PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:18:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289925 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4475 on: October 11, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Did Mastriano just finally have a broken clock moment? I almost appreciate that honesty out of him. What's next? Is he going to declare that Biden and Democrats don't actually control gas prices and inflation rates?

Democrats have a lot of impact on inflation rates. While it is too late to change anything about inflation in the next month, they could have reduced inflation by doing the following things:
  • Austerity measures instead of the inflationary American Rescue Plan -- raising taxes or cutting spending instead of increasing spending.
  • Not extended the rent moratorium well past its due date
  • Not increased unemployment payments
  • Not defer student loan payments
  • Cut regulations, specifically licensing requirements
  • Increase and encourage the usage of fracking
  • Encourage the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates sooner

The gaslighting and sheer ignorance by the democratic party on the topic of inflation is why I am swapping from a Biden/Ossoff/Warnock vote into a Kemp/Libertarian/Drew Ferguson vote this November. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Inflation was inevitable from the actions taken in 2020, but it didn't have to be this bad. This inflation is not transitory.

Edit: As far as this race goes, I'm expecting Fetterman to beat Dr. Oz right now, unless it's a big GOP wave year. Oz comes across as awkward and non-authentic. Fetterman is having issues with extremism perception on the topic of crime, but otherwise is relatively charismatic. I think it will have to be a GOP + 4 year or better for Oz to win.
Weren’t you literally demanding stimulus when Biden first was elected?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4476 on: October 11, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2022, 09:24:23 AM by DTC »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Did Mastriano just finally have a broken clock moment? I almost appreciate that honesty out of him. What's next? Is he going to declare that Biden and Democrats don't actually control gas prices and inflation rates?

Democrats have a lot of impact on inflation rates. While it is too late to change anything about inflation in the next month, they could have reduced inflation by doing the following things:
  • Austerity measures instead of the inflationary American Rescue Plan -- raising taxes or cutting spending instead of increasing spending.

The gaslighting and sheer ignorance by the democratic party on the topic of inflation is why I am swapping from a Biden/Ossoff/Warnock vote into a Kemp/Libertarian/Drew Ferguson vote this November. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Inflation was inevitable from the actions taken in 2020, but it didn't have to be this bad. This inflation is not transitory.

Edit: As far as this race goes, I'm expecting Fetterman to beat Dr. Oz right now, unless it's a big GOP wave year. Oz comes across as awkward and non-authentic. Fetterman is having issues with extremism perception on the topic of crime, but otherwise is relatively charismatic. I think it will have to be a GOP + 4 year or better for Oz to win.

Yes, as I wanted to make sure we recovered from the recession. I realized around June 2021 that we quickly needed to cut back on expenses and start raising interest rates once inflation started to hit. I wasn’t paying much attention to economic data from Jan 2021 - May 2021 because it was my last semester of college.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4477 on: October 11, 2022, 09:27:23 AM »

@wbrocks (and my other PA-based peeps): Idk about you, but if I have hear that intentionally-corny "it's time to vote, PA" jingle again, I'm gonna put my phone through my TV. 

wait, which one is that? lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4478 on: October 11, 2022, 09:28:14 AM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4479 on: October 11, 2022, 10:13:45 AM »

Honestly, this is kinda effective
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4480 on: October 11, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

Yes, as I wanted to make sure we recovered from the recession. I realized around June 2021 that we quickly needed to cut back on expenses and start raising interest rates once inflation started to hit. I wasn’t paying much attention to economic data from Jan 2021 - May 2021 because it was my last semester of college.
You really are representative of the average American swing voter, and thats an insult.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4481 on: October 11, 2022, 11:25:15 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2022, 11:40:10 AM by DTC »

Based Mastriano?

awkward.

You really are representative of the average American swing voter, and thats an insult.

What is wrong with wanting to start austerity measures once we started seeing inflation? I’m fine with 5-6% inflation in 2021, but we shouldn’t be seeing 8%+ in 2022. We had a 40 year period or so where inflation was barely an issue. The whole point of Keynesian economics is that you do deficit spending during a recession and deficit reduction once the economy is recovered. Except all of the politicians just do the deficit spending part and not the deficit reduction.

You can try to imply that I’m dumb, but I’m at least not the person in charge of the Federal Reserve gaslighting the American People that inflation is transitory when in reality, it was only going to get much much worse if no action was made. And I’m not the person voting for the party that keeps lying about their ability to do anything on inflation.

Would it have been better if I just completely ignored economic data and just had the exact same solutions for 50 years even if the problems are no longer there? That doesn’t sound smart.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4482 on: October 11, 2022, 11:27:55 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4483 on: October 11, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »

Reading the SCOTUS order (https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/101122zor_5426.pdf) the case was dismissed as moot, which seems logical since the 2020 election is over, and not really a win for either side.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4484 on: October 11, 2022, 11:51:40 AM »

THIS is what Fetterman should’ve been making his carpetbagger appeals on from the jump. People don’t really care Oz is from Jersey, hell half of NEPA were flying Mets flags this summer. Him being a Jerruh Jones lover tho? That enrages Birds and Gmen fans alike.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4485 on: October 11, 2022, 12:34:53 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4486 on: October 11, 2022, 12:37:39 PM »

Unsurprisingly, the 538 PA average looks considerably different and has Fetterman +6.0.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4487 on: October 11, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2022, 12:46:41 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

The "Cowboys fan" billboard is only slightly more ludicrous than calling him a "puppy killer." That photo was taken at a charity event Oz did at Cowboys Stadium, giving free physicals to thousands hundreds of people. You can see he's wearing his scrubs in the photo.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2013/01/20/hundreds-flock-to-cowboys-stadium-for-free-physicals-from-dr-oz/

If anything, Oz appears to be a Giants fan, consistent with his residence in North Jersey.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #4488 on: October 11, 2022, 01:03:48 PM »

This has to be one of the weirdest Senate races in a long time, in terms of the things the candidates are hitting each other about.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4489 on: October 11, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »

The "Cowboys fan" billboard is only slightly more ludicrous than calling him a "puppy killer." That photo was taken at a charity event Oz did at Cowboys Stadium, giving free physicals to thousands hundreds of people. You can see he's wearing his scrubs in the photo.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2013/01/20/hundreds-flock-to-cowboys-stadium-for-free-physicals-from-dr-oz/

If anything, Oz appears to be a Giants fan, consistent with his residence in North Jersey.
And? Facts are irrelevant. Voters will believe anything that sounds true to them whether it is or not
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4490 on: October 11, 2022, 01:05:54 PM »

Good point(?) in defense(?) of Oz
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4491 on: October 11, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »

This has to be one of the weirdest Senate races in a long time, in terms of the things the candidates are hitting each other about.

Not just this race, honestly. This is probably the weirdest midterm election of my lifetime, not just in terms of candidates, but also as far as polling and other conflicting data points are concerned. But since I like puzzles, challenges, and occasional entertainment, I’ll take it and look forward to election night.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4492 on: October 11, 2022, 01:29:51 PM »

Not just this race, honestly. This is probably the weirdest midterm election of my lifetime, not just in terms of candidates, but also as far as polling and other conflicting data points are concerned. But since I like puzzles, challenges, and occasional entertainment, I’ll take it and look forward to election night.

I think part of it is a more general outlay of the decline of monoculture and single-narrative politics. Things are multi-faceted now; if you look too closely, you'll get the wrong picture.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4493 on: October 11, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »

It really does feel like we are in the Twilight Zone in a way. I guess maybe this almost is like 2014 but not entirely. I do think a general R wave with some weird deviations is what we are looking at.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4494 on: October 11, 2022, 02:54:38 PM »

People need to stop talking about things they don't know about.

If you honestly don't think that someone running in Pennsylvania would not hit their opponent on tweeting about the Cowboys then you literally don't know this area at all.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #4495 on: October 11, 2022, 02:56:55 PM »

If you honestly don't think that someone running in Pennsylvania would not hit their opponent on tweeting about the Cowboys then you literally don't know this area at all.

That is not what I am talking about. At all.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4496 on: October 11, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »

That is not what I am talking about. At all.

Then what are you talking about?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4497 on: October 11, 2022, 03:03:15 PM »

Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4498 on: October 11, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »

Not so much a defense of Oz as it was tempering my criticism of Fetterman's lie with criticism of Oz, though in turn emphasizing how unnecessary the lie was. I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that I think both candidates in the race are poor. It was literally in my last post before this one.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4499 on: October 11, 2022, 03:40:32 PM »

Not so much a defense of Oz as it was tempering my criticism of Fetterman's lie with criticism of Oz, though in turn emphasizing how unnecessary the lie was. I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that I think both candidates in the race are poor. It was literally in my last post before this one.

Once again, if you honestly believe an opponent in PA/Philly is not going to hit the other person for tweeting about trying out for the Cowboys then you don't get this area. It would be political malpractice not to.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies