Will any member of Congress be charged over a role in the Capitol insurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:11:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will any member of Congress be charged over a role in the Capitol insurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will any member of Congress be charged over a role in the Capitol insurrection?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Will any member of Congress be charged over a role in the Capitol insurrection?  (Read 908 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »

I think the odds are pretty likely, there's pretty solid evidence against Lauren Boebert, Paul Gosar and Mo Brooks at least.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 07:43:04 PM »

These reports about them providing aid, telling them where to find leaders, possibly even removing panic buttons are extremely disturbing. If true, they should all be tried for TREASON. Boebert basically tweeted out her treason, that’s open and shut. The others, I can only hope they were just giving them tours as they would any tourists and didn’t know what they were going to do or give them specific help in doing it. But sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were actively helping terrorist traitors.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:54:07 PM »

Probably not, there would have to be truly ironclad evidence against them.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:57:24 PM »

They should be, especially Boebert, but I doubt it'll happen. There won't be enough support and too many will stick to the excuse of "it should be left up to the voters in their next election" as if many these politicians are even from competitive districts or states. There's a reason why they managed to get elected in the first place.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:07:24 PM »

They should be, especially Boebert, but I doubt it'll happen. There won't be enough support and too many will stick to the excuse of "it should be left up to the voters in their next election" as if many these politicians are even from competitive districts or states. There's a reason why they managed to get elected in the first place.

That's an argument against expulsion, not criminal charges. And that's never flied when it comes to charging members of Congress, see Duncan Hunter and Chris Collins.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies