Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:58:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26631 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2021, 05:59:45 PM »

What is your diagnosis Badger? Paranoid schizophrenia?. Most of these facially crazy types, I think fit more in the lean and hungry amoral performance artists category. Mirror, mirror on the wall, does MTG really, really believe the Qanon world view after all?

I still don't get the pedophilia grand unified theory of QAnon. Most of those folks don't play well in the sandbox with others. They are usually loners. How in the world did they develop the cohesion to rule the world behind closed doors?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »

The GOP (and yes, I'm holding the party as a whole responsible until and unless it boots her) are so shameless about this sort of thing because they believe that:

1) They'll never be held accountable under the law. (This will be particularly demonstrated if Donald Trump is not convicted by the Senate. I don't think most people understand how important his Senate trial is.)

2) That their victims and opponents will never sink to the same depths they will. (And they're partially correct. If we follow the GOP on its road to hell, we'll be destroying ourselves as well.

I suspect the Republicans overestimate the capacity of the rest of the nation to remain committed to democracy while tolerating their abuse.  To paraphrase Frum, when the American public are given a choice between unlimited Republican abuse and abandoning the Constitution, they will eventually abandon the Constitution.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:38 PM »

Read the linked post by Erick Erickson, in which my favorite part is:

The 14th Congressional District of Georgia could see the GOP run a dog turd between two slices of white bread and it would beat a Democratic candidate. The district is designed for the GOP to win. The district has come as close to having dog turd in office now and the GOP should work to find a better person for the next election cycle.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »

The 14th Congressional District of Georgia could see the GOP run a dog turd between two slices of white bread and it would beat a Democratic candidate. The district is designed for the GOP to win. The district has come as close to having dog turd in office now and the GOP should work to find a better person for the next election cycle.

Gerrymandering is a cancer.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »

I think the scariest thing about the Lauren Boeberts and Marjorie Taylor Greenes of the country getting elected to the House is that they are probably going to become more frequent new additions in future Congresses over the years. They're basically becoming generic, mainstream Republicans with how the party is going. Their leadership could put a stop to it, but are just too chickens*** to ever do so since these psychopaths are also clearly representative of their base voters who are only getting more and more radicalized as the right wing media they consume and live within the bubbles of quintuple down on their conspiracy mongering and persecution complex enabling. And those base voters also become potential future recruits for elections. It's a morbid sort of vicious cycle. And thus the country will remain polarized as basic objective reality continues to be a political issue.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »

Agreed, but her district isn't really gerrymandered. NW Georgia is a CoI. A batsh!t crazy CoI but one all the same.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2021, 08:28:22 PM »

Agreed, but her district isn't really gerrymandered. NW Georgia is a CoI. A batsh!t crazy CoI but one all the same.

The one redeeming feature of the 14th: it gives those of us in the 9th some place to feel superior to. Wink
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2021, 09:03:44 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2021, 10:01:23 PM »

They can't swear in on the Karen.

That's really what she said if you listen.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »

She raised 1.6m in a week from all 50 states lol

Well, yeah, there are a lot of genuinely bad people in this country. Similarly crankish and violent leftist candidates have raised a ton of money from small donors too, they just tend not to actually win races.

At the risk of being pedantic since you noted that such " similarly cranky and violent leftist candidates" usually don't actually get elected, can you identify even a single such failed candidate as a left-wing equivalent to MTG?

I was thinking of Cenk and his Armenian genocide denial, but even then there's the difference that he only believes in one violent, bigoted conspiracy theory, whereas MTG believes in seemingly every violent, bigoted conspiracy theory under the sun.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2021, 11:18:05 PM »

Well, yeah, there are a lot of genuinely bad people in this country. Similarly crankish and violent leftist candidates have raised a ton of money from small donors too, they just tend not to actually win races.

At the risk of being pedantic since you noted that such " similarly cranky and violent leftist candidates" usually don't actually get elected, can you identify even a single such failed candidate as a left-wing equivalent to MTG?

Who was that crazy Twitter guy who ran in WA-10, raised a ton of money, and got like 1,000 votes?

Also that LaRouchian who won a Democratic primary in Texas somehow a few years ago.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2021, 03:50:31 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2021, 04:43:02 PM by Badger »

Who was that crazy Twitter guy who ran in WA-10, raised a ton of money, and got like 1,000 votes?

Also that LaRouchian who won a Democratic primary in Texas somehow a few years ago.

Not familiar with the Washington dude. Such candidates like the larouche types seem to be more of a random sh**thappens event rather than an actual left-wing counterpart to qanon
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2021, 04:07:02 AM »

Not familiar with the Washington dude. Such candidates like the larouche types seem to be more of a random sh**thappens predominant drive in an actual left-wing counterpart to qanon
One of the best things ever is how LaRouche’s followers are so strongly committed to “scientific pitch.” Like, an actually important political issue to them is regulation of symphonies.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2021, 04:23:11 AM »

#JoshuaForCongress is who you're referring to from Washington. The big difference between him and the Greenes, Boeberts, and Cawthorns, is (aside from him having no support in the primary) that his candidacy was a scam to gain Twitter prominence. The rightwing extremists gaining success in the GOP have real agendas and they're committed.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:16 AM »

#JoshuaForCongress is who you're referring to from Washington. The big difference between him and the Greenes, Boeberts, and Cawthorns, is (aside from him having no support in the primary) that his candidacy was a scam to gain Twitter prominence. The rightwing extremists gaining success in the GOP have real agendas and they're committed.
What's odd is that afterwards they basically said "Yeah, my campaign was really garbage and I'm a horrible politician" and said they refused offers in other political-related stuff. (I'm using they because their twitter banner has a NB flag, so I assume they're NB now??)

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »

She said JFK Jr was "another one of those Clinton murders."
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2021, 11:21:02 AM »

Other conspiracies she wrote about include Pizzagate and antifa committing white genocide.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2021, 11:23:43 AM »

Are Clinton, Mossad, Israel all part of the pedophile conspiracy?
randomusername

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2021, 11:42:55 AM »

Ugh
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »

I am asking seriously: has anyone found any conspiracy theory Marjorie Taylor Greene DOESN'T believe?

Also, I just... she is so consistently vicious, crankish and hateful that she almost seems like a cartoon character.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2021, 01:48:40 PM »

I am asking seriously: has anyone found any conspiracy theory Marjorie Taylor Greene DOESN'T believe?

Also, I just... she is so consistently vicious, crankish and hateful that she almost seems like a cartoon character.

Probably the ones in the Black community like the creation of HIV as a genocidal tool or the assassination of PM Lumumba.
randomusername

« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2021, 01:50:07 PM »

Maybe she doesn't believe Ted Cruz's father killed JFK? Either way her response will inflame people.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2021, 02:28:29 PM »

I don't think anyone should be canceled (or booted from Congress) for liking a tweet or believing a conspiracy theory. Her words on video are pretty out there though. But I think something needs to happen post election to take that next step.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2021, 02:50:24 PM »

Was the Texas guy the one who wished Obama would develop a brain tumor on Twitter?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies