PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:46:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286190 times)
BigSerg
7sergi9

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: January 29, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1726 on: January 29, 2022, 03:15:54 PM »

Yeah, even without an official endorsement, it’s clear that Lamb is the favorite amongst the establishment types, which likely bodes well for him in the primary. It’s disappointing, but if he’s the nominee, he better be ready to push for some of his more progressive positions ($15/hr minimum wage, support for unions, enhancing voting rights) while moving to the left on issues like marijuana. I see him as the most likely candidate to blow it in the general because he’s so bland.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1727 on: January 29, 2022, 03:17:10 PM »

I would rather not make any hot takes about the Dem primary until we get a decent, non-internal poll of the race.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1728 on: January 29, 2022, 04:12:31 PM »

morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1729 on: January 29, 2022, 09:18:00 PM »

Well, good luck. We deserve to lose if we nominate Lamb.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1730 on: January 29, 2022, 11:24:47 PM »

Neither Fetterman nor Lamb look like they would be good candidates for the Democrats, as I've said before. They ought to take a risk with Kenyatta, or at least with Arkoosh, who might bring something to the table that these two won't. If you're going to lose, you should at least fight hard.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1731 on: January 30, 2022, 12:54:17 AM »

Never underestimate the Democratic Party's ability to organize against leftists.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1732 on: January 30, 2022, 01:11:02 AM »

I don't see what's so bad about Lamb-maybe he cast a few votes people don't like but I think he's pretty close to what a good Democratic candidate looks like and he has a pretty good electoral record of his own.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1733 on: January 30, 2022, 01:29:18 AM »

I don't see what's so bad about Lamb-maybe he cast a few votes people don't like but I think he's pretty close to what a good Democratic candidate looks like and he has a pretty good electoral record of his own.
His 2018 win was admittedly impressive but I'm not sure what's particularly impressive about his 2020 win. I think his brand of centrism feels horribly out of date and doesn't inspire anyone to the polls. Plus even if he does win it feels like he'll be Sinema 2.0.

At least with Fetterman it feels like he might have genuine populist bonafides and at least will fire up the base. I'm not saying he's a perfect candidate but at least he feels like one that people will be inspired by and will take it hard. Not sure on Kenyatta, I think he'd make sense if Pennsylvania was a bit bluer but I don't think he'd have enough appeal to Independents.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1734 on: January 30, 2022, 09:07:44 PM »

The confidence in which some of you proclaim Conor Lamb is DOA bc YOU don’t like him is hilarious. Every cycle some of y’all say so and so is the spawn of Satan and they win their election or y’all blow smoke up someone’s butt and they lose. Like y’all do not have a crystal ball. LOL. All I can say is I just don’t like Fetterman, I think he’s awkward, boorish, and delusional -I hope the overgrown ogre loses the primary.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1735 on: January 30, 2022, 09:25:50 PM »

I'm not voting for a clown "doctor" and I'm especially not voting for a clown who wears athletic shorts. This is the United States Senate. That used to mean something. Conor Lamb is far and away the only valid answer in this race. If he loses, I will have lost the last remaining shred of hope I have for democracy.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1736 on: January 30, 2022, 11:48:07 PM »

The confidence in which some of you proclaim Conor Lamb is DOA bc YOU don’t like him is hilarious. Every cycle some of y’all say so and so is the spawn of Satan and they win their election or y’all blow smoke up someone’s butt and they lose. Like y’all do not have a crystal ball. LOL. All I can say is I just don’t like Fetterman, I think he’s awkward, boorish, and delusional I hope the overgrown ogre loses the primary.

As I said on the last thread, Fetterman is Shrek.

Shrek's not for everyone. Some people saw it as too blunt. "Har har har, Jeff Katzenberg makes a person designed to look like Michael Eisner and names him Farquaad. Get it? Sounds like F**kwad? How immature." "See? Katzenberg and Dreamworks are just trying to do a stupid parody of a Pixar film but with irreverent naughty aspects, how tired. People have been making fun of Disney for YEARS! Decades! None of these jokes are remotely new." But people just ate it up anyway. They liked the big ugly loafing ogre with the strength of ten men.

That's why I think they'll like John Fetterman. Just like most people liked Shrek and didn't care about Katzenberg's grudges or hackneyed cliches, they'll like Fetterman.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1737 on: January 31, 2022, 10:06:13 AM »

Never underestimate the Democratic Party's ability to organize against leftists.

Fetterman is running a bad campaign. Perhaps leftists should take responsibility for their own performances rather than blame the shadowy elites.

I prefer Kenyatta over both of the other two. But I accept that he’s unlikely to win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1738 on: January 31, 2022, 10:08:24 AM »

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1739 on: January 31, 2022, 10:10:17 AM »

"Mid single digits" could be anywhere from 4-7 points, which is still pretty significant. But yeah, it's clear Lamb has momentum. I may need to vote strategically in the primary for Fetterman if it means staving off Lamb.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1740 on: January 31, 2022, 10:16:26 AM »

Is there any evidence at all that a Senator Lamb would act like Manchin or Sinema?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1741 on: January 31, 2022, 10:18:07 AM »

Ugh, I feel like Fetterman's advantage is gone and Lamb favored for the nomination. It might not even be that close.

I'm still conflicted about the question who's a better GE candidate, though I'd vote for Fetterman in the primary.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1742 on: January 31, 2022, 10:23:16 AM »

Ugh, I feel like Fetterman's advantage is gone and Lamb favored for the nomination. It might not even be that close.

I'm still conflicted about the question who's a better GE candidate, though I'd vote for Fetterman in the primary.

Polarization is too strong for either candidate to have an advantage or disadvantage imo, barring an exceptionally bad candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1743 on: January 31, 2022, 10:52:02 AM »

Is there any evidence at all that a Senator Lamb would act like Manchin or Sinema?

No, and it's the most ridiculous thing that people have latched on to. I've already seen it among more progressive friends IRL; "Progressive Twitter" has had it out for him for some strange reason. It's just exhausting.

I get if you like one more than the other, that's fine. But the animosity is very odd to me. We're all on the same side here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1744 on: January 31, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2022, 04:17:56 PM by Lief 🐋 »

EDIT: My apologies, the below appears to be a FAKE POLL, please disregard.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1745 on: January 31, 2022, 11:54:39 AM »

No, and it's the most ridiculous thing that people have latched on to. I've already seen it among more progressive friends IRL; "Progressive Twitter" has had it out for him for some strange reason. It's just exhausting.

I get if you like one more than the other, that's fine. But the animosity is very odd to me. We're all on the same side here.

They think Fetterman is entitled to the nomination and are upset that he's being challenged.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1746 on: January 31, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »

KENYATTA AT 29%?!?!?!

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1747 on: January 31, 2022, 11:58:19 AM »

Fetterman is finished if this is the best he can do in an internal before the DSCC has even gone to bat for Lamb. Not too surprising, though (he was never inevitable or even "favored" in the race).

Weird how overhyped in general this man has been.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1748 on: January 31, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »

I think the DSCC is right to go to bat for Lamb, since Fetterman's running a lazy campaign. I guess that's who I endorse, although I hope he's not another Manchin/Sinema.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1749 on: January 31, 2022, 12:02:39 PM »

Lamb is looking more likely to be the nominee, but given the kind of year 2022 is going to be, it's not going to matter much. Of course, Lamb performing at Generic D levels still won't kill the zombie talking point of moderate = electable (for Democrats only, of course.)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies