Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:38:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 69678 times)
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2021, 06:02:01 AM »

yay, the former natural governing party might win 4% instead of 2%, THEY'RE BACK!
Labour is Isreali politics' best imitation of a zombie. Change my mind.

*snippity snip*

I love this. Thank you.

Purple heart

Why do all Israeli party logos look like they ripped them off the cover of a supermarket flyer tho
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2021, 06:47:36 AM »

I still need to kinda deal with the fact that Labour in recent polls have 5 seats.
Israelis love to procrastinate and then find a last minute solution no one really likes but everyone’s ok with. There’s no veil but lots of ignorance.

Noam (anti lgbtq) and Otzma are running together.

Labour primaries are today. 57 nobodies on 2 realistic places

The biggest names are fmr MK Omer Bar Lev, fmr MK Ram Shefa, fmr MK Nahman Shai and arguably Emily Moati and Gilad Kariv who are pretty big on leftist circles. My prediction is something like:
1. Michaeli
2. Bar Lev
3. Shefa
4. Moati (don't see a bigger woman than her running for the second spot in the top 4).

I hope Kariv can pass Shefa but that's just wishcasting.

Hnv- do you see the Israelis staying around at this point? I honestly don't see a point for Labour to merge with this list- Huldai will probably not stay around to be 2nd, and the rest of the list are even more nobodies than Labour's. I'd argue even Ya'alon recruited bigger names than Huldai. At least with Shelah it's just two people who can be placed in relatively low spots.
my careful prediction is Lazimi will finish above Moati.

Hard to tell. I think Michaeli will him and Karin Nahun a spot just to push Eran Hermoni back and have another woman. I definitely think this is the end to vanity personal parties. Huldai did an IPO, the market didn't value his stock highly, he should have took labour instead of starting a new one

Pushing out Hermoni would be good. Idk why but he annoys me.
Also really hope Moati beats Lazimi.
Moati has a lot of admirers, sadly for her most of them aren’t labour members. Lazimi has the old Peretz and Shelly camps behind her, along with some of the old guard. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s the “second lady”.

Telem drop out. No one cares
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2021, 01:08:23 PM »

Labour list:
Michaeli
Bar Lev
Moati
Gilad Kariv
Efrat Reiten (not joking)
Ram Shefa

From there unrealistic spots. Michaeli can drop in 2 people in the top 10
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2021, 01:21:14 PM »

LABOUR PRIMARY RESULTS:
1. Omer Bar Lev
2. Emily Moati
3. Gilad Kariv
4. Efrat Rayten (attorney and former children's star)
5. Ram Shefa
6. Ibtisam Mara'ana Menuhin
7. Nachman Shai
8. Naama Lazimi

I voted for places 1-3 and 6
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2021, 01:51:21 PM »

I'm not even center-left but Merav's determination has me rooting for her, what a woman!
warandwar
United States

« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2021, 01:56:38 PM »

LABOUR PRIMARY RESULTS:
1. Omer Bar Lev
2. Emily Moati
3. Gilad Kariv
5. Ram Shefa
7. Nachman Shai
8. Naama Lazimi

big contrast between 6,7, and 8 lol. Palestinian documentarian, IDF spokesman, LGBT Mizrahi activist
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2021, 05:06:40 PM »

LABOUR PRIMARY RESULTS:
1. Omer Bar Lev
2. Emily Moati
3. Gilad Kariv
5. Ram Shefa
7. Nachman Shai
8. Naama Lazimi

big contrast between 6,7, and 8 lol. Palestinian documentarian, IDF spokesman, LGBT Mizrahi activist
I’m pretty sure Lazimi is a straight woman. I know she just gave birth.

1 former colonel, 2 spokesperson for Balad, reform “Rabbi”, 4 former children starlet.

That’s a motley crew...it will be hard to find the difference with Meretz though atm. Could be a problem for both
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »

How did the Israelis collapse if they did collapse?
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2021, 02:15:04 PM »

Channel 13 Poll:
Likud 29
Yesh Atid 16
New Hope 16
Joint List 10
Yamina 10
Labor 8 (!!)
UTJ 8
Shas 7
Yisrael Beytenu 7
Meretz 5
Blue and White 4
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2021, 03:52:28 PM »

How did the Israelis collapse if they did collapse?
Going into an already crowded field. Huldai staying as mayor and the general discontent with party inflation that followed. I would also point to the fact that Huldai may be a stronger candidate for PM but voters realized he’s not going to be in a position to form a government in any scenario, so then what’s the point?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2021, 04:48:00 PM »

Who is the most likely non-Netanyahu PM? Lapid?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2021, 08:28:36 PM »

Who is the most likely non-Netanyahu PM? Lapid?
Sa'ar I'm pretty sure.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2021, 06:29:27 AM »

Dany Yatom's senior party dropped out. I guess they free up like, 3000 votes.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »

Three parties already submitted their lists today- Yesh Atid, Yamina and Kahol Lavan. That means they're running alone and won't get into any joint list (no Sa'ar-Yamina union). I suspect as KL sinks further and further below the threshold they might drop out, but they'll still be on the ballot and burn some votes.

Yesh Atid's list is pretty much all the MKs Lapid had left + party activists. The main new faces are two women- KL refugee Merav Cohen and former Kulanu Merav Ben Ari (biggest potential for an Orly Levy replay in 2021- she started off by attacking the Arab on Labour's 7th spot for not being Zionist enough and representing left wing positions).

Lapid clearly tried to fix this, but it's still a very man-heavy list. #2 is Orly Barbivai, Yesh Atid MK and the first woman major general, and there are 3 women in the top 5 (Barbivai + MK Karin Elharar + Merav Cohen, Ben Ari is 9th), but these are the only 4 women in the top 15. 4 no name women crowd places 17-20- the good old trick of "we have equal representation!" but most women are in the periphery of realistic spots (famously employed by Yamina in round 3). The first non Jew is in the 26th spot. 2 gays and 2 Russian speakers in the top 15.

Yamina's list seems like a recruiting failure. The first four are alright- Bennet and Shaked, the Mayor of Sderot and Matan Kahane, a fairly visible MK. The rest are a mix of clowns, nobodies and Jewish Home refugees (for some 2 or 3 of the categories apply). A healthy dose of homophobia from the 5th place, some religious zionist education figure.

KL has Pnina Tamano Shata second, making her the highest ranking black woman in a party polling above the threshold ever to my knowledge, but it's a list of mostly center figures who stuck with Gantz and I don't see them passing.

In other news, Sa'ar got an imho great recruit in Ofer Berkovich, leader of the centrist Jerusalem Hitorerut Party which basically represents the "pluralist" anti-Haredi coalition there. Pretty major figure in Jerusalem who almost became Mayor, a young face, but I don't see a lot of fanfare rn. I wonder if Sa'ar will keep slipping further and further at this pace.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:16 AM »

Three parties already submitted their lists today- Yesh Atid, Yamina and Kahol Lavan. That means they're running alone and won't get into any joint list (no Sa'ar-Yamina union). I suspect as KL sinks further and further below the threshold they might drop out, but they'll still be on the ballot and burn some votes.

Yesh Atid's list is pretty much all the MKs Lapid had left + party activists. The main new faces are two women- KL refugee Merav Cohen and former Kulanu Merav Ben Ari (biggest potential for an Orly Levy replay in 2021- she started off by attacking the Arab on Labour's 7th spot for not being Zionist enough and representing left wing positions).

Lapid clearly tried to fix this, but it's still a very man-heavy list. #2 is Orly Barbivai, Yesh Atid MK and the first woman major general, and there are 3 women in the top 5 (Barbivai + MK Karin Elharar + Merav Cohen, Ben Ari is 9th), but these are the only 4 women in the top 15. 4 no name women crowd places 17-20- the good old trick of "we have equal representation!" but most women are in the periphery of realistic spots (famously employed by Yamina in round 3). The first non Jew is in the 26th spot. 2 gays and 2 Russian speakers in the top 15.

Yamina's list seems like a recruiting failure. The first four are alright- Bennet and Shaked, the Mayor of Sderot and Matan Kahane, a fairly visible MK. The rest are a mix of clowns, nobodies and Jewish Home refugees (for some 2 or 3 of the categories apply). A healthy dose of homophobia from the 5th place, some religious zionist education figure.

KL has Pnina Tamano Shata second, making her the highest ranking black woman in a party polling above the threshold ever to my knowledge, but it's a list of mostly center figures who stuck with Gantz and I don't see them passing.

In other news, Sa'ar got an imho great recruit in Ofer Berkovich, leader of the centrist Jerusalem Hitorerut Party which basically represents the "pluralist" anti-Haredi coalition there. Pretty major figure in Jerusalem who almost became Mayor, a young face, but I don't see a lot of fanfare rn. I wonder if Sa'ar will keep slipping further and further at this pace.
YA at least fielded a list with a decent amount of ministerial material. Yamina looks depleted from 4th down, Bennett just doesn't get that this isn't a presidential system no matter how much Bibi acts as if it does.

Ok catch for Saar, I don't think it will move voters from the right but it's the internal game against Lapid.

*I find it weird to call PTS a "black woman", well she is of course Ethiopian but we don't use this term in Hebrew and I wouldn't want to import it here
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2021, 11:28:37 AM »

YA at least fielded a list with a decent amount of ministerial material. Yamina looks depleted from 4th down, Bennett just doesn't get that this isn't a presidential system no matter how much Bibi acts as if it does.

Ok catch for Saar, I don't think it will move voters from the right but it's the internal game against Lapid.

*I find it weird to call PTS a "black woman", well she is of course Ethiopian but we don't use this term in Hebrew and I wouldn't want to import it here

Oh yeah I should've said "Ethiopian". Quite different politically in Israel, but still notable.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2021, 01:31:01 PM »

Smotrich and Otzma's Ben Gvir reached an agreement to run together. Ben Gvir placed third, the representative of rabidly homophobic party Noam 6th.

New Hope list:
1. Gideon Sa'ar
2. Yifat Shasha Biton
3. Ze'ev Elkin, former major Likud figure
4. Yoaz Hendel, trojan horse
5. Sharen Haskel, libertarian darling from Likud
6. Benny Begin, former MK and son of former PM Begin
7. Meir Yitzhak Halevi, Eilat Mayor
8. Zvi Hauser, trojan horse
9. Michal Shir, former MK and Sa'ar aide
10. Hila Shai Vazan, former KL MK

Fairly unimpressive list. A nobody from KL in the top 10? Who's in places 10-15 which are currently realistic?
danny
Israel

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »

Fairly unimpressive list. A nobody from KL in the top 10? Who's in places 10-15 which are currently realistic?

11: Danny Dayan
12: Michel Buskila
13: Ofer Berkovich
14: Avi Ganon
15:Michal Diamant
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2021, 02:05:34 PM by jaymichaud »

Smotrich and Otzma's Ben Gvir reached an agreement to run together. Ben Gvir placed third, the representative of rabidly homophobic party Noam 6th.

Absolutely disgusting. There’s no depth these guys and the other usual suspects won’t sink to.

The court needs to disqualify Ben Ari and the leader of Noam immediately.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »

11: Danny Dayan
12: Michel Buskila
13: Ofer Berkovich
14: Avi Ganon
15:Michal Diamant

Lolwut? Figures like Berkovich and Dayan at these spots? Weird. they bring a lot more to the table than Vazan, Shir or the two trojan horses.
danny
Israel

« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2021, 02:22:18 PM »

She attacked her for specific actions and statements, not for some vague idea of "representing left wing positions". Specifically she attacked her for disrespecting the holocaust memorial siren. I don't know why this would be a left wing position (and which to me sounds insulting to the left).
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »

New Hope list:
1. Gideon Sa'ar
2. Yifat Shasha Biton
3. Ze'ev Elkin, former major Likud figure
4. Yoaz Hendel, trojan horse
5. Sharen Haskel, libertarian darling from Likud
6. Benny Begin, former MK and son of former PM Begin
7. Meir Yitzhak Halevi, Eilat Mayor
8. Zvi Hauser, trojan horse
9. Michal Shir, former MK and Sa'ar aide
10. Hila Shai Vazan, former KL MK

Oh, and their calling JH to join their list, so the Fascist ticket may not be final.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2021, 12:35:13 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2021, 12:48:58 AM by Parrotguy »

Bibi promised the 28th place on Likud's list for Smotrich's representative in exchange for uniting with the Jewish Home and Otzma-Noam. Benjamin Franz von Pappen Netanyahu.

She attacked her for specific actions and statements, not for some vague idea of "representing left wing positions". Specifically she attacked her for disrespecting the holocaust memorial siren. I don't know why this would be a left wing position (and which to me sounds insulting to the left).

This was a facebook comment I definitely didn't like and disagreed with, but it was infuriating to see that pattern of the mainstream media rummaging through the social media of a new Arab political figure to find anything that could doubt their loyalty. The first posts picked upon were just mainstream left positions lamenting the situation in Gaza but putting most of the blame on Hamas. The fact that this is what Ben Ari is focusing on is a bad indicator, especially considering she came from a party that was already a Netanyahu puppet.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2021, 08:52:08 AM »

Increasingly likely that Huldai drops out. Some tiny party that ran in the past named "Israelis" registered yesterday, I suspect mostly to troll Huldai. The only response of his party was that they were not going to run alone anyway. As good as over for them- a power move from Michaeli.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2021, 10:09:25 AM »

No unions for Labour. Shelah likely not running, Huldai still thinking but I doubt he runs. Michaeli played chicken with three men and won
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies