Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:13:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 342810 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:08 PM »

The fact that the democrats in Virginia don’t want parents involved in their kid’s education is horrifying and I hope the voters of Virginia punish them for it

There’s a world of difference between parents being involved and letting them call all the shots and believing that they know better than teachers.

Exactly.  Parents being personally involved in their children's education is great.  Parents giving input to school boards and professional educators is great.  Parents overruling those professionals and defining the curriculum is a terrible idea.

Maybe if it comes to Math and Hard Science cause those things are 100% factual but not when it comes to social studies.

Why? Social studies teachers have to have at least some level of expertise in their field to be endorsed in the subject, as is the case with any subject.

cause Social Studies is the subject that can be potentially used for propaganda. Things like the 1619 project and making our founding to be evil should not be taught in public schools

I live in a district that is called “loony” all the time, and not one social studies teacher here I know is doing this. There’s a state curriculum and there are specific state standards which they have to follow.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2301 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:17 PM »

The fact that the democrats in Virginia don’t want parents involved in their kid’s education is horrifying and I hope the voters of Virginia punish them for it

There’s a world of difference between parents being involved and letting them call all the shots and believing that they know better than teachers.

Exactly.  Parents being personally involved in their children's education is great.  Parents giving input to school boards and professional educators is great.  Parents overruling those professionals and defining the curriculum is a terrible idea.

Well...
A poll released on Tuesday by Suffolk University asked if parents or school boards should "have more of an influence on a school's curriculum?" It found 50% of overall respondents and 57% of independents said parents should have more of an influence.

I don’t need another psycho bitch Karen telling me my kids can’t be read Harry Potter in school “since it’s anti-God”. That happened to me when growing up.

The irony is this is how South Park characterized Kyle’s mom.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2302 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:41 PM »

parents can vote for school boards and other officials just like everyone else, that's how democracies work.

parents cannot storm school board meetings and act like terrorists.  that's how the modern GOP wants society to function (see Charlottesville and Jan. 6th insurrection for more) but is not how it does.  

So were Democrats protesting at town halls in 2017 acting like terrorists too. 
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2303 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:43 PM »

Do people honestly believe parents should be directly consulted about what their kids get taught? This whole controversy is so odd to me. Parents do not have any idea how to teach kids, leave it to the professionals. Homeschool your kid if you care so much. I cannot fathom why this whole nothingburger could decide how someone votes, especially when it has nothing to do with the office up for election.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2304 on: October 28, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »

parents can vote for school boards and other officials just like everyone else, that's how democracies work.

parents cannot storm school board meetings and act like terrorists.  that's how the modern GOP wants society to function (see Charlottesville and Jan. 6th insurrection for more) but is not how it does.  

How many of them were threatening violence against school board members and their families?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2305 on: October 28, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »

no, they weren't.  you have just clearly become blind to the terrorism on the right because the people who commit those atrocities perhaps share your extreme partisan views.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2306 on: October 28, 2021, 08:02:32 PM »

Do people honestly believe parents should be directly consulted about what their kids get taught? This whole controversy is so odd to me. Parents do not have any idea how to teach kids, leave it to the professionals. Homeschool your kid if you care so much. I cannot fathom why this whole nothingburger could decide how someone votes, especially when it has nothing to do with the office up for election.

It's ridiculous and pathetic.  It's just OSR and others weak attempt to deflect from the rancid positions of the GOP.  Since when has the GOP cared about education anyways?  Their voters, by and large, are the least educated members of society and constantly bash the educated elites.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2307 on: October 28, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »

no, they weren't.  you have just clearly become blind to the terrorism on the right because the people who commit those atrocities perhaps share your extreme partisan views.

The fact that you think protesting = terrorism makes it clear that you dont believe in our first amendment so you are the one who hates our constitution not me
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2308 on: October 28, 2021, 08:03:36 PM »

Have you seen the nsfw images from "Genderqueer" depicting child sex that were removed from VA schools? Id certainly rather have parents making decisions than chucklehead teachers who think that is appropriate. Ditto for Lawnboy and racist Ibrahim kendi books. Id trust a junkie to teach kids before id trust a kendi fan.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2309 on: October 28, 2021, 08:04:51 PM »

The fact that you think protesting = terrorism makes it clear that you dont believe in our first amendment so you are the one who hates our constitution not me

When GOP "protestors" stop acting like violent terrorists, they won't be referred to as such.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #2310 on: October 28, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »

First of all, the McAuliffe quote about "parents not being able to decide the curriculum" or whatever has been blown WAY out of proportion. I mean parents don't get to decide every single part of the curriculum, that's literally not their job. Sure they should have input, they can vote for school board --- or run for it.

I have to ask, is it true that this sample was 50-49 Trump? Because that's kind of important info being left out if that's true.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2311 on: October 28, 2021, 08:07:13 PM »

First of all, the McAuliffe quote about "parents not being able to decide the curriculum" or whatever has been blown WAY out of proportion. I mean parents don't get to decide every single part of the curriculum, that's literally not their job. Sure they should have input, they can vote for school board --- or run for it.

I have to ask, is it true that this sample was 50-49 Trump? Because that's kind of important info being left out if that's true.

The LV sample was.  The RV sample was Biden +6, I believe.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2312 on: October 28, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »

It's not just a quote, he vetoed a bipartisan "bill permitting parents to block sexually explicit books in school".
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2313 on: October 28, 2021, 08:10:36 PM »

Have you seen the nsfw images from "Genderqueer" depicting child sex that were removed from VA schools? Id certainly rather have parents making decisions than chucklehead teachers who think that is appropriate. Ditto for Lawnboy and racist Ibrahim kendi books. Id trust a junkie to teach kids before id trust a kendi fan.

Why in god's name would I want to look at that? Was this encouraged by the teachers? Was this kid taught to so? I can absolutely guarantee that none of that occurred.

I'll admit I don't know much about the rape coverup, but it sounds awful from what I've heard, and the school board should be held accountable. But that does not mean I want some crazy right-wing christian dictating what they teach to my kids in school. I'll take a real teacher with a real degree over a R*publican any day.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2314 on: October 28, 2021, 08:19:23 PM »

Strawmanning again, I see. That's why Youngkin, perhaps, has a momentum. There is a real issue whether the parents can have more say about the curriculum that the currently do.

Instead, T-Mac/Dems are ranting about terrorists and "crazy right-wing christian dictating" the rules. JFC.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2315 on: October 28, 2021, 08:24:52 PM »

Why in god's name would I want to look at that? Was this encouraged by the teachers? Was this kid taught to so? I can absolutely guarantee that none of that occurred.

I'll admit I don't know much about the rape coverup, but it sounds awful from what I've heard, and the school board should be held accountable. But that does not mean I want some crazy right-wing christian dictating what they teach to my kids in school. I'll take a real teacher with a real degree over a R*publican any day.

A parent read passages from lawnboy at a school board meeting and they stopped her midway through and said she was being obscene.

And yes these books are in VA public schools. Hell Kendi is the keynote speaker at the governor's housing conference next month which is why i decided not to go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/fairfax-schools-remove-books-lgbtq/2021/09/28/a3bae2fc-1fc3-11ec-9309-b743b79abc59_story.html
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #2316 on: October 28, 2021, 08:27:46 PM »

It's not just a quote, he vetoed a bipartisan "bill permitting parents to block sexually explicit books in school".

The bill was so broad it could have applied to the works of William Shakespeare and Toni Morrison.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2317 on: October 28, 2021, 08:50:17 PM »

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2318 on: October 28, 2021, 08:59:16 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2319 on: October 28, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »

Unfortunately for you, he's probably right!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2320 on: October 28, 2021, 09:07:34 PM »

Strawmanning again, I see. That's why Youngkin, perhaps, has a momentum. There is a real issue whether the parents can have more say about the curriculum that the currently do.

Instead, T-Mac/Dems are ranting about terrorists and "crazy right-wing christian dictating" the rules. JFC.

Sir, I believe the only one strawmannirg here is you.  Parents have say through their vote.  Not through acting like violent terrorists at school board meetings.  What part of that do you not understand?  Everyone's vote counts equally here in America.  Or at least it should in theory.  Parents don't get an extra vote, and parents don't get to harass and threaten school board meetings because they feel very passionately about their beliefs, which they get from FoxNews and are objectively stupid.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2321 on: October 28, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »

seems like a counterproductive thing to say.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2322 on: October 28, 2021, 09:26:16 PM »

Rumor, this is Youngkin+3

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2323 on: October 28, 2021, 09:29:43 PM »

Well it looks like one of my predictions will definitely be right.  This thread will get to 100 pages before Election Day.
Politics Fan

« Reply #2324 on: October 28, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »

seems like a counterproductive thing to say.
I feel like one of the fout possibilities are true:

1. He’s trying to create a narrative that his campaign is a decent favourite to win. This goes hand in hand with the fox poll. I don’t believe he’s a favourite or will win btw.
2. He’s hoping that some Dem voters pick this up on the news and decide their is no point to voting so they don’t show up.
3. His internals show him way up and he let his his cockiness get in the way of things.
4. He really is significantly behind in the polls and is trying to prepare his base for a defeat.

I tend to believe #1.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies