MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: MD-SEN 2024: Cardin retiring, Hogan IN  (Read 19211 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2024, 02:01:32 AM »

Trump has Maga supporters that mounted an insurrection during Biden I think that classify as racism according to people of color
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2024, 09:27:25 AM »

Trump has Maga supporters that mounted an insurrection during Biden I think that classify as racism according to people of color
6 is a smaller number than 20.
Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2024, 09:41:23 AM »

Well, he's done.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2024, 10:02:07 AM »

Hogan has a narrow advantage but his polls are going down
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2024, 09:30:47 AM »

I think she's got this.

Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »

Endorsements usually don't mean much to actual voters, but have we ever seen an entire party apparatus back one candidate so hard when another candidate who is an incumbent Congressman is also running? Feels like the deck is stacked against Trone at this point.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2024, 09:49:15 AM »

Endorsements usually don't mean much to actual voters, but have we ever seen an entire party apparatus back one candidate so hard when another candidate who is an incumbent Congressman is also running? Feels like the deck is stacked against Trone at this point.

Not that I remember, at least not when the opponent wasn't a sitting congressman as well (see Porter/Lee vs. Schiff, with the party officials largely backing the latter).
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2024, 09:53:51 AM »

We had another example two states over until yesterday.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2024, 09:57:34 AM »

We had another example two states over until yesterday.

Jesus how did I forget that one lmao
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #334 on: March 25, 2024, 10:06:57 AM »

And despite all that, Trone was still leading in the last independent poll that we got.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #335 on: March 25, 2024, 10:15:55 AM »

And despite all that, Trone was still leading in the last independent poll that we got.

We're six weeks away from the primary on May 14, and Alsobrooks is playing catch up.

Trone has been out there, spending a lot of money to boost his name recognition, to the point where's he is comparable to Alsobrooks.

She still has a chance for certain, but she's let Trone pull ahead.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2024, 10:18:54 AM »

Trone has already spent millions and he was only up 7 in the Wapo poll, which seems pretty bad for him. Alsobrooks though needs to start spending and really start to narrow the gap.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2024, 12:08:04 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2024, 12:40:39 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

His lead was only 7 points in that poll and Alsobrooks' ads just started going on air. That was also before his j*gaboo gaffe. He's not safe at all.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2024, 03:16:09 PM »

I thought Alsobrooks was favored even before, though the latest developments probably provide her an even better outlook. I think she'll make a great senator and give certain communities a voice at the national level. Overall Democrats are running a good bunch of newcomers to the chamber this cycle. Especially Alsobrooks, Kim and Schiff.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2024, 05:45:52 PM »

I imagine Hogan would rather run against Alsobrooks than Trone but I don’t know enough about her or about Maryland swing voters to say for sure.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2024, 06:29:24 PM »

I imagine Hogan would rather run against Alsobrooks than Trone but I don’t know enough about her or about Maryland swing voters to say for sure.
I read a single Politico article on the situation so I'm now basically an expert. Gonna go out on a limb and declare this race only lean D if Alsobrooks wins the D nomination, moving to lean R if Hogan can capture some moderate Murkowski energy instead of seeming as much of a generic R as he has been.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2024, 07:56:22 PM »

I read a single Politico article on the situation so I'm now basically an expert. Gonna go out on a limb and declare this race only lean D if Alsobrooks wins the D nomination, moving to lean R if Hogan can capture some moderate Murkowski energy instead of seeming as much of a generic R as he has been.

Hogan isn't up 12 a D internal had Hogan up 6 on Alsobrooks and tied àgainst Trone, I BELIEVE THAT POLL HE ISNT GONNA WIN BU 12
Spectator
United States

« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2024, 05:42:07 PM »

There is no reason aside from Trone’s self-funding to assume Alsobrooks is weaker than Trone. Alsobrooks does not present like a #Squad member at all if that’s the insinuation. She’s very much part of the Dem establishment.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2024, 06:10:53 PM »

There is no reason aside from Trone’s self-funding to assume Alsobrooks is weaker than Trone. Alsobrooks does not present like a #Squad member at all if that’s the insinuation. She’s very much part of the Dem establishment.

All black and brown Democrats born in 1970 and onward are Squad members I guess. I guess Hakeem Jeffries is part of the Squad now too, I guess.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2024, 06:42:27 PM »

She’s not a squad member, but she ran a pretty gross anti-white race-baiting ad.  And more importantly, she’s run a pretty incompetent campaign so far.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2024, 08:58:29 PM »

All black and brown Democrats born in 1970 and onward are Squad members I guess. I guess Hakeem Jeffries is part of the Squad now too, I guess.

I don’t get it. If anything, Alsobrooks is probably marginally more pragmatic than Trone is. Not that she wouldn’t vote with the D caucus 100% anyway though. Only difference is Trone would jump for the cameras for the annoying sound bites.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2024, 11:39:47 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2024, 11:43:01 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

Atlas users, from what I've observed, tend to have a bias against black women politicians and often view them as weaker candidates. For what reasons, I'm not quite sure.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2024, 11:53:32 PM »

Atlas users, from what I've observed, tend to have a bias against black women politicians and often view them as weaker candidates. For what reasons, I'm not quite sure.

In this case, I think it is about Trone's money.

If Alsobrooks is the nominee, the DSCC will probably end up having to spend a significant amount in one of the country's bluest states despite having multiple seats to defend in red and purple states.

If it's Trone, they can let him self-fund while they can focus on Tester, Brown, Rosen, Baldwin, Gallego, Casey and Slotkin, not to mention putting a bit towards offense in Texas and maybe Florida.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2024, 12:10:00 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2024, 12:26:26 AM by Roll Roons »

Another school of thought is that Alsobrooks may actually be the stronger candidate against Hogan because she can run on the prospect of being the state's first black Senator and one of the few black women in the Senate, while Trone would just be another rich old white guy in a Senate that already has a lot of them.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2024, 12:30:38 AM »

In this case, I think it is about Trone's money.

If Alsobrooks is the nominee, the DSCC will probably end up having to spend a significant amount in one of the country's bluest states despite having multiple seats to defend in red and purple states.

If it's Trone, they can let him self-fund while they can focus on Tester, Brown, Rosen, Baldwin, Gallego, Casey and Slotkin, not to mention putting a bit towards offense in Texas and maybe Florida.

The DSCC doesn’t need to spend a dime in this race. It’s basically fools gold like TN 2018 and MT 2020.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies