alaska primary...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:26:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  alaska primary...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: alaska primary...  (Read 4851 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »

..is today.

will murkowski finish 3rd?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 12:15:47 PM »

Yo
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 12:27:10 PM »

i hope murkowski wins by the slimmest margins
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 12:39:16 PM »

no chance of that - he's toast
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

Yes, he will. I think I'd probably vote for Blinkey in this race after skimming over his website and Palin's but it looks like Palin will win this thing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

What everybody else said.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »

i support palin, obviously.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 04:47:28 PM »

I hope Murkowski wins the primary, I doubt he will though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »

Results can be found here - http://soaelections.gci.net/data/results.htm
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 10:53:16 PM »

Ooooo. Thanks Phil!! I'll have to keep an eye on that. The polls close in like 7 minutes.

I voted for Binkley. Figured he was more pro-Second Amendment.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 10:54:44 PM »

Are there any other exciting Alaska races, AKSaber?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:01:26 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2006, 11:04:43 PM by Senator jerusalemcar5 »

Polls closed!  Think throwing out Murkowski will get as much press as throwing out Schwarz did?  Or does the media still only want to label Democrats as "uber-leftist wackos"

EDIT; Just realized that may have come off as saying that throwing out Murkowski would mean Alaska Republicans as far right.  I didn't mean that.  Just that the Lieberman/Lamont race was disproportionately covered and spun.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:40 PM »

Polls closed!  Think throwing out Murkowski will get as much press as throwing out Schwarz did?  Or does the media still only want to label Democrats as "uber-leftist wackos"

EDIT; Just realized that may have come off as saying that throwing out Murkowski would mean Alaska Republicans as far right.  I didn't mean that.  Just that the Lieberman/Lamont race was disproportionately covered and spun.

Because, of course, Murkowski is as visible nationally as is Lieberman.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 11:11:41 PM »

Before renewed media coverage, I would say Lieberman was only slightly more visible.  So I agree with your sarcasm.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 11:17:34 PM »

I was wondering today why Mike Miller - Lisa Murkowski's 2004 primary opponent - didn't run for Governor. He seemed like he really disliked the Murkowski's so a run would make sense until I found out that he endorsed the Governor! I was just listening to his endorsement on Murkowski's site. He actually thinks the Governor is the only person who could beat Knowles. Has this guy lost his mind? His endorsement/reasons for supporting one of America's least popular Governors makes no sense!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »

Before renewed media coverage, I would say Lieberman was only slightly more visible.  So I agree with your sarcasm.

The dude was on the national stage nonstop for months as a VP candidate in 2000.  Murkowski is the governor of a state outside of the continential US.  There's no comparison.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 11:19:22 PM »

The dude was on the national stage nonstop for months as a VP candidate in 2000.  Murkowski is the governor of a state outside of the continential US.  There's no comparison.

Jack Kemp was only four years before that yet he too is fading from memory.  Lieberman was not a major player in that election and has done little to gain him attention in the last six years.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 11:21:06 PM »

and has done little to gain him attention in the last six years.

Except, oh...running for President.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 11:21:18 PM »

Jack Kemp was only four years before that yet he too is fading from memory.  Lieberman was not a major player in that election and has done little to gain him attention in the last six years.

1. 2000 was the most closely contested election in this country in the past 130 years, if not the past 200 years, if not ever

2. Lieberman formed a presidential campaign in 2004.  Kemp didn't.

Just to go you a hint, you're 100% wrong here.  If you'd like to keep fighting, go ahead.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 11:23:09 PM »

By the way, Jcar, turn on FOX. They are covering it.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 11:26:44 PM »

By the way, Jcar, turn on FOX. They are covering it.

Thanks.  I don't receieve it too well, but I'll try it out.

And Lieberman's presidential run was a joke.  He wasn't a frontrunner.  As noticeable as Carol Mosely Braun.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »

I was wondering today why Mike Miller - Lisa Murkowski's 2004 primary opponent - didn't run for Governor. He seemed like he really disliked the Murkowski's so a run would make sense until I found out that he endorsed the Governor! I was just listening to his endorsement on Murkowski's site. He actually thinks the Governor is the only person who could beat Knowles. Has this guy lost his mind? His endorsement/reasons for supporting one of America's least popular Governors makes no sense!

And you wanted that man to be in the U.S. Senate!  Thank God Alaska voters were smart enough to keep Lisa then but throw out Frank now Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 11:30:27 PM »

Murkowski isn't going down because of his ideology. Don't be dumb.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 11:31:23 PM »

And you wanted that man to be in the U.S. Senate!  Thank God Alaska voters were smart enough to keep Lisa then but throw out Frank now Smiley

I'd still support Miller over Lisa.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 11:33:23 PM »

Murkowski isn't going down because of his ideology. Don't be dumb.

Neither was Lieberman.  And check my edit.  I didn't want people to construe that.

Also, I don't get FOX News. Sad
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies