Senate floor that she was on the Senate floor.

“As she went inside, she claimed that she was focused on turning her phone on and did not pay attention to what was going on around her. She did remember seeing a circle of law enforcement officers, people chanting, people trying to break things, and others telling them not to break things,” they wrote. “According to the defendant, after she entered she started looking for a place to charge her phone.”

I can't stop laughing at this story.
Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #428 on: December 13, 2021, 07:44:46 PM »

Smiley

"Seriously, Your Honor, it's just a coincidence that I went to the bank wearing my Halloween mask and carrying the toy gun I bought for my kid's birthday."
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #429 on: December 13, 2021, 08:04:06 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #430 on: December 13, 2021, 08:13:45 PM »

Smiley

"Seriously, Your Honor, it's just a coincidence that I went to the bank wearing my Halloween mask and carrying the toy gun I bought for my kid's birthday."

"Your honor, I honestly thought the Nike store was having a flash "Buy None Get Thirty Free" sale, at 11 o'clock at night, and I just got caught up in the excitement with everybody else."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #431 on: December 13, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2021, 09:02:34 AM by Torie »

Maybe there is a God, Just whom since the Civil War has done more to destroy the rules of the road and destroy the accepted norms of the public square which, when all when else fails, is all we have? Trump is the incarnation of evil. He needs to be in a cell for the balance of his execrable life, if there is some justice left on this Earth and an applicable statute to put him there, rather than a gap in the law that needs to be closed. And Liz Cheney is a profile in courage, redux. Sometimes the only honorable route, is to take this job and shove it route. Otherwise, one's life has no meaning and no purpose worth pursuing.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2021, 01:13:45 AM »

Why are we finding all this out now, from Rep. Cheney in the House, and not months ago from AG Garland and Director Wray?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2021, 01:15:58 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #434 on: December 14, 2021, 01:37:31 AM »

Why are we finding all this out now, from Rep. Cheney in the House, and not months ago from AG Garland and Director Wray?

Who is "AG Garland"?  Is he some sort of official in charge of justice in this country?  I'm not aware of any such person currently in office.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #435 on: December 14, 2021, 02:15:29 AM »

Even junior knew this was **** that needed to be condemned ASAP.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #436 on: December 14, 2021, 10:05:47 AM »

Wow! Bombshell! Today was the turning point. The walls are closing in on Trump. The beginning of the end. Trump is done. This time 💯%!

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #437 on: December 14, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »

From the D.C. Attorney General:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #438 on: December 14, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »

The above announcement is that the DC AG is suing the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys and their leaders under the KKK Act for their part in the insurrection.

On another note, I thought this was interesting:

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2021, 04:57:41 PM »

He'll find it interesting even though he fought to not have the investigation in the first place....
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #440 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »

Meadows voted in contempt of Congress.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2021, 12:09:53 AM »

I know that Bannon thinks he's being cute by getting his trial put off until July, and presumably Meadows' attorneys will follow the same playbook of delay, delay, delay.....but what is their brilliant strategy when their trials finally happen next summer and (in Meadows' case) probably late summer or fall? The trials themselves I gather are expected to go fairly quickly? Then when they are found guilty (presumably - it seems fairly slam dunk to me since they have no claim of executive privilege in a very serious investigation), they are each facing a year in prison. Joe Biden will be President until Jan '25 so no one will be there to corruptly pardon these treasonous, criminal lowlifes.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2021, 12:23:13 AM »

Hopefully the DOJ decision will go more quickly now that they have recently been through it once.

Meadows has a better claim to executive privilege in general than Bannon, but the committee is limiting the complaint to his refusal to talk about material he's already given them. So hopefully that doesn't matter.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2021, 05:10:34 AM »

I know that Bannon thinks he's being cute by getting his trial put off until July, and presumably Meadows' attorneys will follow the same playbook of delay, delay, delay.....but what is their brilliant strategy when their trials finally happen next summer and (in Meadows' case) probably late summer or fall? The trials themselves I gather are expected to go fairly quickly? Then when they are found guilty (presumably - it seems fairly slam dunk to me since they have no claim of executive privilege in a very serious investigation), they are each facing a year in prison. Joe Biden will be President until Jan '25 so no one will be there to corruptly pardon these treasonous, criminal lowlifes.

Perhaps they are hoping to hold matters off until republicans take over after the midterms. I'm Not 100% sure how it works, butI believe a congressional majority we can vote to vacate contempt charges that are pending. Their trial has an even chance of still being pending come January of 23,And even if not they will remain out on bond for appeal which will surely still be pending after the midterms.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #444 on: December 15, 2021, 06:20:28 AM »

This Commission gas to produce an indictment of Trump or else Trump is gonna claim victory like he did when NY Prosecutors didn't charge him instead with Whistleberg

Had Maxine Waters lead and Anita insurrection she would be in jail because she's black and she's a Rep, Trump isn't the Prez anymore he can be charged
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #445 on: December 16, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2021, 02:18:45 AM »

Not one name there is even slightly surprising.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2021, 04:20:27 AM »

Can't wait to see if MTG's public threats to the telecom companies have the intended affect. /s

In all seriousness, at least a few of them could be in serious trouble. I'm reminded of Swalwel's lawsuit against trump, Mo Brooks, etc. If they find texts from Brooks, for example, communicating with any Jan. 6th participant and/or talking about him planning to wear body armor (and I don't find this at all unlikely after what we've found out about Meadows this week), I'd be intrigued to see how that new evidence affects that case.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2021, 08:02:22 AM »

Good point here:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #449 on: December 16, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »

McCarthy is just dumb as hell.