Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:26:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 55427 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2021, 04:33:00 PM »
« edited: April 29, 2021, 04:39:57 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

It's not just Trump country, he is running on the same ballot as Cuban Rubio and FL has a Cuban Embargo, but if CRIST runs he will be competetive, not Val Demings just like Beasley won't win, but we haven't had any polls from Quinnepiac University

Rs don't have a monopoly on IA, FL, NC, OH we won them before and will win them again, one of them will fall this election cycle when Ds lead on Generic ballot 47/42 just like Sherrod Brown won in 2018

Just like GA was an R state since 1992 and it finally fell. Don't forget Kellys won in AZ and KS red turf

Biden is at 53 percent approvals, danger zone for Rs in red turf
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »

It's not just Trump country, he is running on the same ballot as Cuban Rubio and FL has a Cuban Embargo, but if CRIST runs he will be competetive, not Val Demings just like Beasley won't win, but we haven't had any polls from Quinnepiac University

Rs don't have a monopoly on IA, FL, NC, OH we won them before and will win them again, one of them will fall this election cycle when Ds lead on Generic ballot 47/42 just like Sherrod Brown won in 2018

Just like GA was an R state since 1992 and it finally fell. Don't forget Kellys won in AZ and KS red turf

Biden is at 53 percent approvals, danger zone for Rs in red turf
Obama had close to 75 % Approval after his 100 Days in Office in 2009. Biden at 53 % is very bad.
You won't win anything in 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »

D's lead on Generic ballot 47/42 that's more than ENOUGH to win OH, FL, IA or NC, Obama lost 201o midterms as you recall

2010 isnot a good example
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2021, 09:41:01 PM »

D's lead on Generic ballot 47/42 that's more than ENOUGH to win OH, FL, IA or NC, Obama lost 201o midterms as you recall

2018 isn't a good example either. Democrats won't get 2018 Turnout Levels in 2022. Trust me on this!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2021, 09:14:07 AM »

2018 isn't a good example either. Democrats won't get 2018 Turnout Levels in 2022. Trust me on this!

I don't think DeSantis would lose even with 2018 turnout, tbh. That said, I expect turnout to remain relatively high by US standards for at least a few cycles to come. DeSantis is favored regardless, and high turnout doesn't automatically benefit Dems exclusively.
AlterEgo

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2021, 03:43:24 PM »

In a vacuum, I'd agree.

However...I think there will be a number of voters in the Democratic primary who are of the mind that, due to the closeness of the 2018 race, a white politician could have won the election and, therefore, may have "electability" concerns this time around with a black woman.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »

In a vacuum, I'd agree.

However...I think there will be a number of voters in the Democratic primary who are of the mind that, due to the closeness of the 2018 race, a white politician could have won the election and, therefore, may have "electability" concerns this time around with a black woman.
African American wasn't the Problem for Gillum. He was too liberal, endorsed by Bernie Sanders. That sunk him.
AlterEgo

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »

In a vacuum, I'd agree.

African American wasn't the Problem for Gillum. He was too liberal, endorsed by Bernie Sanders. That sunk him.

Nah, the D by his name was the problem in FL.

But, then again, I'm not discussing Demings for the GE, just the primary.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2021, 08:24:14 PM »

There will inevitably be a number of Democratic primary voters concerned about her past as a law enforcement officer too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2021, 08:38:56 PM »

CRIST is the only one that can win the Gov race, he can take Cubans away from DeSantis, Deming's can't
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2021, 11:03:39 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2021, 11:06:51 PM by Abdullah »

CRIST is the only one that can win the Gov race, he can take Cubans away from DeSantis, Deming's can't

The only thing that can take away Cubans from DeSantis is a strong Democratic party organization, voter outreach in both Spanish and English, and disinformation combating campaigns built up and consistently done several years in advance of the election (not to mention the price of this, if money is spent efficiently, probably would cost less than the biennial three-week-long ad blitz Democrats do in the state). Crist would fail if he can't do all of those things and more very, very well.

Also, Crist would probably do worse than Fried or John Morgan but that's just IMO. Does he have some personal connections to the Cuban community?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2021, 01:52:14 AM »

The only thing that can take away Cubans from DeSantis is a strong Democratic party organization, voter outreach in both Spanish and English, and disinformation combating campaigns built up and consistently done several years in advance of the election (not to mention the price of this, if money is spent efficiently, probably would cost less than the biennial three-week-long ad blitz Democrats do in the state). Crist would fail if he can't do all of those things and more very, very well.

Also, Crist would probably do worse than Fried or John Morgan but that's just IMO. Does he have some personal connections to the Cuban community?

You're not gonna convince me that's why we have Predictions, we won Red state AZ and KS, out it on your Prediction

I go by polls except for NH, last poll had it a tie, just like PPP had OH Senate race a tie
Change Research has Hassan in much better shape against Sununu than partisan polls

Users aren't gonna convince D's that it's suddenly an R friendly Environment and they trail on Generic ballot 47/42
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2021, 10:29:32 AM »

You're not gonna convince me that's why we have Predictions, we won Red state AZ and KS, out it on your Prediction

I go by polls except for NH, last poll had it a tie, just like PPP had OH Senate race a tie
Change Research has Hassan in much better shape against Sununu than partisan polls

Users aren't gonna convince D's that it's suddenly an R friendly Environment and they trail on Generic ballot 47/42

Generic ballot nationwide is irrelevant in a FL gubernatorial election. If this was remotely relevant, Gillum would have won in 2018, while Scott would have won landslides in 2010 and 2014 instead of 1% nailbaiters.
JMT

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2021, 10:50:50 AM »

Ugh. Dude isn't going to win.

Y'all are welcome to bump my posts in Nov. 2022 if he wins against DeSantis and call me an idiot.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2021, 11:02:18 AM »

Well, good luck to Demings running as a former House Impeachment Manager IN Trump Country. FL is Trump Country. Trump won FL by a bigger margin last year than George W. Bush in his Re-Election 2004. FL isn't a Swing State anymore.
[/b]
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? What reality are you in?

The Republicans gained two House seats last year and they were just 6 percentage points away from flipping FL-13 (which means that if Crist runs for Governor, it will be even easier to flip that seat). And Florida has elected Republican governors for more than 20 years. And the GOP even increased its majority in the FL House of Representatives that they controlled since the mid 90s.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »

I choose to believe that Olawakandi spoke this into existence.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »

Y'all are welcome to bump my posts in Nov. 2022 if he wins against DeSantis and call me an idiot.

The last Fzl poll had it tied, it's not 291 nevermore it's the 413 FREIWAL
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2021, 08:32:27 PM »

Well, good luck to Demings running as a former House Impeachment Manager IN Trump Country. FL is Trump Country. Trump won FL by a bigger margin last year than George W. Bush in his Re-Election 2004. FL isn't a Swing State anymore.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? What reality are you in?

The Republicans gained two House seats last year and they were just 6 percentage points away from flipping FL-13 (which means that if Crist runs for Governor, it will be even easier to flip that seat). And Florida has elected Republican governors for more than 20 years. And the GOP even increased its majority in the FL House of Representatives that they controlled since the mid 90s.
That doesn't answer that you said Trump won Florida bigger than Bush, that's just an actually wrong statement,
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »

CRIST: HE HAS RISEN
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »

mods better make this the title of the thread when crist announces hhaha
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2021, 11:57:22 AM »

mods better make this the title of the thread when crist announces hhaha
This!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »

Crist and Demings should not run.....
AlterEgo

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2021, 12:26:51 PM »

I have a hard time seeing Crist even make it out of the primary. He'd be completely DOA in a GE.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »

Crist should be a House lifer, Demings as well......

This race is Lean R/Likely R......

DeSantis wins reelection by 5-7 points
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies