OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 94970 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« on: March 16, 2021, 01:07:02 PM »

It's a Trump+8 state that is trending R in a Biden midterm. Sure, it could be single digits, but the chances of a Democrat winning it are very slim.
Ah, who am I kidding? Tim Ryan will win by being #populist because the Republican candidate will just be an establishment hack. Lean D IMO
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 07:36:39 PM »

Mandel could make this one close in the general. I don't think Tim Ryan can flip a Trump+8 state in a Biden midterm, but he could lose by only 2 or 3 points maybe.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 11:41:09 PM »

I really dislike Vance's campaign (at this point, I'm probably Gibbons > Dolan > Timken > Mandel > Ryan > Vance), but he has a point here. Certain states really are bizarrely slow in counting the votes, even compared to many quite poor countries.

California and New York are by far the worst offenders.
Georgia should also be up there. They are the first swing state to count votes, and even in 2016 the state was still called after Florida.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 09:24:37 PM »

I don't think a letter from the Ohio establishment will change his mind. The only thing that could possibly affect his thinking is that laughably fake poll Mandel pushed out today that Trump could take seriously.
He needs to endorse soon though; early voting has already begun for nearly a week now.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 02:07:19 PM »

Don't expect Cook or any others out there to move this out of "Lean R" because in their view, Vance is the "weakest" candidate of all. What is attractive to Republicans and right-leaning independents is now antithetical to what professional class liberal pundits view as a "strong candidate" so naturally, they are going to massively underestimate just how Republican Ohio has become.

There's a better case to be made for Oz being a weak candidate, because he actually does have a substantial portion of the R base disliking him, and it's unclear if that'll heal before November.
I feel like a lot of "experts" in the media will claim the Republican nominee will be the weakest no matter who it is. Trump could have endorsed Jane Timken and a lot of people would say that she was the worst candidate despite it clearly being Mandel.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 06:25:53 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies