NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:10:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47925 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »

Several more Beasley endorsements (all from black women / AKA members in the U.S. House) - Underwood in particular stood out to me

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2021, 12:22:43 PM »

ENDORSED
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »

Several more Beasley endorsements (all from black women / AKA members in the U.S. House) - Underwood in particular stood out to me

Underwood is significantly younger than the others (she is in her early 30s, while the rest are in their 50s, 60s, 70s, or even 80s) and is likely-just as likely, if not more likely than Beasley, and far more likely than the others-to become a Senator herself one day.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »

Underwood is significantly younger than the others (she is in her early 30s, while the rest are in their 50s, 60s, 70s, or even 80s) and is likely-just as likely, if not more likely than Beasley, and far more likely than the others-to become a Senator herself one day.

Agreed - that's largely why I think her endorsement is the most interesting / notable
Lognog
United States

« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2021, 09:07:58 PM »

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/cheri-beasley-teams-with-controversial-missouri-rep-to-fundraise/

Let me point out that this century, Democrats have not won a presidential or Senate election in North Carolina, the only exception being the massive wave blue year of 2008. A year so great for them that they flipped House seats in Idaho and southeast Alabama. Though recent elections have been close, the state does appear to have a stubborn Republican tilt.

So why on earth does Beasley think it would be a good idea to fundraise with someone as toxic as f**king Cori Bush? Is she actually that dumb? This would be the equivalent of Chris Sununu fundraising with MTG.

it says a lot that you equate MTG and Bush

Yeah, Bush is far more radical (farther from the status quo) on economic issues than MTG, as she supports things such as national rent control. Not fair to equate the two

She might be far from the political establishment on economic issues, but certainly not far form the public view and what other developed nations have done. MTG is outwardly islamiphobic, backed the big lie, and was a Q anon supporter.

There is no way MTG is not the radical here
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2021, 09:11:59 PM »

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/cheri-beasley-teams-with-controversial-missouri-rep-to-fundraise/

Let me point out that this century, Democrats have not won a presidential or Senate election in North Carolina, the only exception being the massive wave blue year of 2008. A year so great for them that they flipped House seats in Idaho and southeast Alabama. Though recent elections have been close, the state does appear to have a stubborn Republican tilt.

So why on earth does Beasley think it would be a good idea to fundraise with someone as toxic as f**king Cori Bush? Is she actually that dumb? This would be the equivalent of Chris Sununu fundraising with MTG.

MTG is obviously worse, but it’s not exactly an unfair comparison by any stretch
Lognog
United States

« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »

MTG is obviously worse, but it’s not exactly an unfair comparison by any stretch

Literally how
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »

Literally how

Both are deranged, anti-Semitic, race-baiting demagogues who’ve made a schtick out of embarrassing their party with dumb, counterproductive comments in order to play to their party’s most extreme fringe factions while showing very little serious interest in actually trying to accomplish anything during their time in Congress.  
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2021, 12:46:52 PM »

Literally how

Both are deranged, anti-Semitic, race-baiting demagogues who’ve made a schtick out of embarrassing their party with dumb, counterproductive comments in order to play to their party’s most extreme fringe factions while showing very little serious interest in actually trying to accomplish anything during their time in Congress.  

Remember when MTG literally compared wearing masks to the treatment of Jews in the Third Reich? I struggle to think of anything Bush has done which even approaches that level of distastefulness
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »

You tube is showing very close races in AK, NC, OH and F
We don't know about Fink and IA
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »

Literally how

Remember when MTG literally compared wearing masks to the treatment of Jews in the Third Reich? I struggle to think of anything Bush has done which even approaches that level of distastefulness

And I said MTG is obviously worse
Lognog
United States

« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2021, 09:09:49 PM »

Literally how

Bush is in no way any of "deranged, anti-Semitic, race-baiting"
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2021, 09:32:32 PM »

I agree with Bibi it was a ridiculously stupid move. This race was Likely R but it’s Safe R. Make no mistake about it
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2021, 10:35:06 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2021, 10:43:01 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The race is Lean R for now but it can change in 500 days, Races don't stabilize for 500 days we need Afro American Senators VAL, Warnock and Beasley can win, we only lost NC by 1=5 and even if we lost it by 8, Brown won in OH after Trump won the state by 8 pts

Justifying a state can't change over time is inaccurate, as I said before we are gonna pick up WI and PA, but we need a wave in the H and winning OH, NC and FL will do it

Milineienial Moderate thinks that just because he says a race is Safe R makes it so, we all have been wrong before just like he was very wrong on GA saying that D's won't win two seats in GA

Perdue and Loeffler lost you said they're gonna win
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2021, 10:46:19 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2021, 10:52:26 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

I say OH and NC are tilt D, does that make you happy, I wave my wand and now it's a D state because Obama won it in 2008 and Cunningham was no good candidate, due to sex scandal, now there

I can play too

Changed it back to D from your Safe R
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:19 PM »

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #391 on: September 04, 2021, 08:57:16 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2021, 12:43:55 AM »

She won't win this race unless a poll shows her winning, Sabato has it Lean D and Biden Approvals are less than they're in 2020 when we lost NC by 1.5%
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2021, 07:14:44 PM »

Yep, she’s done

(Probably not, but I hope she is)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #394 on: September 05, 2021, 07:15:41 PM »

Yep, she’s done

Hopefully Jeff Jackson can up his fundraising, although it isn't likely to matter at this point. If it is indeed a red wave, as history suggests, no Democrat can win.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #395 on: September 05, 2021, 07:39:37 PM »

Potty Pat is currently favored to win the Republican primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »

Yep, she’s done

Hopefully Jeff Jackson can up his fundraising, although it isn't likely to matter at this point. If it is indeed a red wave, as history suggests, no Democrat can win.
[/quote

Lol it's not a Red wave unless D's lose MI, WI,bor PA and in the H, 6 Rs can be Redistricted out of Counakone and 3 each in IL and NY

I know you think Johnson will win but once the He gets going the D's will tie him to Proud Boys

D's don't have to win this race Pat McCrory will win the reason why it was close last time was Gov Copper

You see that EC map in 2020 that's our map for 2022 as well
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2021, 08:30:16 PM »

I know this seat is a stretch anyway so she won't be a problem, but Christ, I do not want to have to vote for her.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #398 on: September 06, 2021, 12:56:54 AM »

I know this seat is a stretch anyway so she won't be a problem, but Christ, I do not want to have to vote for her.
I'd prefer to see her get a judicial appointment from Biden and have Jeff Jackson run instead.

Then I'd like to have Roy Cooper run for the Tillis seat in 2026.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #399 on: September 06, 2021, 07:18:20 AM »

Well that’s disappointing. I know we’re not exactly going to get the most progressive person coming out of North Carolina, but opposition to the filibuster should be a litmus test for Senate Democrats moving forward. She’s run a very dry campaign and hasn’t really outlined a platform at all. So to see her go to bat for the filibuster is just bizarre.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies