How will GOP voters view Trump 4 years from now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How will GOP voters view Trump 4 years from now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How will Trump be viewed by GOP primary voters in 2024?
A martyr who had election stolen from him

An idiot who blew an easy race

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: How will GOP voters view Trump 4 years from now?  (Read 2265 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:49:43 PM »

How will Trump be viewed in 2024 by GOP primary voters?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

option 2 most likely. But it's impossible to prudently speak with too much confidence.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 12:21:24 AM »

It'll be a mix of the two, but I think the first will easily be most prevalent among GOP primary voters.
Bickle
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 12:37:49 AM »

Republicans have a tendency to completely abandon president's they are embarrassed by.  Nixon and Bush Jr. being the most obvious examples.

As for Trump, he has such a strong cult of personality with the GOP base, that I believe by 2024 he could easily win the nomination if he were to run again.  The GOP establishment would try to stop him, but the base adores that clown.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 12:40:47 AM »

Republicans have a tendency to completely abandon president's they are embarrassed by.  Nixon and Bush Jr. being the most obvious examples.

As for Trump, he has such a strong cult of personality with the GOP base, that I believe by 2024 he could easily win the nomination if he were to run again.  The GOP establishment would try to stop him, but the base adores that clown.
They also have a tendency to turn against those that lost a presidential race.

Like Romney and to a lesser extent McCain.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 12:46:34 AM »

They’ll drop him like a rock, and instead of getting your collective high from talking about how Republicans are cultists, you’ll all move on to calling them hypocrites, and we’ll all be better off.
Bickle
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 12:49:33 AM »

They also have a tendency to turn against those that lost a presidential race.

Like Romney and to a lesser extent McCain.

This is true, but this election most of them think was stolen.  They were thoroughly convinced that Trump was  indestructible because he pulled off an upset narrow victory against Clinton in 2016.  Many of them are significantly more radicalized now compared to 2008 or even 2012.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 04:51:55 AM »

He will be locked up by then, as he damn well should be.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 04:53:04 AM »

They will continue to view him as the best president in American history.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »

Like Sarah Palin.

Still like her but secretly glad she is out of the spotlight.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 09:23:52 PM »

As if the Trump cult will abandon him.
redeagleofficial

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 09:26:36 PM »

Ideally the former.

Trumpism is undoubtedly the future of the GOP, and America First is inevitable. The things that held Trump back were the fact that he caved in too much to the GOP Establishment out of fear of being called names that he got called anyways.

The fact is, policy-wise, the 2016 Trump campaign made the Republicans the more "moral" party. I'm not talking about Trump's personal life or personality, but on a more policy-basis, the answer is yes. A party which stands up for the working class's interests in terms of trade, lower taxes for the middle class while closing loopholes and deductions for millionaires, and an opposition to endless wars is a moral party. These are winning issues, the problem with Trump in many privileged suburbanites view is that they could turn a blind eye to this based off of the fact that his personality was "crude" or something.

The 2024 nominee may have to not tie themselves to Trump too much in a general (DeSantis for example) in order to regain ground in the suburbs, however. DeSantis will have to get better on economics for him to be my first choice, but either way, he will be a contender. Tucker Carlson would be my first, though him running is a longshot at this point.
Urbanbluedog
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 09:28:55 PM »

Ideally the former.

Trumpism is undoubtedly the future of the GOP, and America First is inevitable. The things that held Trump back were the fact that he caved in too much to the GOP Establishment out of fear of being called names that he got called anyways.

The fact is, policy-wise, the 2016 Trump campaign made the Republicans the more "moral" party. I'm not talking about Trump's personal life or personality, but on a more policy-basis, the answer is yes. A party which stands up for the working class's interests in terms of trade, lower taxes for the middle class while closing loopholes and deductions for millionaires, and an opposition to endless wars is a moral party. These are winning issues, the problem with Trump in many privileged suburbanites view is that they could turn a blind eye to this based off of the fact that his personality was "crude" or something.

The 2024 nominee may have to not tie themselves to Trump too much in a general (DeSantis for example) in order to regain ground in the suburbs, however. DeSantis will have to get better on economics for him to be my first choice, but either way, he will be a contender. Tucker Carlson would be my first, though him running is a longshot at this point.

Wait are you really the Election Prediction youtuber Red Eagle Politics?
redeagleofficial

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »

Ideally the former.

Wait are you really the Election Prediction youtuber Red Eagle Politics?

That would be an affirmative--you must be new here. Welcome!
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »

Depends on which of the GOP voters you're talking about.

The never-Trump/pro-Biden GOP voters would absolutely view him as a loser and will either vote for an establishment republican in 2024 and beyond or never vote republican again for a few cycles.

Then there are some who will believe Trump is the actual president just like some viewed Hillary as the real president during the last 4 years. There was one celebrity I know of (correct me if I'm wrong but Bette Midler?) who treated Hillary as if she was the legitimate president.

Personally I could care less, a loss is a loss and a win is a win. Maybe the election could have a drastic change but I have my doubts.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »

They’ll drop him like a rock, and instead of getting your collective high from talking about how Republicans are cultists, you’ll all move on to calling them hypocrites, and we’ll all be better off.

They already are hypocrites too though.

I actually hope you’re right, in all seriousness, but I doubt it. You continue to have far too rosy a view of your party.
neostassenite31
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 11:05:09 PM »

Trump is a grandmaster at persuasion among post-2016 Republican base voters. If he can exert just some control on the narrative he should remain in good standing
Buzz

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 11:53:56 PM »

Trump 2024 babyyyyyyy
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 02:50:14 AM »

What about the option "Donald WHO?"
Red Wall

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 06:40:45 AM »

Their nominee.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 07:16:18 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 12:10:15 PM »

They are gonna have to move on, from Trump, he is gonna be indicated and Ted Cruz whom have the JFK and Father Cuban thing going on will be the nominee and they will lose again
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 12:20:38 PM »

He will be like a godfather holding control over his mafia group.
The GOP party members will be subservient to him behind the scenes and will know that just one tweet from emperor Orange could end their career.
He probably won’t run in 2024 because he will enjoy his power a bit too much and want to experiment with it by propping up the candidates who suck up to him the most. Let’s just say he will really enjoy being kingmaker.
He almost certainly also will own OAN. Trump will be the most powerful man in US politics until 2032.

GOP politicians across the board will either praise him, or perish. He will likely even deliberately sabotage the re-election efforts of more moderate GOPers just to prove his standing. They will view him with fear, like North Koreans view Kim Jong Un.

Meanwhile, GOP voters will be split 70/30.

30% or so will be disgusted with his obvious influence and will possibly defect over time, accelerating trends. Most in this category will suck it up for abortion, however.

70% will cling onto his every word, desperately trying to get as close to the great orange emperor as possible. They would likely sacrifice their first born child to appease the idol. It will take a catastrophic political election for the split to actually occur between the Trumpers and the GOP.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »

They already are hypocrites too though.

I actually hope you’re right, in all seriousness, but I doubt it. You continue to have far too rosy a view of your party.

Not rosy.  They want to win, and they’ll be ruthless to achieve that, including being hypocrites.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »

Both. Half will be option one, a quarter of the party will be of option two while another quarter has traits of both.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies