Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:01:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352491 times)
THKL
Rookie
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4000 on: November 02, 2021, 04:41:36 PM »

Everything we seem to have now points to essentially a dead heat. I can say with somewhat reasonable confidence that we're going to be in for a relatively long night and that perhaps everyone needs to make plans to stay up later than usual.
Based on the exit poll I’d say Youngkin is winning by 53-44. Honestly, I think it’s time to stick a fork in Virginia, as I’m more concerned about what’s happening in New Jersey, because if we lose that the Democrats are finished.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4001 on: November 02, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »

If Biden really is 43/56 in VA, it means he's in Hoover after the stock market crash territory nationally, so that's actually pretty important, possibly the most important part here for longer term implications. 

Which makes me more skeptical of the exit poll than it does anything else.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4002 on: November 02, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »

27 % of Voters are Senior Citizens in VA per CNN. Youth Vote only 9 %.

YoungKing YoungKing YoungKing!!!!

Will you cool it with the cultish stuff? We've had enough of that with Trump. No one in this race is a king.

This thread probably has like 400 posts with the word Trumpkin
That's probably lowballing it.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4003 on: November 02, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »

Everything we seem to have now points to essentially a dead heat. I can say with somewhat reasonable confidence that we're going to be in for a relatively long night and that perhaps everyone needs to make plans to stay up later than usual.
Based on the exit poll I’d say Youngkin is winning by 53-44. Honestly, I think it’s time to stick a fork in Virginia, as I’m more concerned about what’s happening in New Jersey, because if we lose that the Democrats are finished.

I don't think New Jersey has ever been seriously in question.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4004 on: November 02, 2021, 04:43:36 PM »

If Democrats lose NJ you will never see me on this forum again, lmao. Nobody serious thinks that's even a remote possibility.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4005 on: November 02, 2021, 04:43:37 PM »

dead heat based on turnout but not on exit polls wich favor rep.

I'm not taking the exit polls as seriously as they're often unreliable.
An exit poll that models the VA electorate as 73% white is probably unreliable, no?

Turnout indicate it as well. Moreover, both nationally and VA polls indicated that T-Mac/Biden had problem with non-white + indies.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #4006 on: November 02, 2021, 04:43:39 PM »

In 2013 54 percent of voters disapproved of Obama’s job performance, according to the exit polling. But 30 percent of those who “somewhat disapproved” of Obama nonetheless voted for McAuliffe.

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/terry-mcauliffe-virginia-governor-2013-elections-099441

This is from an old politico article

18 points difference in favs, as preliminary exit polls show.

This is why I was looking for terry mcauliffe 2013 favs in order to compare but so far I have not found anything
EastwoodS

« Reply #4007 on: November 02, 2021, 04:43:43 PM »

Is non swing voter smoking a copium cig?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4008 on: November 02, 2021, 04:44:22 PM »

27 % of Voters are Senior Citizens in VA per CNN. Youth Vote only 9 %.

YoungKing YoungKing YoungKing!!!!

Will you cool it with the cultish stuff? We've had enough of that with Trump. No one in this race is a king.

This thread probably has like  1000 posts with the word Trumpkin

That's just mocking someone. It's not glorifying them as a monarch.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4009 on: November 02, 2021, 04:44:33 PM »

If you think Biden approvals are lower in a state he won by 10 points than they are nationally, I have a bridge, etc.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #4010 on: November 02, 2021, 04:44:46 PM »

CNN Preliminary Exit Poll says 57% are a gun-owning household lol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4011 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:04 PM »

CNN Preliminary Exit Poll says 57% are a gun-owning household lol

Wat
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4012 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:14 PM »

>Virginia youth turnout 9%
>Biden 43% approval
>Top issues of Virginia voters: Economy, Jobs

Wins or losses tonight Biden needs to sound the alarm to everyone in the admin. to get their sh*t together, now. Some executive orders as well.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4013 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »

dead heat based on turnout but not on exit polls wich favor rep.

I'm not taking the exit polls as seriously as they're often unreliable.
An exit poll that models the VA electorate as 73% white is probably unreliable, no?

Turnout indicate it as well. Moreover, both nationally and VA polls indicated that T-Mac/Biden had problem with non-white + indies.

You are right, all day we have been getting reports that turnout in the black/Hispanic areas was much lower than in the white areas.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4014 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:43 PM »

Is that stat really not believable? I don’t see the issue.
THKL
Rookie
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #4015 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:47 PM »

I don't think New Jersey has ever been seriously in question.
If Biden’s approvals are underwater in New Jersey their is a slight chance that Republicans could score a upset win their, in which case I’ll literally vomit at the thought of what 2022 and 2024 will look like, LMAO.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4016 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:51 PM »

If Democrats lose NJ you will never see me on this forum again, lmao. Nobody serious thinks that's even a remote possibility.

I'd put a Murphy loss at roughly a 5% chance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4017 on: November 02, 2021, 04:45:58 PM »

Exit polls update throughout the night anyway, so the first batch isn't necessarily the most accurate.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4018 on: November 02, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »

If the black vote actually did drop to 17% then maybe that’s a sign to stop running unlikeable swamp creatures and to start running new candidates. Even if T-Mac wins, I stand by my statement earlier this year that he should’ve stayed tf out and let new blood take over. Then maybe we wouldn’t be in this position.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4019 on: November 02, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »

I'd say it's an extremely remote one. We have to remember that polling, for all its worth, has limits. Upsets do happen. I'd put it at ~5%.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #4020 on: November 02, 2021, 04:46:31 PM »

Yeah I question the validity of these early exits strongly

Also recalled 2020 vote choice was 46-46 Trump-Biden
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4021 on: November 02, 2021, 04:46:45 PM »

In 2013 54 percent of voters disapproved of Obama’s job performance, according to the exit polling. But 30 percent of those who “somewhat disapproved” of Obama nonetheless voted for McAuliffe.

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/terry-mcauliffe-virginia-governor-2013-elections-099441

18 points difference in favs, as preliminary exit polls show.

This is why I was looking for terry mcauliffe 2013 favs in order to compare but so far I have not found anything

I remember a preliminary exit poll from VA in 2013 that was McAuliffe +7 and then adjusted down throughout the night.  Even if this is off, it's pointing to such a clear R win that it would be very hard to flip the outcome.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4022 on: November 02, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »

This is why the Biden numbers, in the context of this specific election, don't interest me to much for now. What I think Democrats should be concerned about is Youngkin's approvals in comparison to McAuliffe's.

If Biden really is 43/56 in VA, it means he's in Hoover after the stock market crash territory nationally, so that's actually pretty important, possibly the most important part here for longer term implications. 

Hence why I mentioned, "in the context of this specific election". Also, voters in an off-year election are not representative of Virginia's 2024 or 2020 voters as a whole. Plus, we have to wait until the election results come in before we can even know if this is true.

Also don't forget, I remember plenty of approval polls placing Trump's rating under water in states like Nebraska, Texas, and Alaska, and several points underwater in Iowa or Ohio. I'll believe a dramatic exodus from one of the two major parties when I see it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #4023 on: November 02, 2021, 04:47:12 PM »

>Virginia youth turnout 9%
>Biden 43% approval
>Top issues of Virginia voters: Economy, Jobs

Wins or losses tonight Biden needs to sound the alarm to everyone in the admin. to get their sh*t together, now. Some executive orders as well.

What do you suggest he should order?
Some of his orders are at least partly to blame for his poor ratings.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4024 on: November 02, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »

I can confidently project that these early exit polls are going to be wrong in some significant way. Stop paying attention to them.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies