Trump 2nd Impeachment News/Talk Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:37:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump 2nd Impeachment News/Talk Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 118
Poll
Question: Should Congress impeach Trump again?
Yes, and let Pence finish the term

Yes, and also Pence

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 347

Author Topic: Trump 2nd Impeachment News/Talk Megathread  (Read 163210 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: January 13, 2021, 06:54:08 PM »

The 4 abstentions are: Granger, Murphy, Webster, and Harris

I've seen at least one MD Rep hinting that they plan to redraw Harris out of his district if possible.

They texted "8/0" (referring to the MD districts) to a Congressional reporter, after Harris voted to object to the certification on the 6th of Jan.

Maybe this was an attempt to save his job?

Harris could have voted by proxy, like most members, if he really wanted to...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1626 on: January 13, 2021, 06:54:23 PM »

Can't wait for CNN to herald Trump's "new tone".
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1627 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:28 PM »

“Today is the day Trump became President”
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1628 on: January 13, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »

Turtle may simply be trying to control Trump through fear into acting sane on camera and not pardoning the terrorists. When the Senate resumes the trial after Biden gains power, he'll go against impeachment as "divisive" to humiliate Democrats right at the start of Biden's term.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1629 on: January 13, 2021, 07:22:39 PM »

Oh boy. Do you like "No True Scotsman"s? Trump's got plenty.

YouTube blocked his channel and he’s using this to get around it. The video should be taken down.

This was an apolitical White House statement that, while overdue, is still necessary in the days leading up to the inauguration. They should not take it down.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1630 on: January 13, 2021, 07:27:29 PM »

I'm kinda surprised McMorris Rodgers didn't go along with the rest of her delegation and vote yes.

I'm not. I've said for a while that she's the worst Washington representative, and I stand by that statement.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1631 on: January 13, 2021, 07:32:34 PM »

“Today is the day Trump became President”

They said that when he bombed Syria.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1632 on: January 13, 2021, 07:37:08 PM »

I think the OG "Day Trump Became President" was his first joint address to Congress. And from Van Jones nonetheless!

Zache

« Reply #1633 on: January 13, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »

is she even on the judiciary committee
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1634 on: January 13, 2021, 07:46:44 PM »

Anyone else think Greene might run for Senate or Governor (whichever Collins doesn't go for) in 2022?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1635 on: January 13, 2021, 07:49:18 PM »

Anyone else think Greene might run for Senate or Governor (whichever Collins doesn't go for) in 2022?

Yes. I find her as a joke.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1636 on: January 13, 2021, 07:50:13 PM »

Oh god I hope this happens, she'll give us a free victory.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1637 on: January 13, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »

At this rate, yes. She is the Georgia version of Kelli Ward. An unelectable fringe wacko.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1638 on: January 13, 2021, 07:52:45 PM »

I didn't know until now that Andy Harris, the lone Republican in Maryland's congressional delegation and by far it's most extreme member, was a medical doctor. It's amazing to me how people of such high professional qualifications, who should be the exact kinds of people to be appalled at Trump's lies, his conspiracy theories, and his denialism, can support him. I'll give him some credit for actually performing his duties, however; doctors are sorely needed in this time.

If this is shocking, don't look at any political position the American Medical Association has ever taken.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1639 on: January 13, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »

So I think he's not just the first President to be impeached twice (constituting half the impeachments) but I believe he's the only person to be impeached multiple times, period.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1640 on: January 13, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »

I'm kinda surprised McMorris Rodgers didn't go along with the rest of her delegation and vote yes.

I'm not. I've said for a while that she's the worst Washington representative, and I stand by that statement.

Newhouse voting for impeachment was extremely unexpected. Do you think the jungle primary played a role in his (and Herrera Beutler's) decision? It's hard to successfully primary incumbents in CA and WA, and Newhouse himself has survived right-wing primary challenges.

And the list is very interesting. Pretty much no one expected Valadao, Herrera Beutler, Newhouse, Gonzalez, and of course my hero Rice  Purple heart to vote to impeach. Fitzpatrick's decision was surprising as well.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1641 on: January 13, 2021, 07:55:37 PM »

I wish I could trust 17 Republicans not to fall for this bare minimum of insincere, generic bulls*** from that video. It doesn't undo the fact that he sicced thousands of ravaging supporters on the Capitol with the intention to intimidate, physically harm,  torture, and do whatever else to members of Congress. What else is it going to take?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1642 on: January 13, 2021, 08:00:42 PM »

Newhouse voting for impeachment was extremely unexpected. Do you think the jungle primary played a role in his (and Herrera Beutler's) decision? It's hard to successfully primary incumbents in CA and WA, and Newhouse himself has survived right-wing primary challenges.

And the list is very interesting. Pretty much no one expected Valadao, Herrera Beutler, Newhouse, Gonzalez, and of course my hero Rice  Purple heart to vote to impeach. Fitzpatrick's decision was surprising as well.

I don't see any way Herrera Beutler or Newhouse would get third place in the top two primary. While I don't think there's much of a chance of a R vs. R race in WA-03, there's always the possibility of one in WA-04, and Newhouse probably realizes he'd have a better chance of winning that if most Democrats voted for him in the general, so I suppose that's a possibility. He might also have just voted his conscience.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1643 on: January 13, 2021, 08:02:23 PM »

I wish I could trust 17 Republicans not to fall for this bare minimum of insincere, generic bulls*** from that video. It doesn't undo the fact that he sicced thousands of ravaging supporters on the Capitol with the intention to intimidate, physically harm,  torture, and do whatever else to members of Congress. What else is it going to take?

Trump's fate isn't going to be deciding by 17 senators, its going to be decided by one Turtle. If he approves, then there will be surplus votes. If he disapproves, its only gonna be Romney and a few friends.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1644 on: January 13, 2021, 08:04:05 PM »

Trump's fate isn't going to be deciding by 17 senators, its going to be decided by one Turtle. If he approves, then there will be surplus votes. If he disapproves, its only gonna be Romney and a few friends.

And that’s going to mean some promises for next session to him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1645 on: January 13, 2021, 08:04:57 PM »

Right, but I don't think I can trust McConnell either. I personally would urge him to satiate his bloodlust in wanting revenge for Trump (as he sees it) losing him his Majority Leader position of power. That ultimately is what I think is going through McConnell's head as much as his safety being compromised by Trump's mob of cultists.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1646 on: January 13, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »

You have to give the Cheneys credit for being consistent on terrorism and regime change.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #1647 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:09 PM »

3 killer lines in this short one.  Best is "The number 45 is linked to two big downfalls"!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1648 on: January 13, 2021, 08:42:25 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2021, 09:04:25 PM by Badger »

You know one other good thing about the impeachment vote? It finally gives us a solid quantifiable answer to the question as to what share of Republicans are unpatriotic Craven scumbags, represented by their members of the popularly elected house and presumably the Republican voters they represent.

Dividing 10 into 211, the answer is very simply "around 95%"

Around 95% of Republicans are Craven unpatriotic deplorables who value party over country. I am completely on board with the accuracy of this figure!
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1649 on: January 13, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »

Wrong Murphy nevermind!  Here's one no vote though.

I didn't know until now that Andy Harris, the lone Republican in Maryland's congressional delegation and by far it's most extreme member, was a medical doctor. It's amazing to me how people of such high professional qualifications, who should be the exact kinds of people to be appalled at Trump's lies, his conspiracy theories, and his denialism, can support him. I'll give him some credit for actually performing his duties, however; doctors are sorely needed in this time.

I’ve said this before but I have two uncles who are very conservative and doctors. One said Fox were traitors and too liberal the other is the only Brit I’ve ever heard say they don’t like NHS and are against a national health system. I have an aunt who a doctor who is about as libertarian as it gets and idolizes Jackson and Jefferson.

Not to mention Ben Carson.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 118  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies