PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:13:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289786 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: March 31, 2022, 05:24:07 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2022, 05:27:52 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Users being disappointed in Fetterman polls right now all our candidates not incumbent Sens in Biden Approvals are gonna sux right now even Fetterman and Barnes, there isn't any sure pickup I'm any states as long as Biden Approvals doesn't improve from 40%, we can reelect our 303 inc Senators and still hold 50 without Fetterman or Barnes but GA is going to Runoff not assuring us the Senate majority

D's have been lying to us about their candidates for the longest in lieu of getting campaign donations, they are finally admitting that they may faulter in Nov if Biden stays at 40%

But, what political party was gonna net 230 H seats and 55 Senate seats at Biden current Approval that was only if Biden cleared 50% by now .

My Predictions are 303 maps but clearly that's not guarenteed
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1951 on: March 31, 2022, 08:32:24 AM »

I think the people here moaning either about Kenyatta or about the 'other great candidates who didn't run' are the most delusional of all. For those of you who have forgotten - Democrats from SEPA DO NOT WIN. Again and again the party has tried throwing these candidates at the electorate and again and again they've failed. The rest of the state hates them. Every Democratic win statewide has come from someone from another part of the state. The closest thing to a SEPA Democrat to win the state top-ticket since Rendell was Biden, and he also emphasizes his Scranton tie more than anything.

There are arguments as to whether Lamb or Fetterman is the better candidate. I've been disappointed in Fetterman thus far - he seemed to put more effort in his Lt Gov race in 2018 than this race! - but it's still very early. If he ramps things up now we've seen before that he can be a decently complelling candidate. If nothing else, we ought to remind ourself what most of this forum was saying about Warnock throwing away his race by not campaigning - and that was much much closer to the election than this is.

Don't forget about Josh Shapiro - I think he's really the only SEPA candidate that has done well statewide. But yes, despite how big SEPA is, for some reason the candidates rarely win from this area.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1952 on: March 31, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »

It's a 3o3/235 map anyways we're just not gonna win red states due to Biden at 44% in blue states and 34% in red states but we can still lose blue states but we're not at 34% in them
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1953 on: March 31, 2022, 03:23:13 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1954 on: March 31, 2022, 03:33:44 PM »

Kenyatta is DONE
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1955 on: March 31, 2022, 07:31:04 PM »

Lamb officially goes there.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1956 on: March 31, 2022, 07:40:38 PM »

Well, at least he's decided to drop bullsh*tting the good people of my former state.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1957 on: March 31, 2022, 07:47:30 PM »

Good, it’s about d*** time folks started holding Fetterman’s feet to the fire for this
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1958 on: March 31, 2022, 10:39:07 PM »

Fetterman certainly does fit the trope of the burly, bearded, rough-looking, middle-aged, blue collar white male who loves his guns and his country, hates Muslims, blacks, illegals, and gays, drives a pickup truck, drinks beer, and is either a factory worker, truck driver, construction worker, contractor, or miner. And his actions in this incident certainly exemplify the trope. I see and deal with customers that look just like him at my job on a daily basis. Of course, as I'm very well aware at this point, you can't entirely judge a person by their appearance.
jkmillion
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1959 on: March 31, 2022, 10:43:51 PM »

Yeah... I think Conor Lamb is done. He legit cannot get out of the 10s%. Fetterman wisely avoided attacking Lamb/avoided the debate. I just do not see a realistic path for Lamb to win considering the strategy Fetterman is playing.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1960 on: March 31, 2022, 10:58:56 PM »

You know he had to do it to em.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1961 on: April 01, 2022, 12:00:55 AM »

Well, at least he's decided to drop bullsh*tting the good people of my former state.

What do you think of Lamb's recent shift in direction? Of this attack? What does this say about his prospects and the state of the race?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1962 on: April 01, 2022, 04:57:08 AM »

I think that this attack is probably the biggest and strongest one you could throw at Fetterman at this point, but honestly it also feels like a Hail Mary for a campaign that seems to be flailing. Lamb would've been better just trying to hold his seat.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1963 on: April 01, 2022, 07:41:53 AM »

How’s the republican side? Has Oz more or less locked it up?
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1964 on: April 01, 2022, 07:42:52 AM »

Nope. It's probably a tossup between McCormick and Oz but there's been so much bullsh*t from all sides that it's not even worth it to predict the outcome.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1965 on: April 01, 2022, 07:54:30 AM »

I need to see more polling of this race to see where it really stands. We're all assuming Fetterman has leads but the only things we've gotten are flimsy Emerson and F&M polls. Would like to see some more legit surveys (especially recently when both have started running ads) to really see where this thing is.

Very possible Fetterman actually has those leads, but both polls so far have been messy.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1966 on: April 01, 2022, 09:43:08 AM »

What do you think of Lamb's recent shift in direction? Of this attack? What does this say about his prospects and the state of the race?

I think it's a great thing. Fetterman is an existential threat to the nomination, not to mention a virulent racist. He's just too far left for the state and it's about time someone finally said it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1967 on: April 01, 2022, 09:45:27 AM »

I think it's a great thing. Fetterman is an existential threat to the nomination, not to mention a virulent racist. He's just too far left for the state and it's about time someone finally said it.

I know it's April Fool's Day, but I was looking for a more serious response.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1968 on: April 01, 2022, 09:53:56 AM »

Honestly Lean McCormick at the moment. But if Trump endorses Oz he would probably be slightly favored.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1969 on: April 01, 2022, 12:43:20 PM »

Clearly somebody heard the criticisms. Conor Lamb joined all but two Democrats (Sawx's favorite reps, Cuellar and Pappas) in voting for the MORE Act.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2022107

Now if only he would run on federally legalizing weed! But this is a good step for him. I don't care his motivations, if he's willing to vote for legislation that helps people, then good for him.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1970 on: April 01, 2022, 03:32:03 PM »

Clearly somebody heard the criticisms. Conor Lamb joined all but two Democrats (Sawx's favorite reps, Cuellar and Pappas) in voting for the MORE Act.

Now if only he would run on federally legalizing weed! But this is a good step for him. I don't care his motivations, if he's willing to vote for legislation that helps people, then good for him.

Yeah, I think we crossposted that. Credit where credit is due - while I am still a bit cynical I'm not going to argue with reality here.

As for Pappas, I was willing to give him a second chance. The clown is clearly bought off by the police lobby (if you read between the lines) and got told no. Suffice to say this was not what I voted for when I voted for him in 2018 and 2020.

We are watching him. We will remember him. And come November, we will replace him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1971 on: April 01, 2022, 03:40:09 PM »

Yeah, I think we crossposted that. Credit where credit is due - while I am still a bit cynical I'm not going to argue with reality here.

As for Pappas, I was willing to give him a second chance. The clown is clearly bought off by the police lobby (if you read between the lines) and got told no. Suffice to say this was not what I voted for when I voted for him in 2018 and 2020.

We are watching him. We will remember him. And come November, we will replace him.

No offense or anything, but who is we?  Most people aren’t single-issue legalize marijuana voters and if Pappas loses, it’ll be b/c he was a strong incumbent who got swept out in a Republican wave and was from a state that tends to be hit pretty hard by wave elections for either party as a general rule.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1972 on: April 01, 2022, 03:44:25 PM »

No offense or anything, but who is we?  Most people aren’t single-issue legalize marijuana voters and if Pappas loses, it’ll be b/c he was a strong incumbent who got swept out in a Republican wave and was from a state that tends to be hit pretty hard by wave elections for either party as a general rule.

Marianette Miller-Meeks only won by six votes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1973 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:32 PM »

Marianette Miller-Meeks only won by six votes.

Fair point, well made
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1974 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:45 PM »

I will repeat my questions from earlier though. What do you think Lamb's attack against Fetterman means? And what is the state of the race now?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies