Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:38:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl  (Read 26209 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2021, 10:08:44 PM »

Age of Consent should be 16 but the other thing they’re going after him on is really bad

Uh...

The age of consent already is 16 in most states so

It should be 18 everywhere
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2021, 10:12:59 PM »

Remember that time Gaetz was the only one who voted against the human trafficking bill?  Cheesy

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »

Age of Consent should be 16 but the other thing they’re going after him on is really bad

Uh...

So, you're in favor of increasing the prison population and putting more 20 year olds on Lifetime sex offense registries?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2021, 10:30:49 PM »

Gaetz trying to blackmail Tucker, on his own shown, live on prime time, was incredible television. This is why he’s the #1 in cable news entertainment.
walleye26

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »

Interesting how Republicans spent the better part of 4 years claiming the Democrats had a huge pedo problem and so far it’s been high profile Republicans (Moore, Gaetz) who have run into trouble.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2021, 10:35:49 PM »

Uh...

So, you're in favor of increasing the prison population and putting more 20 year olds on Lifetime sex offense registries?

It's possible to both believe that the age of consent should be 18, and also that people who violate that, at least if only by a couple year difference, don't belong on a lifetime sex offender registry.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2021, 10:40:55 PM »

Uh...

It's possible to both believe that the age of consent should be 18, and also that people who violate that, at least if only by a couple year difference, don't belong on a lifetime sex offender registry.

Yeah, Romeo and Juliet laws are a good thing to have because horny teenagers gonna horny teenager. There’s a difference between a 17 year old girl and her 19 year old boyfriend versus a 17 year old girl and a 30-something man-child.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2021, 10:51:52 PM »

Uh...

When did I say this?

I don’t want creepy grown-ass men sleeping with teenagers. Romeo and Juliet laws are obviously different.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2021, 10:58:28 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2021, 11:41:50 PM by Crumpets »

There's never going to be one exact law that makes everyone happy when you have to assign an arbitrary age limit to something, and that goes for driving laws, voting laws, drinking laws, and age of consent. I'm far from an expert in this particular field, but personally I think a reasonable compromise is having 18 as the lowest age of content for any age difference between partners, and restricting sex where one person is under 18 to couples with an age difference of 5 years or less, maybe shrinking that number as the lower age goes down. But again, I don't want to be the staffer who writes the legalese for that bill.

I'm just speaking for myself, but I know I was not in a place to meaningfully consent to sex with someone significantly older than me when I was 16.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2021, 11:05:48 PM »

Maybe Qanon was right...but they just mixed up the parties.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2021, 11:13:01 PM »

It’s not a true forum until you get the age of consent debate
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2021, 11:19:09 PM »

I wonder how long this thread would be by now if opebo still posted here.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2021, 11:20:22 PM »

He just became frontrunner for the 2024 GOP nomination.

I wonder how the Q people will spin this as a smear or a positive attribute, given that being accused of being a sex pest is the most awful thing in the world to them, and the main thing that they're supposedly crusading against, as long as it's someone that they already don't like.

This is how they're choosing to spin it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2021, 11:31:57 PM »

I see Gaetz is gunning for the 2024 libertarian presidential candidate nom

Nah, he's obviously aiming to be the next Republicans Speaker of the House.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2021, 12:04:35 AM »

would bang matt gaetz over aoc for at least the good of humanity since at least there is no risk of either of their potential offspring *shudders at the thought of their offspring*
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2021, 12:05:36 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 12:14:46 AM by Roll Roons »

2016: The year when Congress lost Bob Dold, Chris Gibson and Richard Hanna, but gained Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs and Clay Higgins. Man, talk about an absolutely s**t trade.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2021, 12:15:59 AM »

I wonder how the Q people will spin this as a smear or a positive attribute, given that being accused of being a sex pest is the most awful thing in the world to them, and the main thing that they're supposedly crusading against, as long as it's someone that they already don't like.

If they really wanted to expose the derp state so bad, they should come and see Atlas for themselves.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2021, 01:26:19 AM »

He can share a jail cell with Rick Scott I guess.

Think bigger (of someone in FL).
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2021, 01:42:48 AM »

I wonder if Mile-High Forehead Matt ever took a trip on the Lolita Express?

Epstein. Trump. Gaetz. “When Florida sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

This seat is now going to be filled by an even more deplorable Trump sycophant who could make Batcrap Boebert and QTip Greene look, at best, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. How low can the Republican Trump Party Cult go before it finally hits rock bottom?
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2021, 02:00:48 AM »

I wonder if Mile-High Forehead Matt ever took a trip on the Lolita Express?

Epstein. Trump. Gaetz. “When Florida sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

This seat is now going to be filled by an even more deplorable Trump sycophant who could make Batcrap Boebert and QTip Greene look, at best, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. How low can the Republican Trump Party Cult go before it finally hits rock bottom?

Well if you accept the hypothesis that the GQP has become a death cult, I’d say roughly 1,412 feet below sea level.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2021, 02:06:01 AM »

This is a very important lesson for the kids, if you own up to your crimes it’ll be fine.

If Gaetz had confessed in November, Trump would have pardoned him already like Chris Collins, Duncan Hunter etc and they could be cruising mar a lago together right now. Because he didn’t he’s going to jail.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2021, 02:33:12 AM »

If they really wanted to expose the derp state so bad, they should come and see Atlas for themselves.

The derp state:

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2021, 05:23:39 AM »

This is a very important lesson for the kids, if you own up to your crimes it’ll be fine.

If Gaetz had confessed in November, Trump would have pardoned him already like Chris Collins, Duncan Hunter etc and they could be cruising mar a lago together right now. Because he didn’t he’s going to jail.
I hope Crooked H is his first visitor at the jailhouse. #LockHimUp
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2021, 08:29:30 AM »

Responding to all the criticism:

Maybe because it was because I was a bit mature for my age but when I was 16 I felt fine doing that sort of stuff. I never did anything IRL but I did some online type things with people and was always responsible about it. I always said my age upfront and made sure whatever jurisdiction they were in also had an AoC of 16.

I can see the point that probably I'm an outlier. I'm not trying to be self-aggrandizing here, I have been pretty mature for my age for a while. So I can see why a lot of you guys think I'm wrong, and perhaps I am. I'm mostly feeling this off of personal experience, and that's not exactly a good thing to base an argument on.
SAAuthCapitalist
Rookie
Singapore

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »

I don’t like Matt Gaetz but:

>NYT
>Feds

Find me two less trustworthy groups.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to: