PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 12:46:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290653 times)
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2950 on: July 15, 2022, 08:26:47 PM »

Oh boy, this isn't going according to plan. We have two avant-garde candidates who have no semblance of how to run a campaign. Fetterman is running memes while Oz is just being the Wizard Oz. It's anyone's guess who wins this one, but I'd say the winner will get under 50.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2951 on: July 15, 2022, 08:40:18 PM »

Oh boy, this isn't going according to plan. We have two avant-garde candidates who have no semblance of how to run a campaign. Fetterman is running memes while Oz is just being the Wizard Oz. It's anyone's guess who wins this one, but I'd say the winner will get under 50.

It really boggles my mind that people are looking at Fetterman's Twitter memes and thinking "wow this clearly must be all he's doing! there's no way that he's combining a savvy social media presence with effective TV advertising and a strong public persona through multiple forms of media!"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2952 on: July 15, 2022, 08:46:53 PM »

It really boggles my mind that people are looking at Fetterman's Twitter memes and thinking "wow this clearly must be all he's doing! there's no way that he's combining a savvy social media presence with effective TV advertising and a strong public persona through multiple forms of media!"

Yeah the cope in this thread is getting really bad. Some people are refusing to believe that Fetterman is simply objectively running a better and smarter overall campaign and Oz's campaign is literally more and more of a dumpster fire each day.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2953 on: July 15, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »

Agreed, serious question. Can we consider having one thread for real updates and one thread for posting Fetterman memes every 5 minutes? This is getting beyond the scope of what’s interesting and frankly what’s useful

We need to get past these silly memes and on to the important stuff like what kind of junk the person in the next stall has, how the 2020 election was stolen, and how a wall on the southern border will keep out people who don't know how to use a ladder.

Of course the social media stuff is ridiculous but guess what, most political campaigning has been ridiculous since the country was founded.  DR Oz having recently moved to PA is an issue, raising it  in a memorable way is a legit part of the story of this campaign.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2954 on: July 15, 2022, 10:14:11 PM »

Yeah the cope in this thread is getting really bad. Some people are refusing to believe that Fetterman is simply objectively running a better and smarter overall campaign and Oz's campaign is literally more and more of a dumpster fire each day.

You're in PA, what's the race look like off social media?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2955 on: July 15, 2022, 10:17:40 PM »

I agree with what some posters above are saying. Many of these memes will never get much further than ET, and I wish there was more discussion about what Fettermans greater campaign messaging and strategy could actually mean for a realistic path to victory. What kinds of voters may this either activate or persuade to his side? Could it help Oz with some small groups in any way?

Ultimately a Fetterman win will probably have to defy partisanship of the year a bit, so how this is achieve able should be talked about
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2956 on: July 15, 2022, 11:37:36 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2022, 12:26:09 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

Spark is quite literally an Ozcrat. Don't give his sour grapes the time of the day. For all of my crotchety bullsh*t about Lamb and Hassan, I would never vote for the Republican. 
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2957 on: July 16, 2022, 12:13:55 AM »

Oz would be doing wayyy better if he just started running ads that say something like, “ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP”. The fact he’s completely abandoned any reference to Trump on the trail AND the fact he is terrible on the doorstep is a recipe for disaster. I could see a huge undervote in the Senate race if he keeps this up.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2958 on: July 16, 2022, 12:38:12 AM »

Oz would be doing wayyy better if he just started running ads that say something like, “ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP”. The fact he’s completely abandoned any reference to Trump on the trail AND the fact he is terrible on the doorstep is a recipe for disaster. I could see a huge undervote in the Senate race if he keeps this up.

Trump lost this time.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2959 on: July 16, 2022, 07:21:30 AM »

Spark is quite literally an Ozcrat. Don't give his sour grapes the time of the day. For all of my crotchety bullsh*t about Lamb and Hassan, I would never vote for the Republican. 

Err…IIRC Spark has always been a Republican
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2960 on: July 16, 2022, 07:43:51 AM »

You're in PA, what's the race look like off social media?

The thing that I've found interesting again is just the activation among young voters. Most of the young people I know (fellow millennials) are pretty apathetic, don't enjoy Joe Biden, but Fetterman is doing a good job IMO of keeping them activated and wanting to vote FOR him and not against anything.

There's also been obviously a lot of uproar among my peers about Roe v Wade, and the governor race. Not so much "i love Josh Shapiro!!" but knowing that this Gov vote is incredibly important.

On the airwaves at least, I've seen the GOP ads linking Shapiro and Biden together, which are particularly funny, but at least their not as bad as the RINO Oz ads in the primary lol. Fetterman has continued to be up on TV, and there's also been a LOT (probably the most) of pro-Shapiro / anti-Mastriano ads running.

Also lots of the "Oz is too extreme for PA" (same messaging for Mastriano)

No ads for Pro-Oz at all
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2961 on: July 16, 2022, 07:45:03 AM »

Yikes.... Oz only raised $1.6M in Q2, compared to Fettermans $11M.

Oz put in an additional $2.2M of his own money

https://twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1548249948587585537
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2962 on: July 16, 2022, 09:55:46 AM »

Yikes even worse-

Contributions from donors who gave less than $200.

From those donors:

Fetterman in the quarter: $5,081,512.83
Oz: $151,899.60

https://twitter.com/julianrouth/status/1548301052557942784
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2963 on: July 16, 2022, 11:31:05 AM »

I now do wish McCormick won the primary and he may have without polls showing Barnette in 2nd lol.
McCormick wouldn't have been any better, in fact he may have been worse. TV personality is slightly more appealing than a hedge fund manager lol.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2964 on: July 16, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »

I now do wish McCormick won the primary and he may have without polls showing Barnette in 2nd lol.
McCormick wouldn't have been any better, in fact he may have been worse. TV personality is slightly more appealing than a hedge fund manager lol.

Yeah, Fetterman dodged a huge bullet with Barnette. Had she started her climb just a week or so earlier she'd be the nominee, and we'd be looking at a lean R race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2965 on: July 16, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »

Yeah, Fetterman dodged a huge bullet with Barnette. Had she started her climb just a week or so earlier she'd be the nominee, and we'd be looking at a lean R race.

No we wouldn't. McCormick likely wouldve made it a lean R race. Barnette would've still been a tossup. She would be able to consolidate the Trumpers but would've quickly turned off key moderates.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2966 on: July 16, 2022, 11:49:49 AM »

Wasn't she a far-right conspirancy weirdo? I guess Oz is still somewhat better than this.

Despite his lackluster fundraising, he can still narrowly win this race if the wave is big enough to carry him over the top. But this election definitely looks more winnable for Dems than it did 4-6 months ago.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2967 on: July 16, 2022, 11:50:41 AM »

No we wouldn't. McCormick likely wouldve made it a lean R race. Barnette would've still been a tossup. She would be able to consolidate the Trumpers but would've quickly turned off key moderates.

McCormick is a boring empty suit who wouldn't have motivated a soul. Barnette would've pumped up turnout in a lot of right wing communities especially evangelicals with her personal story. The attacks Fetterman is using on Oz, and other than the residency stuff the attacks he'd be using on McCormick would never work with Barnette. Plus she could use the jogger incident against him to nudge turnout down a tad in places like west Philly, Wilkinsburg and Harrisburg.

Mastriano is also a far right conspiracy weirdo and he's doing better than Oz.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2968 on: July 16, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »

The issue is Oz doesn’t seem to be actively campaigning
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2969 on: July 16, 2022, 12:37:32 PM »

I'm getting the impression that some Republican candidates think that all they had to do is win the primary and then they can sleepwalk to victory in November due to the environment, even in competitive states.  Oz is in this category and so is J.D. Vance.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2970 on: July 16, 2022, 03:01:27 PM »

I'm getting the impression that some Republican candidates think that all they had to do is win the primary and then they can sleepwalk to victory in November due to the environment, even in competitive states.  Oz is in this category and so is J.D. Vance.

The only difference is that one is running in a red state and the other in a purple state that still had Democrrats winning national and statewide races more often than not in the past decade.

I generally have the impression that Republicans take things for granted with their recruitments and campaign styles. Back in 2018, I felt Democrats way more often "played it safe".
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2971 on: July 16, 2022, 03:04:53 PM »

The only difference is that one is running in a red state and the other in a purple state that still had Democrrats winning national and statewide races more often than not in the past decade.

I generally have the impression that Republicans take things for granted with their recruitments and campaign styles. Back in 2018, I felt Democrats way more often "played it safe".

Well more often than not in purple/swing states, Democratic primary voters generally try and put the GE in mind and play it safe too. GOP primary voters more often than not do not.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2972 on: July 16, 2022, 06:13:43 PM »

Sure he is! Just look how great he's doing:
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2973 on: July 16, 2022, 07:49:26 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2022, 08:16:55 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

It's interesting to see. I can't even pearl-clutch about "muh Lamb disunity". The actual Lamb supporters who were enthusiastic about him are backing Fetterman with the same energy!

For all the defenses you and Mr. X made of him, you both stated your defenses of Lamb well enough, your concerns with Fetterman, and still fought for him in the general as if Lamb won. As a Fetterman hack, I'm very glad to say I was wrong, especially about you, and I'm glad you're on our side.

It's only those who saw Lamb as a vehicle to stop Fetterman who are bitter.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2974 on: July 17, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2022, 07:33:51 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Sure he is! Just look how great he's doing:

I was drinking a glass of milk and almost choked.  

For the cheesesteak unaware, Pat's and Geno's are two famous rival cheesesteak businesses right across the street from each other in South Philly.  Pat's opened first -- I believe in the thirties.  Geno's opened....I wanna say in the 60's.  They've been warring ever since.  

Geno's late owner got himself into hot water about seventeen years ago for featuring a sticker at the ordering window that read "THIS IS AMERICA.  WHEN ORDERING, SPEAK ENGLISH", which led to a big debate about whether it was xenophobic or not.  Joe Vento (the owner) claimed it was simply for the customer's benefit -- that if they don't speak English, they may not get what they want.

(But anyway, both places are overrated according to my Philly peeps.)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies