Opinion of people who think “the South shall rot”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:08:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of people who think “the South shall rot”
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do think of people who think “The South Deserves it for voting Republican?”
Freedom people

Horrible people

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of people who think “the South shall rot”  (Read 1112 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2021, 06:22:49 AM »

This is a recurring theme I see time and time again. It occurs when a disaster strikes, like that snowstorm. Thoughts on it?
Saruku

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »

The Democrats who say things like that tend to be even worse than most Republicans.

And it's also pretty ignorant of political geography. Areas that favor one party still have plenty of people who vote for the opposite party. In particular, the South is still home to the majority of African Americans.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:29:48 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2021, 04:33:42 AM by Laki »

Georgia would like to have a word with you.

Delivering the senate majority to Democrats, being a critical swing state in the presidential election but sure, they shall rot.

I don't consider NoVA being "really" culturally part of the south, but VA without NoVA, North Carolina and Florida are all very close. South Carolina is also not that Republican anymore as it used to be, and is moving more & more into getting competitive but it is not there yet it seems. Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Eastern Texas all have a sizeable AA population on top of that too (and perhaps TN too, but i'm less sure about that).

-> People have the right to identify with whatever party they align with. It's not because some southern voted Republican or for Trump that he's suddenly a bad person and that they should rot.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 05:50:24 AM »

Anyone who thinks that way about any issue is incredibly stupid and are definite HPs. But in some cases, I think there are more steps to the logic than just South = Republicans = bad. I think broader stereotypes of Southern racist hicks play into it or they think all Republicans are racist or whatever. Still, incredibly stupid.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 06:29:17 AM »

I thought this was a Bronz thread
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 07:40:13 AM »

The Democrats who say things like that tend to be even worse than most Republicans.

And it's also pretty ignorant of political geography. Areas that favor one party still have plenty of people who vote for the opposite party. In particular, the South is still home to the majority of African Americans.
Didn’t Massachusetts elect a Republican for Governor even if not especially religious?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »

Usually from New York and always terrible
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 07:59:27 AM »

Jackasses, generally.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 10:14:47 AM »

Didn’t Massachusetts elect a Republican for Governor even if not especially religious?

Massachusetts has mostly elected Republican governors since the 90s.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »

Back in the 70s as a young lad in Oklahoma during the energy crisis there was a radio station that virtually every morning played a novelty song out of Texas called "Freeze a Yankee (drive 75 and freeze 'em alive)"

Don't know if anyone took it upon themselves to rework it for the recent troubles in Texas.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »

I wouldn't say that anyone "deserves it", but you do get what you pay for.

The good people of Alabama, for instance, chose to throw out the perfectly competent, capable and good man Doug Jones and replace him with a drooling moron who doesn't know how to spell his own name.  In doing so they chose to prioritize culture war and identity issues over the actual socioeconomic issues that have kept Alabama at the bottom of state ranking lists for so many decades (which Jones was focused on), so they don't get to complain if they stay at the bottom of those lists.

Jones wanted to improve Alabama's infrastructure, while Tuberville wanted to ban trans athletes.  If a natural disaster strikes Alabama and its poor infrastructure causes widespread misery, I'll feel sorry for them, but it'll be the same sort of sorry that I feel for my chain-smoking uncle when he gets lung cancer.  Or my cousin who thinks COVID is a hoax and refuses to wear masks, if she ever gets COVID.  Like I wish you weren't suffering like this, this sucks, but also you 100% brought it upon yourself.

Alternatively, if Jones had been re-elected and there was some sort of trans-athlete-related disaster that inflicted widespread misery upon Alabamans, I would expect far, far worse jeering and mockery and schadenfreude from Republicans, who are by and large far worse people than Democrats.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »

Massachusetts has mostly elected Republican governors since the 90s.
Like Romney
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 06:09:13 PM »

I disagree wholeheartedly!
There are plenty of wonderful FF blue precincts that must be saved.
We must protect our blue precinct allies, it’s only the red precincts that should rot.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »

If you are one of the people about whom this thread describes, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. HP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies