Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:16:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26337 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 13, 2021, 07:41:34 PM »
« edited: January 26, 2021, 07:17:37 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

And the winner is...

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:41 PM »

OK so what abuse of power did the president-elect perpetrate while not in office yet?

Shh.  Don't confuse them with logic.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 06:48:28 PM »

Totally don't doubt it, but do you have a link?

This is the kind of stuff that theoretically should be able to sink her in a Republican primary. You'd think blaming the Bush Administration - - regardless of how unpopular he currently is even among Republicans - - of propagating 911 rather than those damn Muslim terrorists would be super unpopular in North Georgia, even in the age of qanon.

https://www.mediamatters.org/congress/qanon-candidate-marjorie-taylor-greene-911-conspiracy-theorist-who-claimed-theres-no

I believe she's also claimed at various times that the Sandy Hook and Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shootings were false flag operations.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »

Greene's hometown newspaper blasts her for being long on theatrics but not doing anything for her district:

https://www.dailycitizen.news/opinion/editorials/editorial-so-far-u-s-rep-greene-has-been-long-on-theatrics-short-on-substance/article_b4d56f97-0eab-5cf5-a35d-965255452b1c.html
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before being elected to Congress, a CNN KFile review of hundreds of posts and comments from Greene's Facebook page shows.
In one post, from January 2019, Greene liked a comment that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. In other posts, Greene liked comments about executing FBI agents who, in her eyes, were part of the "deep state" working against Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-democrats-violence/index.html

Greene needs to be expelled from Congress.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 06:21:25 PM »

If she's expelled, there'd be a special election, right?

Yes:

O.C.G.A. 21-2-543 (2010)
21-2-543. Special election for United States congressional representative vacancy

Whenever a vacancy shall occur or exist in the office of Representative in the United States Congress from this state the Governor shall issue, within ten days after the occurrence of such vacancy, a writ of election to the Secretary of State for a special election to fill such vacancy, which election shall be held on the date named in the writ, which shall not be less than 30 days after its issuance. Upon receiving the writ of election from the Governor, the Secretary of State shall then transmit the writ of election to the superintendent of each county involved and shall publish the call of the election.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-21/chapter-2/article-14/21-2-543/
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »

Changed the title to generic MTG craziness.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »

Possibly Kinzinger.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 08:30:03 PM »

If anyone ever wonders why I think the Republican Party needs to be burned to the ground:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 08:32:20 PM »

Greene is holding a town hall in Dalton tonight.  From a reporter in attendance:

Do you suppose she knows that members of Congress can't be impeached?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:52 PM »

I don't understand why Republican leadership would want to circle the wagons around Greene. There's no benefit to that that I can discern.

She is the best representation of their base. If they abandon her like, they lose votes.

GA-14 is always going to elect a Republican to Congress.  But I have to think there are some saner ones up there that they could choose.  Adam would know more about this than I do.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 02:03:27 PM »

I think she's mentally ill. That has to be the only explanation.

This is often said as a joke but I legitimately do have mentally ill friends who are far less unmoored from reality than this woman. I think mental illness is a part of the picture perhaps but it's a very insidious combination of things in America which is causing an increasingly large number of people to behave like her.

I'm very close to someone with multiple comorbid dissociative and psychotic conditions and she's nowhere near as far gone as MTG. Her oddest views are all just speculative Christian theological concepts. Mental illness is really no excuse.

I find some of her beliefs like "forest fires are caused by  secret space lasers built by the jews", " "Zionist supremacists are conspiring to flood Europe with migrants to replace the native white populations", "was murdered by  MS-13 henchmen on behalf of Barack Obama" or especially "it's perfectly fine to harass school shooting survivors because they're crisis actor hired by Nazijew Jewrge Soros" and "I like posting memes about murdering my fellow Representatives because they happen to be commie traitors" to be a little more worrying and/or weird than whatever fundamentalist christian weird crap she may believe in

A lot of these beliefs have no basis in religion.  They're just evil.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 03:41:52 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.

It's hard to find someone with a lower opinion of the GOP than myself, but I don't really see how her potential replacement could be worse. She is the single most deficient person ever to be elected to Congress.

There are worse possibilities who could plausibly win a Republican primary in GA-14.  Lin Wood jumps to mind.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:38 PM »

Read the linked post by Erick Erickson, in which my favorite part is:

The 14th Congressional District of Georgia could see the GOP run a dog turd between two slices of white bread and it would beat a Democratic candidate. The district is designed for the GOP to win. The district has come as close to having dog turd in office now and the GOP should work to find a better person for the next election cycle.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 08:28:22 PM »

The 14th Congressional District of Georgia could see the GOP run a dog turd between two slices of white bread and it would beat a Democratic candidate. The district is designed for the GOP to win. The district has come as close to having dog turd in office now and the GOP should work to find a better person for the next election cycle.

Gerrymandering is a cancer.

Agreed, but her district isn't really gerrymandered. NW Georgia is a CoI. A batsh!t crazy CoI but one all the same.

The one redeeming feature of the 14th: it gives those of us in the 9th some place to feel superior to. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23:15 AM »

Also:

Greene is very much like Trump, and a couple of ways they're similar is a lack of self-discipline and a thin skin.  As such, groups like the Lincoln Project find it easy to provoke them.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2021, 03:37:08 PM »

The Rome (GA) News-Tribune slammed Greene in an editorial this weekend.  I believe Rome is the largest city in GA-14, slightly larger than Dalton.   Meanwhile, the Dalton newspaper reprinted an editorial from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel calling her "a terrorist in Congress' midst".
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »

Fight! Fight!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »

The Bulldogs (UGA) ate his lunch a few times when he coached at Auburn. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 07:14:17 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2021, 06:59:04 PM »

Did MTG make rude remarks about Cubans or something? I can understand Gimenez and Salazar but Diaz-Balart is surprising.

Parkland?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 08:39:26 PM »

Can someone tell me where to find a list of those 11 Reps who voted in favor of Green's removal from her committee posts? Are those the same GOP legislators that voted in favor of Trump's impeachment?

It is not the same set as those who voted for impeachment, although there is some overlap.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »

So if CBS doesn’t have the “moral authority” to debunk the case (even though debunking of the voter fraud accusations has come from many sources not just cbs or even the news in general) what exactly gives Trump, Giuliani, or Fuzzy himself as a poster the “moral authority” to have the initial accusation of fraud be treated as remotely credible?

You guys are still engaging with Fuzzy?  That's a futile endeavor; just put him on Ignore.  A sad case of a formerly thoughtful and interesting poster who completely lost it.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies