January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:29:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135912 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 28, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »

Now that the truth is out there, will others (Meadows?) be willing to speak up? I'm not optimistic, but now there's some cover for them.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1076 on: June 28, 2022, 01:58:55 PM »

“Mike deserves it.”

—Trump, on threats to hang Mike Pence

“What about BLM?”

—Fuzzy Bear probably
kyc0705

« Reply #1077 on: June 28, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »

Trump threw his lunch at the wall. Hutchinson had to clean the ketchup off the wall. Hutchinson was aware of "several times" Trump had previously thrown his food or pulled the tablecloth off the table when he had had temper tantrums.

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1078 on: June 28, 2022, 02:00:00 PM »

"I hardly knew who she was."

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1079 on: June 28, 2022, 02:01:28 PM »

Trump threw his lunch at the wall. Hutchinson had to clean the ketchup off the wall. Hutchinson was aware of "several times" Trump had previously thrown his food or pulled the tablecloth off the table when he had had temper tantrums.

Ok, I laughed.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1080 on: June 28, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »

Note: this was from an unnamed witness, not necessarily Hutchinson.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1081 on: June 28, 2022, 02:04:03 PM »

Wow, Hutchinson is 25? Like, she was a senior aide to Meadows presumably straight out of college?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1082 on: June 28, 2022, 02:06:07 PM »

Wow, Hutchinson is 25? Like, she was a senior aide to Meadows presumably straight out of college?

She interned with Cruz and one other Republican first. Also, by December 2020, the administration was extremely short-handed as everyone was abandoning ship. That's not to say she wasn't qualified, but their need for people was quite strong.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1083 on: June 28, 2022, 02:23:50 PM »

You know, I ironically wonder if Clinton ever feels regret in conceding that gracefully to Trump. Not to the point where she regrets not having her supporters storm the capitol, but regret in the sense that she didn't seriously push for recounts in WI, MI and PA. I ask because given everything that's happened since the election and especially given the darning stuff that has come out of Trump today, I can imagine Clinton being like "Man, maybe I should've more open about requesting that PA, WI and MI be investigated and recounted to the fullest extents. Maybe it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but there might've been a small chance all of this could've been prevented had I just pushed for recounts in those states."
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1084 on: June 28, 2022, 02:27:34 PM »

You know, I ironically wonder if Clinton ever feels regret in conceding that gracefully to Trump. Not to the point where she regrets not having her supporters storm the capitol, but regret in the sense that she didn't seriously push for recounts in WI, MI and PA. I ask because given everything that's happened since the election and especially given the darning stuff that has come out of Trump today, I can imagine Clinton being like "Man, maybe I should've more open about requesting that PA, WI and MI be investigated and recounted to the fullest extents. Maybe it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but there might've been a small chance all of this could've been prevented had I pushed for recounts in those states."

There was a recount of the presidential election in 2016 in Wisconsin. Jill Stein pushed it.

I'm pretty sure Clinton has 0 regrets on behaving appropriately. It definitely wouldn't have prevented anything related to January 6.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1085 on: June 28, 2022, 02:29:48 PM »

You know, I ironically wonder if Clinton ever feels regret in conceding that gracefully to Trump. Not to the point where she regrets not having her supporters storm the capitol, but regret in the sense that she didn't seriously push for recounts in WI, MI and PA. I ask because given everything that's happened since the election and especially given the darning stuff that has come out of Trump today, I can imagine Clinton being like "Man, maybe I should've more open about requesting that PA, WI and MI be investigated and recounted to the fullest extents. Maybe it wouldn't have changed the outcome, but there might've been a small chance all of this could've been prevented had I pushed for recounts in those states."

There was a recount of the presidential election in 2016 in Wisconsin. Jill Stein pushed it.

I'm pretty sure Clinton has 0 regrets on behaving appropriately. It definitely wouldn't have prevented anything related to January 6.

Good point, for as much as I hate her personally I sure have to give her credit for acting in a much more mature manner than I assume many others would've in that situation.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1086 on: June 28, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »

Holy sh!t. Someone came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets with ketchup and I literally screamed at her and threw the plate of chicken nuggets at the wall. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f*****g f**k am I losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f*****g breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is like this. I can't lose to Joe Brandon. I want to be president and rule this country. I cannot f*****g deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, why did my attorney general Bill Barr tell AP there wasn't widespread voter fraud?? ? ? This is so f****d.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1087 on: June 28, 2022, 02:34:09 PM »

Good point, for as much as I hate her personally I sure have to give her credit for acting in a much more mature manner than I assume many others would've in that situation.

It would have made things even worse, if she claimed the 2016 election was stolen without any evidence.

Trump only did so because his ego doesn't allow it. He lacks maturity and self-awareness to do so. And a 76 year old guy is not going to change anymore. He has always been this kind of a scumbag for his entire life. That's just the sad truth.
LBJer
« Reply #1088 on: June 28, 2022, 02:36:38 PM »

This, and there's also the fact that, as Benjamin Ginsberg (who was one of George W. Bush's lawyers in the 2000 election battle in Florida) said in one of the previous Trump hearings, you don't make up tens of thousands of votes spread out over multiple states in recounts.  Given how intelligent and knowledgeable Clinton is, she had to have known that.  
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1089 on: June 28, 2022, 02:38:21 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 02:42:55 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It would have made things even worse, if she claimed the 2016 election was stolen without any evidence.

Trump only did so because his ego doesn't allow it. He lacks maturity and self-awareness to do so. And a 76 year old guy is not going to change anymore. He has always been this kind of a scumbag for his entire life. That's just the sad truth.

Mueller didn't INDICT Don Jr because he knew Trump had the pardon power and Don Jr got Anthony Kennedy to retire and he got Dirt on Hillary with meeting Russian Oligarchy at Trump Towers to get dirt on Hillary

Trump and the Koch bros and the NRA pours into Rs and are the richest people next to Oprah whom is Hollywood and unions that donate to Ds, you should know who he is, his is a LIAR, with Obama being from Kenya not Hawaiian

We already know it's a 303 map the blue wall is Secure because of the Insurrectionists you not gonna convince Trump voters

Have you seen the R users I am not talking about anyone particular their party is losing in the polls and they swear it's still a Red wave based on Approvals and they LIE
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1090 on: June 28, 2022, 02:46:54 PM »

They’re saying even Ken Starr thinks this was a smoking gun.

Garland needs to indict ASAP or Biden needs to replace him.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1091 on: June 28, 2022, 02:50:48 PM »

Holy sh!t. Someone came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets with ketchup and I literally screamed at her and threw the plate of chicken nuggets at the wall. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f*****g f**k am I losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f*****g breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is like this. I can't lose to Joe Brandon. I want to be president and rule this country. I cannot f*****g deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, why did my attorney general Bill Barr tell AP there wasn't widespread voter fraud?? ? ? This is so f****d.
This is art
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »

We are once again being reminded that we have a choice: Donald Trump and his enablers can be in jail, or we can have a Republic. This should not be a difficult choice.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2022, 02:57:09 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 03:00:37 PM by Tsarevich Alexei for IL SecState! »

No, no, no! You don't understand! Whatever some dumbass on Twitter with 2 followers posts in regards to useless culture war nonsense somehow is more important!

/s
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1094 on: June 28, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »

Although that may sound hackish, but one of Joe Biden's biggest accomplishments was to throw this guy out of office. I have a feeling people tend to forget how devastating it was.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1095 on: June 28, 2022, 03:05:34 PM »

Best line I've seen so far:

JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #1096 on: June 28, 2022, 03:06:23 PM »

Although that may sound hackish, but one of Joe Biden's biggest accomplishments was to throw this guy out of office. I have a feeling people tend to forget how devastating it was.

It is about the only reason I have strongly backed him despite disliking him very much. I strongly disapprove of his presidency (mainly related to Afghanistan) but would have to support him again.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1097 on: June 28, 2022, 03:08:02 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 04:31:04 PM by H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY »

So, to recap:

Trump knew attendees at the Jan 6 rally were armed, and Meadows and Giuliani knew days before that it might become violent.

Cipollone and others told Trump to remove language about fighting and marching to the Capitol for fear of legal liability, which he did not do.

Trump insisted on being driven to the Capitol after the rally and physically attacked a Secret Service agent who refused to do so.

Trump said that the rioters shouting to hang Mike Pence were correct and that Pence deserved it.

Mike Flynn refused to say whether he believes that the violence was justified or if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power.

Giuliani was discussing Oathkeepers and Proud Boys, and Meadows (at Trump’s instruction) was in contact with Flynn and Roger Stone the day before the attack.

Meadows and Giuliani both requested pardons.

Trumpworld figures have been pressuring witnesses not to testify.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1098 on: June 28, 2022, 03:10:52 PM »

So, to recap:

Trump knew attendees at the Jan 6 rally were armed, and Meadows and Giuliani knew days before that it might become violent.

Cipollone and others told Trump to remove language about fighting and marching to the Capitol for fear of legal liability, which he did not do.

Trump insisted on being driven to the Capitol after the rally and physically attacked a Secret Service agent who refused to do so.

Trump said that the rioters shouting to hang Mike Pence were correct and that Pence deserved it.

Mike Flynn refused to say whether he believes that the violence was justified or if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power.

Meadows and Giuliani both requested pardons.

Trumpworld figures have been pressuring witnesses not to testify.

LOCK HIM UP!

LOCK HIM UP!

LOCK HIM UP!!!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1099 on: June 28, 2022, 03:12:09 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 03:47:35 PM by Torie »

From a criminal standpoint, in my opinion the two standouts are:

1. Witness tampering. I assume we will learn more about that. If Trump was behind it, that seems to me to be a pretty clean case.

2. Trump disliking the idea that his crowd was having their guns taken away because he wanted them to March to the Capitol from the site of his speech, and "ordering" the metal detectors be removed. That combined with his text at 2:30 pm that Pence was a fail and incited the mob to attack the Capitol and then refusing to call them off creates a very disturbing set of dots. Why did Trump want them to have their guns if he had no anticipation that they would attack the Capitol? Was it even legal to carry guns in DC at the time?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies