January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135881 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2021, 03:02:48 PM »

... U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Harry Dunn argued that both the rioters and those who sent them should be punished, saying, "If a hitman is hired and he kills somebody, the hitman goes to jail. But not only does the hitman go to jail, but the person who hired them does."

Dunn continued: "There was an attack carried out on Jan. 6th and a hitman sent them. I want you to get to the bottom of that."

https://people.com/politics/capitol-police-officer-donald-trump-riots-hitman-sent-them/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2021, 03:06:05 PM »

The only thing that Rs don't have going aside from Redistricting is the Insurrectionists, we don't know how Married Females are gonna vote whom are always the swing group in the ELECTION

They can stop Minorities from voting but not Married Females from voting D whom are swayed by this

That's why the polls bounce around so much due to the soccor mom's and married females
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »

Can you imagine if that shameless clown Jim Jordan was on the panel?

I can't even. Jordan would have been attacking those officers and trying to impeach the legitimacy of their testimony. That's precisely why Pelosi excluded him from the committee.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »

I'm glad US Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell isn't walking a beat in the Bronx.  Roll Eyes

#BacktheBlue, right?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2021, 07:26:03 PM »

So many of these officers expressed shocked at being targeted racially or that the "thin blue line" flag was flying as the mob beat them. I am shocked that they don't understand the racism that exists in this country, how can you work in law enforcement and not understand that a large part of Trump's base is racist or that the "thin blue line" movement only cares about defending police when the brutality is aimed at black people.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2021, 07:34:51 PM »

January 6th was a dress rehearsal.

Republicans want to overthrow the government.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2021, 07:47:10 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

It's not gonna change the Southern Strategy that Trump is on right now, because Biden has the power to Prosecute Trump on Ukraine and as long as Trump doesn't has to testify, it doesn't affect Trump

It just resurrect the polarization that we see today, with North v South

Clyburn himself said Trump doesn't have to testify and he invited the riot

Also, it was an attack against the Capital and politics, it didn't affect our normal daily lives, the D's are gonna face polarization just like they faced during impeachment

But, the officers are heros, I was a security officer and I commend them, but just look at highlights

Remember the Insurrectionists were the Southerners themselves that still to this day love Trump

D's are still on track to loose the House and loose GA Senate and win WI, PA, AZ, NV, CO, MI, CA, NJ and VA
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2021, 09:58:20 PM »

Running 1/6 officers as Democratic candidates will be the equivalent of holding a dog bone in front of a rabid pitbull's face. They are going to do what you've forced them to do.

This is like a textbook victim blaming argument.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2021, 10:06:06 PM »

Oh, good, the nothingburger hearings have started!  Popcorn - check.  Bourbon - check.  I'm ready!

I'm sure you still want Benghazi hearings though.

Grumps is still waiting for Hillary to be indicted for her emails.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2021, 01:54:46 AM »

Just remember that Clyburn said that Trump doesn't have to testify as a former Prez we are in a polarized Environment, the Biden already has 60% Approvals in the 304 blue wall and Trump and DeSantis have 60% Approvals, in the South, the Insurrectionists love Trump and so do Southerners based on the Southern Strategy, I am a realist, it's not gonna depolarize the Environment we are already in because the 3rd insurrection is Voter Suppression in the South, the second one are Southern insurrection, let's take this Commission with a grain of salt

But, the officers are heros
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2021, 07:53:52 AM »

I can't even. Jordan would have been attacking those officers and trying to impeach the legitimacy of their testimony. That's precisely why Pelosi excluded him from the committee.

My partner and I actually watched that clip, and I noted that going discursively shrill was not the most skillful way to evade a question. Dan, who is not that political outside his "zone," asked me what I thought of Jordon. I said that he was "utterly loathsome." Dan who is not used to that kind of terminology from me, was kind of surprised, and said so do I! We then changed the channel. Enough is enough.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2021, 04:25:51 PM »

Another case of credit where credit is due on the Republican side.  Read the whole exchange.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2021, 06:26:07 PM »

Another case of credit where credit is due on the Republican side.  Read the whole exchange.

(If you read the entire exchange.)
Why is it that every trump cult supporter or conservative, needs to compare what Americans do or have right to, to "illegal aliens."
They are totally obsessed with citing or comparing everything to "aliens."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2021, 03:05:11 AM »

Former New York State Senate candidate Daniel Christmann became the latest person to be charged for the riots.

A former New York state Senate candidate is facing four charges in connection to his alleged role in the Jan. 6 riot, CNBC reported.

Daniel Christmann was arrested on Wednesday in Brooklyn and faces charges of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or ground; disorderly conduct in a Capitol building; and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

According to a federal criminal complaint, videos and screenshots made under Christmann’s Instagram account “dannyforsenate” appeared to show different areas of the Capitol on Jan. 6 when supporters of former President Trump swarmed the building.

Daniel Christmann was the nominee for the New Moderate Party in SD-18, losing to Julia Salazar, and and was a candidate for the Libertarian nomination for President in 2020, losing to Jo Jorgensen.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2021, 04:00:27 AM »

It is best for himself that he was not on that panel. There is simply no more potential to spin this case into something innocuous for Trump.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2021, 04:13:09 AM »

So many of these officers expressed shocked at being targeted racially or that the "thin blue line" flag was flying as the mob beat them. I am shocked that they don't understand the racism that exists in this country, how can you work in law enforcement and not understand that a large part of Trump's base is racist or that the "thin blue line" movement only cares about defending police when the brutality is aimed at black people.

I doubt that the Capitol Police and other police on duty at the Capitol expected anything like this. This violent effort to nullify an election is something that happens in other countries -- not America.

The vast majority of people who visit the Capitol do so in respect and awe of Congress and take little prodding to avoid any slight deviation in protocol. Until January 6, this may have looked like the easiest police work around. Nobody is going to do a drug deal in the Capitol. Nobody is going to try to use it as a refuge in flight from prosecution for garden-variety crimes. Violence is a rarity.

Most of us know the limits in interactions with police. Racial, sexual, and religious slurs are out of the question. Cops typically find some other technicality for prosecution. Attacking a cop is a good way to endure serious injury or even death, and even if one survives one faces a long prison term for doing so.

We have yet to see the harshest sentences, which will include those for assaults upon police. .   
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »

I doubt that the Capitol Police and other police on duty at the Capitol expected anything like this. This violent effort to nullify an election is something that happens in other countries -- not America.

The vast majority of people who visit the Capitol do so in respect and awe of Congress and take little prodding to avoid any slight deviation in protocol. Until January 6, this may have looked like the easiest police work around. Nobody is going to do a drug deal in the Capitol. Nobody is going to try to use it as a refuge in flight from prosecution for garden-variety crimes. Violence is a rarity.

Most of us know the limits in interactions with police. Racial, sexual, and religious slurs are out of the question. Cops typically find some other technicality for prosecution. Attacking a cop is a good way to endure serious injury or even death, and even if one survives one faces a long prison term for doing so.

We have yet to see the harshest sentences, which will include those for assaults upon police. .   

Insurrections and coups are supposed to happen in unstable third world countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia. They are not supposed to happen in stable liberal democracies with free and fair elections.

Trump and his cult are living in a fact free society and are spreading the big lie. You the right to your opinion, but not facts. Twitter and Facebook made the right decision to ban Trump, he is going to spread more disinformation about the election and another insurrection could happen after 2024 if he were unbanned.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2021, 12:01:35 AM »

I'm not sure how any of the above surprises many of you.  Most of the Republican cultists who go on about Blue Lives mattering don't do so because they actually care about cops, they use that political line as an outlet for their overt racism. 

Just wait, with demographic changes and more whites going into professional careers, I envision a national police force that is mostly minority in 20 years and then suddenly the GOP and FoxNews will no longer care about Blue Lives. 

I already hear the right wing crying about how January 6 inmates are being treated horribly in jail and how the cop used excessive force on that woman who was jumping on the Capitol door like a rabid animal.  Amazing how they suddenly care about these issues.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2021, 01:10:52 AM »

I'm not sure how any of the above surprises many of you.  Most of the Republican cultists who go on about Blue Lives mattering don't do so because they actually care about cops, they use that political line as an outlet for their overt racism.  

Just wait, with demographic changes and more whites going into professional careers, I envision a national police force that is mostly minority in 20 years and then suddenly the GOP and FoxNews will no longer care about Blue Lives.  

I already hear the right wing crying about how January 6 inmates are being treated horribly in jail and how the cop used excessive force on that woman who was jumping on the Capitol door like a rabid animal.  Amazing how they suddenly care about these issues.

Minorities are already in the Police Force are work as Security Guards, and armed officers get just as much or almost as a Police Guard like in state jobs or Campus Patrol

Blks are never going to be the majority in Police due to face the Cops come straight out of military

Again, users miss the point, Blacks and Latinos work on minimum wage jobs as Security Guards 10.00 an hr, it sure beats working in a minimum wage factory or retail store
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2021, 01:16:29 AM »

I'm not sure how any of the above surprises many of you.  Most of the Republican cultists who go on about Blue Lives mattering don't do so because they actually care about cops, they use that political line as an outlet for their overt racism.  

I already hear the right wing crying about how January 6 inmates are being treated horribly in jail and how the cop used excessive force on that woman who was jumping on the Capitol door like a rabid animal.  Amazing how they suddenly care about these issues.

I agree, but it's still amazing to see such a huge drop in viewership on Fox, as pointed to by Runeghost.
The NutJob conservatives who watch Fox are totally in denial about facts on what took place on the ground at the Capitol.
I guess if they don't hear/see it, then it really didn't happen ... fAke nEWs.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2021, 01:43:36 AM »

Gaetz, Greene and Gohmert turned away from jail to visit Jan. 6 defendants

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/565562-gop-reps-gaetz-green-and-gohmert-turned-away-from-jail-to-visit-jan-6
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2021, 02:13:27 AM »

The gall of this group of G-named gross GOPers galivanting to meet greatly idiotic green members of the chain gang leaves one aghast.

No, I don't know why I decided to make this dumb joke
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies