PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:35:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290011 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5775 on: November 06, 2022, 09:43:48 AM »

oopsie.  Cheesy
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5776 on: November 06, 2022, 09:50:56 AM »

Oz has quite literally gone out of his way at every turn to make himself look out of touch and not like a real Pennsylvanian. At some point you just have to put the blame on him
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5777 on: November 06, 2022, 09:52:50 AM »

On the downside, the Phillies lost the World Series which will surely leave everyone angry at the party in power, much like the Indians in 2016.

If it makes any difference, *I'm* happy.  

Therefore you should vote for Fetterman. Wink
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5778 on: November 06, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »

Definitely sounds like someone who is feeling good about the state of the race in PA!

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5779 on: November 06, 2022, 04:49:43 PM »

I’m at a Shapiro/Fetterman rally in Bucks County now and the energy is great. Ashley Ehasz spoke and boy is she special. I doubt she wins but she would be an incredible Congresswoman.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5780 on: November 06, 2022, 04:58:30 PM »

I’m at a Shapiro/Fetterman rally in Bucks County now and the energy is great. Ashley Ehasz spoke and boy is she special. I doubt she wins but she would be an incredible Congresswoman.

Glad they're doing this rally tonight too. Bucks is probably ground zero for any possible ticket splitting, so better to be safe than sorry in a place like that.

I was canvassing today close in the Montco burbs for a bit and the one volunteer said they were seeing some Shapiro/Oz crossover voting. This area though is known to have ancestral Republicans though, so not really sure if they were the type of voters who are typically Republican and are only giving Shapiro a chance because Mastriano is too crazy, or they're legit closer to Democratic at this point and not a fan of Fetterman.

Still see lots more Shapiro/Fetterman signs on peoples actual lawns though. Any lawn that has Mastriano also has Oz. The GOP signs have definitely ramped up on public property throughout the county, but not as much on peoples own yards.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5781 on: November 06, 2022, 06:47:20 PM »

Not everyone needs to do big rallies, but *this* is your Bucks County event two days before the election?!

Crackerjack McJohnson
CrackerjackMcJohnson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5782 on: November 06, 2022, 06:55:08 PM »

Not everyone needs to do big rallies, but *this* is your Bucks County event two days before the election?!

I know you want to feel optimistic and all but rallies and all that stuff don’t matter anymore.  Biden didn’t leave his rumpus room and won 2020 election pretty easy all said and done.  Oz and Fettermen is gonna be one of those “into the weekend” races where CNN gets every penny out of their election graphics.  In a sane world they’d make Wolf Blitzer stay on his shift until every race is called with only salisbuy steak from the CNN cafeteria to sustain him.  I’m sick of that guy!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5783 on: November 06, 2022, 07:03:49 PM »

Rallies at the very least are a good way to spread your message, because everyone that goes to the rally may post on social media, talk about it with friends, etc. Having a table event with 10 people there, none of which are voters, does pretty much nothing for the campaign at this point in terms of voter outreach?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #5784 on: November 06, 2022, 07:09:06 PM »

Private dinners like that are usually a high-ticket fundraiser. It’s at the very least a WEIRD choice this late in the campaign.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5785 on: November 06, 2022, 07:54:04 PM »

Fox News and people who believe that John Fetterman is physically unwell are mishearing a viral video of Fetterman saying “I run on Roe v. Wade. Oz celebrates the demise of Roe v. Wade.”

citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5786 on: November 06, 2022, 08:06:50 PM »

Fox News and people who believe that John Fetterman is physically unwell are mishearing a viral video of Fetterman saying “I run on Roe v. Wade. Oz celebrates the demise of Roe v. Wade.”

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5787 on: November 06, 2022, 08:50:03 PM »

God, truly the worst. You can literally hear him say "Oz" and not "I." That sh** should be taken down for misinformation.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5788 on: November 06, 2022, 09:09:28 PM »

God, truly the worst. You can literally hear him say "Oz" and not "I." That sh** should be taken down for misinformation.

It could be under the new Kathy Griffin impersonation rule as Benny Johnson is impersonating an actual journalist.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5789 on: November 06, 2022, 10:56:46 PM »

Gaslighting is all they're good at, what did you expect?
syntaxerror
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #5790 on: November 07, 2022, 06:53:55 AM »

hate to be that guy, but did Fetterman cost Dem's the senate by not dropping out after his stroke? This seat was so winnable, Oz is near unelectable, but then Fetterman's ego messed it all up.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #5791 on: November 07, 2022, 07:21:00 AM »

hate to be that guy, but did Fetterman cost Dem's the senate by not dropping out after his stroke? This seat was so winnable, Oz is near unelectable, but then Fetterman's ego messed it all up.

I really don’t think that’s fair. No one, including Fetterman, could have known how his recovery would go at the time. The real mistake was doing the debate. Better to just take the hit of “cowardice.”
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5792 on: November 07, 2022, 07:35:47 AM »

I really don’t think that’s fair. No one, including Fetterman, could have known how his recovery would go at the time. The real mistake was doing the debate. Better to just take the hit of “cowardice.”

I think it’s fair. Lamb seemed like the establishment type that midterms tend to resent but however in this case Lamb would be well ahead IMO
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5793 on: November 07, 2022, 07:39:56 AM »

The reason polls show Lamb ahead in a hypothetical matchup against Oz is because he’s not the one the GOP spent the last 6 months attacking. Yes, he might be doing marginally better, and that could be enough depending on how close this race ends up being. But the race wasn’t lost the instant Fetterman won the primary, and it wouldn’t have been won the instant Lamb became the nominee.

That being said, I do agree that Fetterman should not have debated.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5794 on: November 07, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »

FOR THE 678TH TIME,

WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE LAMB WOULD HAVE WON AND WE NEVER WILL!

THIS HAPPENS LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME A CANDIDATE LOSES
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5795 on: November 07, 2022, 08:47:03 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2022, 11:11:07 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

I think it’s fair. Lamb seemed like the establishment type that midterms tend to resent but however in this case Lamb would be well ahead IMO

Again - I cannot believe the utter arrogance that it takes to say Lambchin would have won the general after he lost the primary by 30 points.

You don't see me acting this childish with Hassan or Pappas. I'm not fans of either of them, but I'm not going into threads weekly concern trolling about them. You don't see me bringing up Pappas lying about weed and student debt, and you don't see me pearl-clutching about how a vote 2 years ago will hurt Hassan now. You don't see me talking about a bunch of silent leftists who would sweep her over the finish line. In reality, the Sawx vote does not exist in New Hampshire.

This man got his ass beat in the primary and centrists still want to come on and advocate for their dogsh*t candidate weekly. And it's not even from people from the primary. These dead-enders weren't even there for him then! I didn't hear them a single peep from the #CenterOrBust crowd until Fetterman had long won the primary. I wasn't getting into debates with Alben or GMac or whoever. They were dead silent, even when Fetterman first had his stroke. They only struck when the progressive nominee looked wounded. When the fighting was actually happening, these people were nowhere to be found.

Because deep down, they know their candidate would have lost the primary. They know he's a bad campaigner. Because to these people bringing up Conor Lamb, six years of Senator Oz is an acceptable sacrifice to keep painting us as "unelectable".
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5796 on: November 07, 2022, 09:13:23 AM »

For what it's worth, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Shapiro will drag Fetterman over the finish line. My prediction has always been Fetterman +2 and that feels about right at this point.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5797 on: November 07, 2022, 11:06:53 AM »

For what it's worth, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Shapiro will drag Fetterman over the finish line. My prediction has always been Fetterman +2 and that feels about right at this point.
When you are justifying your predictions on coattails…it’s not happening.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #5798 on: November 07, 2022, 11:09:19 AM »

I don’t see any reason Lamb would or should be the replacement nominee. More likely they would find a stronger candidate capable of generating enthusiasm among the large majority who voted for Fetterman, presumably with Fetterman’s own consent.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5799 on: November 07, 2022, 11:12:53 AM »

I don’t see any reason Lamb would or should be the replacement nominee. More likely they would find a stronger candidate capable of generating enthusiasm among the large majority who voted for Fetterman, presumably with Fetterman’s own consent.

Who would that have been? Cartwright?
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies