PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 12:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 291896 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3500 on: August 20, 2022, 07:51:22 PM »

This may be the most legitimate hack segment I've seen on this race yet.

In which Smerconish (who always comes across indignant like he's the smartest person in the room), not only parrots Dr. Oz talking points ("Fetterman is sending off memes from his basement") but tries to false equivalence the entire race and deride that the entire thing has devolved into appealing to the "lowest common denominator" and then says a bunch of old PA senators, including Arlen Spector who are "rolling in their graves" looking at this race.

Meanwhile, he at the same time says that Fetterman's social team is genius but then again derides him for joining TikTok. Then also goes on to pull a hack-ish "I hope Fetterman is okay, I really do... but just watch the video from last week and he's not."

Through all of this, he doesn't seem to understand what the entire hullabaloo over the crudite video was. And then he also derides Fetterman for getting a paycheck from his parents but fails to note that he only got that when he was the mayor of Braddock getting paid pretty much zilch. Constantly sh**ts on Fetterman, barely sh**ts on Oz.

Oh and the best part? Then acts as if the race would've been so much better with Conor Lamb and David McCormick because apparently they seem like better options and rattles because Lamb had experience (though fails to mention Fetterman being Lt Gov, Mayor, etc.).

Certainly feels as if Oz is doing *so* badly that now pundits are trying to find some type of issue with how badly he's getting beat and making us feel bad that Fetterman's campaign is seizing on it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tu8Ce2ILrs
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3501 on: August 20, 2022, 09:09:49 PM »

This won't move the needle at all. Oz narrowly wins in the end.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you on this

Oz is the Christine o'donnell of this election cycle and in the end, I just think he is a bad candidate who is going to lose even at a time when the political environment is favorable to Republican just as Christine o'donnell did in 2010....

Plus, unlike o'donnell OZ has the misfortune of running at the same time Doug mastriano became the Republican nominee for governor lol

Doug mastriano poll numbers are almost as bad as OZ himself and even if Oz suddenly starts doing better in the next few months he is still going to be dragged down by Mastriano...

I think he's more like Sharon Angle. He defeated the slightly-less-outrageous candidate in a swing state and lost a race that could have been won.

This is kind of an insult to Sharon Angle because unlike OZ by August 2010 she was either leading or tied with her Democratic opponent and by November most polls had her as the slight favorite

In the end harry Reid did end up winning a very close race, but there is no denying that Sharon Angle still came very close to ending his political career

Also, unlike OZ at no point in 2010 was there ever a poll showing Sharon Angle getting beat by 11 or 18 points..

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3502 on: August 20, 2022, 10:13:24 PM »

HOLY sh**t:

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3503 on: August 21, 2022, 10:09:10 AM »

Trafalgar expected to release a new PA-SEN poll in the next 36 hours.

Funny enough, they did not say anything about PA-GOV so not sure if they just didn't mention it yet, or if they didn't bother to poll it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3504 on: August 21, 2022, 10:09:58 AM »

I will say, Fetterman is truly firing on all cylinders but I do feel like abortion has taken a bit of a backseat in this race and I hope that he still focuses on that as well.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #3505 on: August 21, 2022, 10:28:46 AM »

I will say, Fetterman is truly firing on all cylinders but I do feel like abortion has taken a bit of a backseat in this race and I hope that he still focuses on that as well.

He needs to focus on that when he campaigns in the burbs
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3506 on: August 21, 2022, 10:43:33 AM »

He needs to focus on that when he campaigns in the burbs

I wish he would spend a little more time as well on SEPA. His campaign really touts Western PA and I get that b/c he's from there, but I think he/his campaign need to focus a little more on Philly + its suburbs as well.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #3507 on: August 21, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »

Is he taking another vacation?

Regardless, imagine if a Democrat did this. They'd be called "Communist sympathizers." Fetterman ought to tar Oz the same way.

Also, might I add how thematically out-of-touch he is still being by apparently assuming that the average person reading his tweet can just drop everything they're doing on a whim, like him, and just travel halfway across the world.

Even if you have a lot of the same dynamics with diasporic politics, the tenor around US-Vietnam relations is very different from, say, Iran or Cuba, and there's been a bipartisan consensus that stronger relations with Vietnam are necessary since rapprochement 20 years ago. Not that I think voters particularly care, but attacking on this front pretty easily opens you up to counters on "being soft on China" and whatnot.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3508 on: August 21, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »

Regardless, imagine if a Democrat did this. They'd be called "Communist sympathizers." Fetterman ought to tar Oz the same way.

Also, might I add how thematically out-of-touch he is still being by apparently assuming that the average person reading his tweet can just drop everything they're doing on a whim, like him, and just travel halfway across the world.

Even if you have a lot of the same dynamics with diasporic politics, the tenor around US-Vietnam relations is very different from, say, Iran or Cuba, and there's been a bipartisan consensus that stronger relations with Vietnam are necessary since rapprochement 20 years ago. Not that I think voters particularly care, but attacking on this front pretty easily opens you up to counters on "being soft on China" and whatnot.

I think the point is that there is a considerably decent base of Vietnamese-Americans in PA and this type of thing theoretically would not sit well with them.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3509 on: August 21, 2022, 11:29:51 PM »

The video of Oz in Vietnam was from 2019.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3510 on: August 22, 2022, 07:52:24 AM »

Yes, correct. People are just bringing a lot of old Oz videos out of the wood work to get more dirt on him, essentially, which is a smart bet considering what his team has forgotten to delete (the "poop" tweets are all old too)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3511 on: August 22, 2022, 05:42:55 PM »

Okay, I was kind of wondering about that. I hadn't noticed.

Still, I think my point stands that Republicans would have no qualms about dredging up an old video of a Democrat in a Communist capitol and cast negative a light on them, so why shouldn't this be used against a Republican like Oz?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3512 on: August 22, 2022, 05:58:53 PM »

It's all fair game.  Just wanted to clarify that he's not on a vacation abroad in the middle of his 2022 campaign (though let's be honest, it would probably be better for his poll numbers if he took the rest of the campaign off entirely).
philly09

« Reply #3513 on: August 22, 2022, 10:24:39 PM »

Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3514 on: August 23, 2022, 12:21:50 AM »

I really don't think this is as bad for Oz as the spin on that Tweet would suggest. There are more post-Đổi Mới immigrants from Vietnam than a lot of people think, and those voters are swingier than the refugees we all know and love in the Leipverse.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3515 on: August 23, 2022, 01:23:19 AM »

Based on a previous tweet of being in next week's LWT episode I think it's John Oliver.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3516 on: August 23, 2022, 08:20:34 AM »

I'm also curious how Oz's debate schedule he came up with came about. Did 5 local media organizations go to the campaigns and offer these up and Oz just essentially put the list out there before they were all confirmed, or did Oz's team go to these outlets and secure dates without any input from Fettermans team?

Especially considering no local senate campaign, even in a swing state, does *five* debates, so I'd be very surprised if that was the planned schedule from these orgs.

As I recall, there were only two in 2018.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3517 on: August 23, 2022, 11:15:50 AM »

Oz has been barnstorming conservative outlets recently, clearly getting desperate. He's been going on Fox, Fox Business, and Newsmax non-stop

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3518 on: August 23, 2022, 02:44:27 PM »

Glad to see Oz is continuing to mock stroke survivors.

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3519 on: August 23, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »

Oz is no 😺 and doesn’t bring a knife to a gunfight. You hit him, he hits back twice as hard. This sick burn from Team Oz is just a taste of what he has in store for Fetterman!

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3520 on: August 23, 2022, 03:01:41 PM »

What a disaster dude
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3521 on: August 23, 2022, 03:21:19 PM »

Fetterman was in Pittsburgh today.

Again, love that he's so well known over in Western PA but I'm begging him to do something in SEPA. Even like one rally at the PA Convention Center in Philly would be enough right now lol.

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3522 on: August 23, 2022, 03:21:43 PM »

Stroke victims: Tossup -> Safe Fetterman
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3523 on: August 23, 2022, 03:39:54 PM »

In b4 Oz says Fetterman is still in his basement

I love that fetterman is out there in deep red territory. Many of these areas don't get any attention from politicians so he has basically a monopoly on being able to talk to them directly. That sways votes.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #3524 on: August 23, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »

Ah yes, this will go over well in the famously physically fit state of Pennsylvania.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies