Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 01:53:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 58131 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 23, 2022, 09:35:39 PM »

Val Demings was leading in UNF poll 48/44
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #651 on: August 23, 2022, 09:37:33 PM »

Overall, not a terrible night…..Max Frost winning is a huge upset in FL-10!!! Fried bombed worse than expected, and my longtime friend won her judgeship! 2/3 ain’t bad! On to November!!!!
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #652 on: August 23, 2022, 09:42:35 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2022, 07:56:10 AM by TodayJunior »

Does Val Demings have any serious chance against Marco Rubio? I'm guessing no?
Uphill battle for sure, but if central Florida can turnout in record numbers, which it did tonight, and maybe a little help from Marco’s lackluster campaigning, she may get within 3, enough to make him sweat profusely…She ran in the wrong year though. But she’s not a bad candidate. She will outrun Crist.

I’d like to see her run against Tricky Ricky in 2024. Presidential year, larger turnout overall could help her win.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #653 on: August 23, 2022, 10:27:30 PM »

And he'll lose by double digits
oh for fricks sake, you people talk about florida as if it's a state that gave Trump a 30 point margin instead of a 3 point margin. Writing off Florida makes about as much sense as Republicans writing off Michigan, Neveda and New Hampshire.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #654 on: August 23, 2022, 11:19:20 PM »

And he'll lose by double digits

Probably not, probably somewhere between 3-6% imo, Fried wouldn't fair any better. She lost in a landslide it's not Crists fault he's more well-known and 400k more people voted for him. Maybe Fried should have run a better campaign, you half-wit twerp.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #655 on: August 23, 2022, 11:51:22 PM »

The NY 19 election just proved that R wave is DOA and users still think it's an R wave he won't lose by double digits Trump won FL by 3..

It amazes me how users are still DOOMER after another polling error the same polls had FRANCHOT winning the MD D Primary
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2022, 01:50:32 AM »

Uphill battle for sure, but if central Florida can turnout in record numbers, which it did tonight, and maybe a little help from Marco’s lackluster campaigning, she may get within 3, enough to make him sweat profusely…She ran in the wrong year though. But she’s not a bad candidate. She will outrun Crist.

Uh didn’t FL-10 just have some really poor turnout despite the competitive primary? Most of the high turnout in central FL was in R areas lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2022, 02:57:01 AM »

Uh didn’t FL-10 just have some really poor turnout despite the competitive primary? Most of the high turnout in central FL was in R areas lol

Do you realize that R turnout doesn't help Rs we lost  turnout badly to Rs in PA and Fetterman has been leading why because females are voting that's why your AZ prediction is wrong Kelly has an 80% chance of winning

We won NY 19 based on Females white females vote 55(45 D
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2022, 09:43:29 AM by TodayJunior »

Overall not really. I was heavily invested in my friends judicial race and the total vote was 150k (she got 99k), up from 120k in 2020. Could be a one off, but nevertheless more participation is always encouraging for democracy! Smiley

And as you all can see, I changed my registration (and avatar) to Democrat for the purposes of 2022….I had to in order to vote in the primary. Don’t be mistaken though, I’m not in love with either side.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2022, 08:35:42 AM »

Said in the primary turnout thread... Dems actually outdid their raw turnout from 2018 yesterday, which is very good news for them.

However, GOP still turned out more despite no statewide races (though there seems to be considerable amount of competitive/high profile down ballot races)

Given Rs are +1.5 I think in Reg now, it may equal out to about equal "turnout" wise for each?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2022, 10:32:56 AM »

Said in the primary turnout thread... Dems actually outdid their raw turnout from 2018 yesterday, which is very good news for them.

However, GOP still turned out more despite no statewide races (though there seems to be considerable amount of competitive/high profile down ballot races)

Given Rs are +1.5 I think in Reg now, it may equal out to about equal "turnout" wise for each?

We got clobbered in PA primary and Fetterman is leading because why females are voting for Rs in primary and voting D in GE that's why Ryan still has a chance too
Junior Chimp

« Reply #661 on: August 24, 2022, 10:49:29 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2022, 10:54:25 AM by 2016 »

Florida is actually one State where the Abortion will help Republicans especially with Hispanic Catholics. They don't like Abortion. Trump bumped up his Percentage with Hispanic Cathotics by 5 %
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/how-religion-abortion-will-affect-midterm-elections-florida-among-crucial-hispanic-voters

70 % of Hispanics in Florida are Catholics!!!
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #662 on: August 24, 2022, 11:05:24 AM »

Florida is actually one State where the Abortion will help Republicans

You can't actually believe this.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #663 on: August 24, 2022, 11:22:00 AM »

There is a reason Trump bumped up his Percentage with Hispanic Catholics. In most of the other States it will hurt Republicans but in Florida it will be more even.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2022, 01:06:27 PM »

There is a reason Trump bumped up his Percentage with Hispanic Catholics. In most of the other States it will hurt Republicans but in Florida it will be more even.

In 2018, 58% of Floridians supported abortion rights.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2022, 01:14:18 PM »

And in 2012, 55.1% of Floridians rejected Amndt. 6, which would've added explicit language to the state constitution providing that it couldn't be interpreted by the courts as protecting abortion rights broader than those protected by the federal Constitution, thereby conveying our reaffirmed support for the 1989 state Supreme Court decision upholding the pre-viability right to an abortion in FL as protected by the state constitution's explicit right to privacy that we'd added to it in 1980.

Florida really can't have historically been more clear on this.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #666 on: August 24, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »

And in 2012, 55.1% of Floridians rejected Amndt. 6, which would've added explicit language to the state constitution providing that it couldn't be interpreted by the courts as protecting abortion rights broader than those protected by the federal Constitution, thereby conveying our reaffirmed support for the 1989 state Supreme Court decision upholding the pre-viability right to an abortion in FL as protected by the state constitution's explicit right to privacy that we'd added to it in 1980.

Florida really can't have historically been more clear on this.

ackshually Ron DeSantis's approval rating that is a massive 9 points better than the R lean of his state will convert all Catholics in the state to hate abortion
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #667 on: August 24, 2022, 02:51:15 PM »

Most people I talk to are in the “mushy middle” on this issue. Florida is by and large a “moderate” state with some fringes on either side. Same with abortion, there’s the complete ban at conception on one end and partial birth abortion at the other. Right now, our right to privacy essentially protects abortion all the way up to birth, but the proposed 15 week ban isn’t exactly what I’d call fringe, but it is highly restrictive. Fetal Viability is a reasonable position I think a majority of Americans can get onboard with.

it’s a mixed bag as to which side ultimately benefits from the roe fallout IMHO.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #668 on: August 24, 2022, 03:11:29 PM »

Most people I talk to are in the “mushy middle” on this issue. Florida is by and large a “moderate” state with some fringes on either side. Same with abortion, there’s the complete ban at conception on one end and partial birth abortion at the other. Right now, our right to privacy essentially protects abortion all the way up to birth, but the proposed 15 week ban isn’t exactly what I’d call fringe, but it is highly restrictive. Fetal Viability is a reasonable position I think a majority of Americans can get onboard with.

it’s a mixed bag as to which side ultimately benefits from the roe fallout IMHO.
Yeh, it cuts both ways in FL!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #669 on: August 24, 2022, 03:14:25 PM »

Meanwhile...

Hello Charlie? This is not 2014 or 2018 when your State had more Democrats.

Calling out DeSantis Supporters "Haters" & playing the Hillary Clinton Deplorable Card sure will help you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #670 on: August 24, 2022, 03:23:35 PM »

Meanwhile...

Calling out DeSantis Supporters "Haters" & playing the Hillary Clinton Deplorable Card sure will help you.

Also playing Mitt Romney's 47 % comment card
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2022, 03:26:33 PM »

Yes, I don’t imagine Crist will do too well with … checks, Ron DeSantis supporters now!
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2022, 05:32:20 PM »

Meanwhile...

Does it change the trajectory though? It’s not like this is going to suddenly win over new people to Ron or vice versa. Now I personally think Crist is correct here, but it doesn’t move the needle. People who are voting for DeSantis are voting FOR him. People who are voting for Crist are voting AGAINST DeSantis by and large. The primary results alone prove that people wanted someone who can best beat Ron, which is probably not going to work here as it would in other states (trump v Biden)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »

Meanwhile...

Does it change the trajectory though? It’s not like this is going to suddenly win over new people to Ron or vice versa. Now I personally think Crist is correct here, but it doesn’t move the needle. People who are voting for DeSantis are voting FOR him. People who are voting for Crist are voting AGAINST DeSantis by and large. The primary results alone prove that people wanted someone who can best beat Ron, which is probably not going to work here as it would in other states (trump v Biden)
And yet with no Major Statewide Primary on the Republican Side Republicans outvoted Democrats 1,7M to 1,5M

If DeSantis is such a hated Human Being I would have thought D-Turnout to be even higher.

The Problem for Crist is he needs significant Crossover Support to win and comments like that will make it harder + he needs significant support from the NPA Voters (Gillum & Nelson won them by 10 Points in 2018).

Polls have shown DeSantis leading with Independents and now Democrats because of NY-19 and other metrics all of the sudden thinking they will change their mind.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2022, 05:57:23 PM »

The D's are ahead in AZ 6 and MI 10 and Cook has those Likely R and we don't know about AK that's good enough for me and Rs were supposed to win NY 19 the polls had it plus R 8

We still has 60 left in the campaign John James is supposed to win MI 10 and he is losing
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies